Awoo.

Sonic Boom(the show) is a nominee for Teen Choice Award

Klinsy

Hey, Sonic fans, ever want to see a Sonic show win a award? Well, now's your chance!

The 2017 Teen Choice Awards has nominated Sonic Boom, the show, for Choice Animated TV Show, it's going against Bob's Burgers, Gravity Falls, Rick And Morty and Steven Universe, so it has a lot of pressure ... also Family Guy was nominated but not even memes is making that show win this year.

You can vote here http://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

or Tweet #ChoiceAnimatedTVShow and #SonicBoom in the same tweet!

Vote for who you think you deserve to win, but don't worry, it's okay to root for Big Blue!

The show airs itself on August 13th, 8 PM ET on Fox

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, Klinsy said:

Gravity Falls, Rick And Morty and Steven Universe

I'll be surprised if Sonic Boom ever gets near these. I'm surprised that it even got nominated. 

Realistically I'd say Gravity Falls or Rick and Morty might win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All we can really do is hope and pray that SU doesn't get it. *cough*

Seriously, though, I'm really impressed that Boom got nominated! I'd be really surprised if it won, but it makes me happy that it even got this far.

I can't tell exactly what you're trying to imply with that Steven Universe comment, I'm hoping/assuming it was sarcasm, becaue SU is a fantastic show.

Honestly, anything but Family Guy would be a decision I'd understand. I'm amazed enough people actually still like it for it to be nominated.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Boom needs to win this in North America to get better promotion and to be put back on CN instead of Boomerang, if Sly Cooper ever comesto CN I hope it gets treated better than Sonic Boom. Sonic Boom already has awards from other countries and now needs North America's to do better and for potential season 3 and more Boom games. Also could be a little advertising for the 2018 Sonic movie which is not based on Boom.

Delighted for all the team working on the show to be nominated for this award. It's a long shot that it might win with the other shows involved but you never know

It's probably not going to win, but I'm nonetheless impressed that Sonic Boom managed to get nominated for a Teen Choice award. Here's hoping it will be good publicity for the show.

I've been swamped with stuff so I haven't gotten a chance to watch the new episodes, but I do have some episodes on DVR so I will definitely commit to watching then.

Out of curiousity, what awards has the show gotten in other countries?

In order for Sonic Boom to get better treatment than Boomerang here in North America is for Sonic Boom to win this. As of now to I assume August 12th 2017, everyone in the Sonic community should advertise Sonic Boom getting voted for whether it be on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, anywhere get it advertised and hopefully, if this pays off and Sonic wins maybe we'll get Sonic Boom Season 3 and more Sonic Boom games. This will finally show CN and Sega that Sonic Boom is still very popular. Also voting 10 times a day really helps, no idea why they let people vote that many times a day. Sonic Boom is still improving in both games and show, the show and games can keep going and are getting better and better this needs to be known to both Sega and CN and let them know that Sonic is the only good show we want to see on CN and hopefully a DVD release.

37 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

In order for Sonic Boom to get better treatment than Boomerang here in North America is for Sonic Boom to win this. As of now to I assume August 12th 2017, everyone in the Sonic community should advertise Sonic Boom getting voted for whether it be on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, anywhere get it advertised and hopefully, if this pays off and Sonic wins maybe we'll get Sonic Boom Season 3 and more Sonic Boom games. This will finally show CN and Sega that Sonic Boom is still very popular. Also voting 10 times a day really helps, no idea why they let people vote that many times a day. Sonic Boom is still improving in both games and show, the show and games can keep going and are getting better and better this needs to be known to both Sega and CN and let them know that Sonic is the only good show we want to see on CN and hopefully a DVD release.

This presumes that Cartoon Network isn't run by extreme morons.  The real reason just about every cartoon ever isn't on that channel anymore is because someone inexplicably decided to make Teen Titans Go 60% of the schedule.  I'm not going to pass judgement on whether that show's good or not, and I actually haven't seen too much of it to form a concrete opinion, but I can't see any way that dedicating that much time to any show, let alone one that a sizable amount of people despise, is a good idea from a business perspective.  Even dedicated haters of TTG probably wouldn't boycott CN for it, but if there's not also shows they like, they've got no reason to watch.  So even proving that Sonic Boom can be a profitable show won't convince network executives that dumb.

• Thumbs Up 2

This Teen Titans Go is way worse than the last Teen Titans. I used to like Teen Titans the version before TTG. At least then they actually tried their best at animation and it was better than this dumbed down, poor animation excuse for a cartoon. At the time The Batman, Ben 10, What's New Scooby-Doo, Duck Dodgers and Tom and Jerry Tales were still better than Teen Titans. Now back to current time, CN has had a downhill drop in good cartoons since then with poor quality animation 2d cartoons that are dumbed down versions of great cartoons, even spreading it to Ben 10 (some reason PPG still managed the same animation for a newer cartoon along with Samurai Jack). Here lately all the good cartoons are the CG 3d cartoons like Dreamworks Dragons and Sonic Boom, the Tom and Jerry show retains the character designs with a new art style, unlike Be Cool Scooby-Doo (which isthe worst version of Scooby-Doo to date, at least Mystery Incorporated and What's New did Not completely distort the characters and it's one of the highest rated shows on CN right now, WHAT??) That just makes me mad, taking Sonic Boom off CN for these low budget animation shows. I'm still confused on why Looney Tunes went downhill, I understand the animation is going downhill with Duck Dodgers being the last good animated Looney Tunes show, I think this is due to the overall poor Box Office performance of Looney Tunes Back in Action, but still does Not give WB the excuse to knock Looney Tunes into the Grand Canyon despite all the money they get from all their other movies they release every year. I can see why Dreamworks took Dragons and put it on Netflix.

We're in the final stretch!

Today's the last day of the initial voting session, why not give Sonic something nice for his birthday?

Voting's ending today, Here I thought we had until August 12th. Happy 26th anniversary.

I'm a glass full kind of guy so this going to be disgustingly optimistic.

But the fact Boom has a nomination at all and is competing against the more popular and bigger shows is definitely a big victory for Boom overall, not sure if how it got its place because of the people behind the awards show chose it or enough fans tweeted out how it should be nominated but either way, it definitely shows that the Boom show is doing something very right to get this kind of attention.

It might not win at all but gosh darn it, I'll definitely spam the crap out of the tweet votes I can spam out!

Major kuddos to the entire Boom team!

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

...unlike Be Cool Scooby-Doo (which isthe worst version of Scooby-Doo to date...

Just saying, it's the worst looking Scooby-Doo...but it's not that bad writing wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

That writing might be good, but it ain't worth watching if you can't stand the characters animation.

The animation for Season 2 has been consistently solid, some episodes just have some odd looking lightning in some episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems since the announcement of the Sly Cooper TV series, the Sly fan base is now even talking about Sonic Boom and it's Teen Choice Awards Nomination.

• 2 weeks later...

Voting for Teen Choice Awards 2017 will be opening back up on July 12th -July 19th. Sonic Boom is on that list to be voted for, lets vote Sonic Boom and hopefully it wins, also in addition for better treatment and season 3 in the US.

http://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

Well, this is awkward, the categories are completely different for the second round of votes and  Boom is nowhere to be found.

BUT, the Boom Crew is doing something fun, who is your favorite of the main cast? VAs and writers are participating in sync with this and a upcoming episode,  allowing us to vote #TeamSonic, #TeamTails, #TeamKnuckles, #TeamAmy, #TeamSticks, #TeamEggman, #TeamOrbot and #TeamCubot, if you have a Twitter join in the fun!

DEjYjuMXsAUI1qw.jpg

6 hours ago, Klinsy said:

http://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

Well, this is awkward, the categories are completely different for the second round of votes and  Boom is nowhere to be found.

BUT, the Boom Crew is doing something fun, who is your favorite of the main cast? VAs and writers are participating in sync with this and a upcoming episode,  allowing us to vote #TeamSonic, #TeamTails, #TeamKnuckles, #TeamAmy, #TeamSticks, #TeamEggman, #TeamOrbot and #TeamCubot, if you have a Twitter join in the fun!

DEjYjuMXsAUI1qw.jpg

That's weird.