Awoo.

Sonic Forces is Awesome!

Plasme

I think we can all agree that the deep levels of cynicism and pessimism over Sonic Forces doesn't do anybody any good! So I though it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to what Sonic Forces does right and how it rocks! You know, so we can balance the tables a bit so it's no longer 100% discussion on how Sonic Forces is a stain on Sonic's name.

I personally think the game looks really great! I'm glad they brought back the Boost, as it really emphasises the fast speed Sonic is celebrated for. Not to mention the amazing music and graphics, all of Forces has just been brilliant so far.

Overall it looks like a successor to Generations, and I'm really glad Sonic Team kept with this formula, improve upon it, and aren't reinvent the wheel like they usually do every sing time. It's just Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic and Custom (a different take on the proven Modern Sonic gamestyle). Sounds good to me!

Please post how you think Sonic Forces is awesome and what the game gets right!

• Thumbs Up 7

Y'know I'm inclined to agree with you, it's awesome to see Gens' gameplay return after 6 years since I had a blast with it and the Custom Hero doesn't appear to be too much of a departure from traditional running and jumping that we would expect out of a Sonic game so I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm afraid we're in the minority here bud. I wouldn't expect to see much optimism in this thread.

More characters. Yay.

Sega kind of cashed a big check with Sonic Runners last year. They shoved a bunch of characters that they had pushed to the side right in our faces and demanded our attention. When was the last time Chaos 0 was relevant?

Then boom, Forces, and all our favorite characters have something to say during the levels and the E3 trailer taunts you with a who's who of villains that we will get to deal with. At the very least, the seemingly larger roles of the supporting cast puts a smile on my face. Its been too long since I've seen Knuckles punch something in a main console game.

Well the character maker for me is almost a relief, instead of having another lame main character we can create one.

Save the lame character part for the villain instead!

I think it's a cool idea of Sonic Forces vs Eggman Forces! If the game would had been just another 2 Sonics vs Eggman plot... I would had just skipped the game. It may sound crazy of me to say, but I don't think Infinite won't take over as the main villain in the last half of the game... I think Infinite may actually end up being the Time Eater Incarnate, and Robotnik is using the Time Eater again to take over the world... So yeah I'm guessing Dr.Eggman to be mostly in full control of his minions this time. Hohoo.

I'm not absolutely loving everything I'm seeing, I think Mania will far and away be the better game, but I'm more positive about it than most. Modern Sonic seems to be a huge improvement, from what I've seen and heard though, and that's mostly what I care about at the end of the day. The character customization options seem to hugely fleshed out, which is not something i expected. It may not end up being an incredible game, but it's looking like a good, fun one at the very least. 

• Thumbs Up 2

All things considered, Forces looks like a grand old time. From its interesting premise to the gameplay returning to something I enjoy a lot and great presentation. Yeah, I can't wait to play.

My favorite thing about Forces is that they're actually sticking with a gameplay that they know works and putting in new ideas from there, instead of throwing everything out and banking everything on some new reinvention potentially doing alright.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Unleashed Engine 2.0 is really coming out nicely. Can't stop drooling at Green Hill's Grass and the lighting in Park Avenue.