Awoo.

Sonic Boom Animation to Receive Japanese Dub

FlameStream

Hmm I didn't see a topic about this, so might as well start one.

3-D animation "Sonic Toon", known outside of Japan as "Sonic Boom", will be dubbed in Japanese.
All 52 episodes of the first season which debuted in 2014 will be broadcasted exclusively on Netflix starting July 1st.
They will cast the same voice actors as the games, namely:

• Kanemaru Jun'ichi as Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Hirohashi Ryou as Miles "Tails" Prowler
  • Kanna Nobutoshi as Knuckles the Echidna
  • Kawata Taeko as Amy Rose
  • Yuuki Aoi as Sticks the Badger

No mention of who will voice Dr. Eggman. As you may know, he has passed away and his last Sonic work was "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric".
I believe that it will be the first time we'll hear the new Eggman, and I'm quite curious to about that.

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/23136153.html

1 hour ago, FlameStream said:

No mention of who will voice Dr. Eggman. As you may know, he has passed away and his last Sonic work was "Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric".

I believe that it will be the first time we'll hear the new Eggman, and I'm quite curious to about that.

Eggman had Japanese voice acting in Rio Olympics and Fire & Ice.  Sonic wikia lists his voice actor as one Motomu Kiyokawa.

I LOVE the Japanese Sonic voice cast! I'm really excited they are doing Sonic Boom/Toon! Time to re-watch the show somehow Piracy!

9 hours ago, JezMM said:

Eggman had Japanese voice acting in Rio Olympics and Fire & Ice.  Sonic wikia lists his voice actor as one Motomu Kiyokawa.

Oh, wow. This reminded me that I should give this game a try.
Eggman's voice hasn't changed that much, which is good to hear.

Is there going to be a english dub of the show?

Not sure what I can do without hearing my favorite voice actors 

On 6/24/2017 at 4:52 PM, SuaveKnux said:

Is there going to be a english dub of the show?

Not sure what I can do without hearing my favorite voice actors 

This is a Japanese DUB of Sonic Boom, the English/French show that has been going on since 2014!

8 hours ago, simtek34 said:

This is a Japanese DUB of Sonic Boom, the English/French show that has been going on since 2014!

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder why it's taken this long for the show to get a Japanese dub.

13 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Wonder why it's taken this long for the show to get a Japanese dub.

It's possible Sega wasn't too proud of the Boom subfranchise (especially given how bad Rise of Lyric did) but given how popular it is now (with the show at least) and the improved critical reception of Fire and Ice, they've probably decided to give it a chance

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone here has an access to Netflix Japan? Outside from Eggman (Kotaro Nakamura) and Team Sonic, what actors voiced the other characters in the show (Dave, Barker, e.t.c.)?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ♡Kyo-Chan♡ said:

Anybody here able to upload the Japanese intro on YouTube or sumtin? I love the Japanese dub music for shows.

Why would the music be different?

Sometimes they change the original intro from foreign series to use a more like-anime intros...It's not the case with Sonic Boom though

The japanese dub is available in Netflix Spain, so I guess Netflix UK must have it too, but It seems it's not available for America.