Awoo.

Weird Official Sonic Art

Big Panda

Honestly the only thing weird about that image render is the Sonic Hog's arms, probably due to the angle. They look like they would just reach straight to the ground.

32 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

His spikes are weird to be more specfici

His spines look fine in this render.

rpRUer2.png

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160625203818

And this render from the SA section in the EGM magazine is great.

vUfnbby.png

This model is honestly closer to the 2d art than the current CG models are. The round shape on the brows of his eyes and the curve on his muzzle are spot on.

16 hours ago, MainJP said:

Sonic Adventure CG art is weird? It looks really good for something made in '98.

The spikes are facing down.

They're facing down because they're longer...and to be clear, modern Sonic's quills are always facing downward. Just because they aren't as long and droopy anymore didn't change that.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:48 PM, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

Where's that first one from?

I think it's a save icon for one of the Sonic games on PS2. Can't remember which it was, but I know Mega Collection and one other game had a classic-style Sonic model for their save icons.

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, EmmBee said:

I think it's a save icon for one of the Sonic games on PS2. Can't remember which it was, but I know Mega Collection and one other game had a classic-style Sonic model for their save icons.

Correct. Nice sig and profile photo. I'm a big fan. ;)

Here's some more bad/weird art. I've always hated how American Classic Sonic looks.. It just looks... Ugly and wrong...

ohno.thumb.png.8806b8fb51adba105e7fa1716009ebff.png

This Tails art for Tails' Adventures make him look like he's constipated...

tels.thumb.png.8979a7e7126bbce9d07ccac524655bd8.png

I don't know why Sonic is drinking like this...

5a43bdd2cf6c1_knockknock.thumb.jpg.b544f1cd68c610dee0028e11a06c5e12.jpg

And finally, on to my LEAST favorite Classic Sonic game-art ever.

vomit.thumb.jpg.8563b7f4b09bb2f8e05e9bb11dab73c2.jpg

Like... Why are Tails' bangs like that? Why are his eyes separated from his muzzle? Why is his chest patter so weird? Why the hell is the half pipe blurred, but the rings aren't? It doesn't help that they used the ugly American Tails design either...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Here's some more bad/weird art. I've always hated how American Classic Sonic looks.. It just looks... Ugly and wrong...

Outside of West Sonic's face being the same expression once again, there's nothing really weird or bad about this artwork. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Outside of West Sonic's face being the same expression once again, there's nothing really weird or bad about this artwork. 

I explained why I hated it above.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, ClassicKnuckles said:

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, StaticMania said:

I agree with StaticMania, I never had a venomous hatred for Sonic's US artwork like a lot of purists. There's a certain charm to them that encapsulates that radical '90s style!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

From STC

Screenshot 2018-02-05 at 2.02.57 PM.png

Tails = a Crackhead

That's Ricky, the squirrel critter. 

10 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

That's Ricky, the squirrel critter. 

Known as Tufftee in StC, where that image is from.

latest?cb=20080120061708latest?cb=20090625201008

Well, not really a weird official artwork, but it always bugged me to no end, that the Sonic characters have no toes on their feet. It is just a blob. I mean, sure we do not see the characters taken their shoes of often but with characters like Tikal and Big the Cat it always looked so weird. Especially because they have regular five fingers. Why not five toes? This is just a pretty weird design decision that I just can not understand.  

28 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

it's to prevent foot fetishes

Know how to prevent that? Be bad at drawing footsies.

I got a few more Archie panels to share:

SnEnB.jpg

Aside from finally having his eyes separated, Sonic's decided to mimic Knuckles' dreadlocks, with diminishing returns.

93e6cffe4fe66a5eec236bbfd7cbd661.jpg

I don't know the context behind this line, and I don't think I want to. Also, Archie at this time was adamant on making Shadow's chest fur gold, for some reason.

TitanTails01.png

This was a mistake on every level, and mankind as a whole should be ashamed for letting this hellspawn manifest itself in a children's comic book.

• Chuckle 1