Awoo.

i don't see why some fans hate classic sonic in forces

GucciBurr

16 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Interesting. Well, I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

I'm a fairly easy person to get crying but I found that scene hard to watch more because I felt embarrassed for Tails. 

He's a fictional character, I know, but seeing him longingly stick his hand out for Classic Sonic as he disappeared while gasping in sadness was like watching someone bomb at putting on a 1st Grade school play.

"No. Don't leave me, Other Sonic. My dream of having an All Sonic harem will never come true now..."

I think the issue is more that the sudden bond they had came out of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Razule said:

I think the issue is more that the sudden bond they had came out of nowhere. 

I think the issue is that it's ridiculous for them to bother dedicating time to them having such a strong bond. No matter what they did, at the end of the day, it's just another Sonic.

He has another one. One that he found out wasn't dead after 6 months of thinking he was. 

Because having him in forces is just so redundant when he has his own game. not too mention he was in generations which was just 2 games ago. it really was a let down when we were all looking forward for modern sonic to get his own time in the spotlight especially after boom but instead we see classic in there as if we need anymore of him.

The idea left a bad taste in my mouth from the reveal trailer because it involved a dramatic cinematic with Sonic heroically and determinedly charging down a path. Some debris falls and then... he's saved by himself?
Sonic should be the hero of his own story. Not a past version of himself.

It was fine in Generations because being retrospective was the entire theme of the game. But Classic Sonic had absolutely no business being here. It's pointless dilution.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 3/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, The Deleter said:

I think that'd backfire on your expectations in more ways than you realize :V

• Mania has competent gameplay designers that could put him to work in a lot of new ways
  • It's a series that isn't starved for attention towards other characters, nor a series that throws them by the wayside once a new character appears yet
  • It's a series with a very small amount of characters that need attention in the first place to satisfy
  • And they'd have a team of fan-favorite animators and spriters to bring the concept to life

Nobody would be clamoring for it, exactly, but I don't think there'd be that much fuss about it at all. It'd basically be Generations 3: Pixel Edition, but it could also have some sort of hook that could sell people on it. Doubly so if it brought characters like the Chaotix back into the fray, and gave them a good 2D workover once again.

But I think there are still extreme purists out there who might get mad, and he could always be ruined by mandates.

2 hours ago, Emerald Chaos said:

The idea left a bad taste in my mouth from the reveal trailer because it involved a dramatic cinematic with Sonic heroically and determinedly charging down a path. Some debris falls and then... he's saved by himself?

Isn't it a perfect metaphor though?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

15 hours ago, Razule said:

Isn't it a perfect metaphor though?

I don't come to these games for meta commentary. Sonic Mania speaks well enough for the difference in quality for games made by people who understand the series vs people that don't. The difference in quality between the core classic games and modern games has absolutely nothing to do with Sonic's design.

Besides the metaphor falls flat when Sonic Team themselves fail miserably at implementing the fundamentals which make classic Sonic gameplay what it is.

• 2 months later...

It's generally a combination of giving the Classic/era too much presence with Sonic Mania also out, him being almost complete irrelevant to the plot, some of his levels being kinda wonky and for some eargrating to play through, and for somewhat diverting resources, attention, and time from everything else.

Also, Generations was assumed to be a one-time, special thing. Yet, much like with World's Unite, it's follow up so incredibly soon, at such an awkward/inopportune time, with sooo much else on the plate to be balanced.

My take:

He is just put there as a cash grab to hopefully cover up whatever inefficiencies the game had. That backfired on them big-time after he was revealed to have wack physics and earrape tracks(looking at you Faded Hills.). It dosen't help that Tails' character(and Chaos) was butchered just to shoehorn him in. It also does not help that many potentially playable people had to step aside for the little cashgrab, major examples being Silver, Amy, Knuckles and Rouge.

I've got nothing against the little guy, but please, dont use him as a last minute marketing tool. He has his own franchise to drive you know?(Mania). Prove the Modern haters wrong Sonic Team. You created Sonic Battle, S3&K, the Adventures, Unleashed, Generations. Take in new talent that can help you rise up again to the point of the fame the last 4 games I mention garner. As of now, the fanbase, especially the Classic side, believe that CS is a crutch for Modern. Again Sega and ST. Prove them wrong. It dosen't have to be Adventure 3, so long as you do fine(subjective, I know). Let the tired talents take a break.

I was introduced to the blue blur in Sonic and Knuckles, and my fandom deepened when I got ahold of Sonic Battle. I had to get by on the mobile titles because economical reasons and the fact the Sonic is not as much known in the Philippines. Don't let his legacy just die people.

/rant over

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1