Awoo.

Sonic Mania OST Getting a Vinyl Release

Badnik Mechanic

The release also includes a download code of the album in both lossy and lossless formats.

the Version of studiopolis on the site also sounds different. Final Version perhaps? 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, FReaK said:

The release also includes a download code of the album in both lossy and lossless formats.

the Version of studiopolis on the site also sounds different. Final Version perhaps? 

It's definitely different. Cleaner, voice samples are easier to hear, additional instruments in some spots, and it has an ending. I will definitely try to pick up that Vinyl. 

Cool thing confirmed here for me by that track preview is that the soundtrack will have proper endings to the songs, not boring ol' fadeouts.  Also possibly proper names for all the tracks, not just straight up "Level Name - Act 1" etc.  Very happy about both things.

Definitely gonna buy this, the price point is perfect for a collector's item and the digital download thing is great.  I dunno how much you can fit on two vinyls, but if it's not the entire soundtrack, I hope the missing tracks are included in the download.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 1 buy for me. It'll make for a perfect addition to the Sonic collection. 

That Studiopolis Act 1 sounds so clean and I'm loving it. I know the rest of Mania music is going to be just as fantastic, but it currently feels hard to imagine anything topping Studiopolis Act 1 for me. lol

Can't wait to hear more of this. If I had a vinyl player I'd preorder asap. 

And wow at that Green Hill Act 2 artwork 

Very tempting to get this.

Tee's also uploaded to youtube the newer version of Studiopolis. Sounds so rad!

• Thumbs Up 7

Well having known their site for awhile I would say you better make sure you get it day 1 early and not wait a week out. Otherwise its going to sell out.

Well, this is certainly a treat. I think I'm ready to drop the cash on all three editions!

The final mix of Studiopolis 1 is fantastic too. 

I simply hope they wont spoil the track list when pre orders go live, I don't want an unrevealed zone to be revealed before release anymore... :x

Tee confirmed in the comments on youtube this is definitely the final version of Studiopolis which will be in the game:

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! You're amazing! - Just to clarify, this is indeed the final version of the song, which can be found both in the album and in the game, the only difference being that the album version has a custom-made ending. Thanks again for listening, and don't forget to buy it!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

I might buy this just for collection purposes, because this is really awesome. Plus, the download code coming with it really helps seal the deal.

The updated Studiopolis track sounds really nice. I was wondering if there were going to be any changes to that, considering we also heard an updated Mirage Saloon recently. Tee Lopes is just going all-out on everything here and I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Based Tee, this piece of music is eargasmic. It might just be my new all time favorite track from the classics, or at least it's tied with Quartz Quadrant Present (JP).

• Thumbs Up 1

Been a while since I did the merch thing (not really since my Sonic Adventure 2 10th Anniversary set got stolen :(), and I've wanted to get something from Data Discs, so I think I'll jump on this :)

There's a decent amount of extra nuance to that Studiopolis mix that I haven't heard in previous recordings (ending aside), and it's clear they're doing this one properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glorious if I say so myself!

It's hard to believe how different it sounds now, compared to the version from a year back, better mixing, additional instruments alongside improved instruments, seriously this is just glorious.

Now I wonder how Green Hill and Flying Battery sound now?

Oh wow I just can't listen to this final version enough. Best version of the track by far. Tee Lopes - you son of a gun, I'm going to absolutely love this soundtrack more than previous Sonic aren't I?

It actually makes my ears dance so much, if I had a vinyl player I'd buy the shit out of this.  

i like the sonic cd vibe this and mirage saloon have

why couldn't sonic 4 have music like this lol

The better question would be: why couldn't Sonic 4 never happened and Sonic Mania happened earlier?

• Thumbs Up 2

This looks like a sweet collectors item. If even just for the art box.

Wonder how much they will charge me to ship it over stateside.... Eh, Its totally worth it.

Does anyone know if this will be released on CD or digital download/spotify etc....

1 hour ago, Bedbug said:

Does anyone know if this will be released on CD or digital download/spotify etc....

At very minimum, we know that the vinyl includes a digital download with lossless (presumably FLAC or ALAC) and lossy (MP3) files. We don't know if this is the entire soundtrack, nor do we know if that's the only way to get the OST digitally.

Honestly, $25 for a lossless audio download with a bonus vinyl record is A-OK with me.

• Thumbs Up 1