Awoo.

Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog, An OC ReMix Album

Faseeh

This was overall a pretty fun, positive album, though I admit I found it a fair bit weaker than most of the previous Sonic OCRemix albums (my personal ranking being CD = 3&K > 1 > This > 2).  The balance as a compilation of tracks from the whole series felt a bit off for an anniversary dealio, with so much love for the first three games then just a weird scattering of music from the modern games.  Weren't really any bad tracks at all, but not that many stood out for me either - those that did were the more unusual picks such as Sonic Advance 3's Options menu and (funnily enough your one Faseeh) Rush Adventure's Coral Cave.

Just found it a shame that there was so much from Sonic 1-3 when we've already had dedicated remix albums for those, and as said, while they were all good remixes, they're songs we've heard remixed billions of times before and only a couple of them did anything particularly stand-out memorable or new with said tracks for me.

I will say though, despite it's overdone-ness, Green Hill's remix was one of said few classic tracks I REALLY dug here.  The lyrics were kinda corny but the singing and whistling of the main melody was just gorgeous.  And yeah, pretty much all the tracks from Modern Sonic games were great and a very nice, interesting selection of picks to remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I will say though, despite it's overdone-ness, Green Hill's remix was one of said few classic tracks I REALLY dug here.  The lyrics were kinda corny but the singing and whistling of the main melody was just gorgeous.  And yeah, pretty much all the tracks from Modern Sonic games were great and a very nice, interesting selection of picks to remix.

I myself would love to say that I love the Green Hill remix, it just sounds beautiful. 

The 'biased' selection of the tracks just happened because musicians just chose whatever they wanted to cover haha, I myself would love to hear more the more Modern tracks get more love as well. Thank you for the compliment tho, Jez! An older track of mine but I appreciate it :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude. You took one of my favorite tracks in the entire series, Coral Cave, and made it sound like it was ripped straight from 3D Blast Saturn.

Haven't heard the rest of the album yet, just had to check it out first since I love the original song so much

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Sean said:

Dude. You took one of my favorite tracks in the entire series, Coral Cave, and made it sound like it was ripped straight from 3D Blast Saturn.

Haven't heard the rest of the album yet, just had to check it out first since I love the original song so much

Thanks Sean! :) I appreciate it a lot haha. Hope you do like the whole album.

Just listened to the whole thing, i personally liked a lot almost every track, but i highlight "The Long War" , "Minecart Adventures" , "Hedgehog Elimination Engine" and "Pax Eggmanica -Sear & Reave-" . I'll definetely listen to it again as soon as i arrive home. In sum, another fantastic album.