Awoo.

SEGA Forever Revealed!

molul

6 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

On the Sonic 2 SEGA Version, once you have paid to remove the ads, the only SEGA ad which now appears (at least on my phone) is adverting the SEGA Forever of Sonic CD....

And it's an incredibly shoddy looking ad, isn't it?

8F601D1C-3E8C-4C31-9C45-4C1A82AF1469.thumb.jpeg.feed52b8edd3e75bcdde1fa7c5cd5c94.jpeg

I've already got the game, SEGA. And it's certainly not better than ever.

31 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

And it's an incredibly shoddy looking ad, isn't it?

8F601D1C-3E8C-4C31-9C45-4C1A82AF1469.thumb.jpeg.feed52b8edd3e75bcdde1fa7c5cd5c94.jpeg

I've already got the game, SEGA. And it's certainly not better than ever.

Yeah, it's lame. 

Although, it's less annoying than the add you get in the Sonic CD version (if you click on that stupid Modern Sonic icon in the top right on the main menu):

DVs6LkyW0AAUbyR.jpg

Not gonna lie, I sometimes come back here to see how much SEGA have fucked up with SEGA Forever!

Because I like seeing how Right I was in the beginning. I chose not to support their initiative because I could see the half-effort intentions from the beginning. SEGA don't make 'great efforts'. Why would this be any different? 

"Games from Megadrive to Dreamcast" Yeah, but like 90% Megadrive games that have been ported 5,672 times over and the other 10% being non-megadrive games that were already on the store. 

Batman Forever...

Duke Nukem Forever...

Never trust anything with the word "Forever" in it's title. It's usually destined to fail :/ 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so glad I have Sonic 1, 2 and CD original Android builds, before they were put into the Sega Forever label. This initiative is now dead to me. I'll stick to Retroarch for playing Mega Drive games.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally speaking, ports are better than emulations. They can fix bugs, add new features, change the resolution and all-round modernise the experience far better and more easily with ports than with emulations. However, that's only assuming that the ports are done well. While emulations can be bad and introduce a slew of issues not present in the original game, ports and remakes are arguably even easier to mess up. Case in point:

SEGA have managed to mess up the S1, S2 and SCD moblie remakes with the SEGA Forever initiative, despite the games being almost perfect before. Honestly, I've not got any faith that they won't make worse mistakes in porting other titles.

Can they produce decent ports of Sonic Adventure 1&2 for mobile???

Not bloody likely.

Wonder if they'll bring Mania to mobile under the SEGA Forever brand...

• 1 month later...

Looks like Dynamite Headdy is gonna be the first port for the SEGA Forever brand (they're now focusing on ports instead of emulations):

Are we sure this will be a port? I'm thrilling. It's my second Mega drive favourite game, right after Sonic 3 & Knuckles :D

1 hour ago, molul said:

Are we sure this will be a port? I'm thrilling. It's my second Mega drive favourite game, right after Sonic 3 & Knuckles :D

Seems very likely

One of the silhouettes at the bottom of the article is clearly Dynamite Headdy.

The fact they say they'll still be working on emulated titles makes me think this probably won't be a port - I imagine they'll reserve porting for stuff like Dreamcast or even Saturn titles.

7 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

The fact they say they'll still be working on emulated titles makes me think this probably won't be a port - I imagine they'll reserve porting for stuff like Dreamcast or even Saturn titles.

This makes the most sense to me.

I noticed this one has Rewind. Is this the first game to have this option? iirc Ristar didn't have it.

EDIT: Looks like you can change the size and place of the buttons as well

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently SEGA Forever has now added the Japanese version of Dynamite Headdy (in addition to the NA version which they've already made available).

The JP version has different boss skins and an easier difficulty THANK GOD!

• Way Past Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super Monkey Ball: Sakura Edition joins the SEGA Forever line-up:

• 2 months later...

Sonic 4 Ep2 is now part of the SEGA Forever brand...

Interesting that they appear to have skipped Ep1.

15 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Sonic 4 Ep2 is now part of the SEGA Forever brand...

Interesting that they appear to have skipped Ep1.

Considering how shoddy and messy SEGA Forever is, it looks like they just found a way to make Sonic 4 worse. 

• Chuckle 1

Alright, so I'm a new member here, but I've been viewing the forums as a non member to catch up with all the new Sonic news for about....4 to 5 years now. I felt the need to make an account here to express my distaste for Sega Forever (though I'll be obviously doing other things too), to be more precise the latest game. 

Sonic 4 Episode 2 crashes after the first boss. It also has weird sfx issues,  broken hand animations, as well as some sort of slowdown. It's honestly embarrassing how they're managing to mess up the simplest tasks and not being able to fix them without adding more problems.

I lost faith in Sega Forever long time ago. Great idea, horrible management. Something that amazed me is that they wouldn't update the first games with the latest additions to the emulator.

• 5 months later...