Awoo.

Weird Official Sonic Art

Big Panda

On 2/8/2018 at 10:56 AM, ClassicKnuckles said:

I did read the issue later, I was flipping through it, and found that, and thought it was Tails, then realized my mistake later and apologized. It's from STC #3.

Speed Battle isn't too bad, and the art, while kind of weird, doesn't look too bad to me.

Sonic Live! is one of the weirdest thing's you'll ever read, and the art is ridiculous. Note the fact that Sonic is grabbing the kid's hand, as if to force him to come with him. "Sonic Forces a kid to come with him against his will"

He's grabbing the kid's shoulder.

..which makes it worse

That reminds me of some of the Archie covers with a lot of stuff going on for no reason. This one probably stuck with me the most.

latest?cb=20100125000047

Oh and then there's this one as well
latest?cb=20100125014449

On 2/6/2018 at 1:35 PM, Adamis said:

Why don't you... I don't know... check the actual story from issue #3 ?

I know it's silly to respond to something that's weeks old, but I just have to say this is unnecessarily rude and disrespectful and I'm a bit disappointed honestly, considering you don't have a history of acting this way. Please don't do this again in the future. Thanks, and sorry for responding to something so late xP

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

On 2/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, EmmBee said:

That reminds me of some of the Archie covers with a lot of stuff going on for no reason. This one probably stuck with me the most.

That's because all three were drawn by Patrick Spaziante, who had a knack for drawing loads of shit going on. His cover art always made the series look so much more interesting than it actually was, and probably was what carried the series' for the better part of it's...age of suckage.

• Fist Bump 3

I was searching for some pictures of the new Formula 1 cars presented recently, and I found this:

f1-european-gp-1993-a-sega-sonic-the-hed

f1-european-gp-1993-sonic-the-hedgehog-b

I don't know if they count as Sonic arts, since they aren't drawings, though they are weird for sure, especially the promotional cosplay...

They are from a F1 grand prix in 1993, according to the source.

16 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

All this talk of feet in the IDW topic got me thinking of...

I read a joke once that, in Sonic's universe, exposed feet and hands are considered nudity.

I now believe it.

13 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That'd mean in old Archie, Sally and Antoine were always half-naked, and Rotor was completely naked.

To be fair, you could argue that to be the case for Sally from how some artists drew her. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That'd mean in old Archie, Sally and Antoine were always half-naked, and Rotor was completely naked.

And?

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

To be fair, you could argue that to be the case for Sally from how some artists drew her. 

I meant under the context that no gloves/no shoes = nudity.

Ergo, Sally and Antoine were half-naked because they always wore shoes but no gloves, while Rotor, who wore neither, was a straight-up nudist.

• Chuckle 1

• 10 months later...

Bit surprised this really hasn't shown up yet. 

latest?cb=20170628132315

sss11p01.JPG

The way Sally was drawn during this period of the comic makes me legitimately uncomfortable. This is fur affinity tier artwork in a comic meant for 10 and under year olds. They basically drew a realistic naked adult woman body and stuck a cartoon head on top. The first one even has very explicit breasts. 

11 hours ago, StaticMania said:

It's pretty good...that's just her design.

Maybe that's not the most appropriate design to put in a comic meant for pretty young kids then. Even so, she wasn't this sexualized in SatAM or early Archie. 

This looks pretty nice but Sonic looks spaced out

168zguv.jpg.447cf84d154aa6f027d7478a31b710b1.jpg

The many different forms of concept art for Sally Acorn

Xj8A8GI.thumb.jpg.a7bf7aad43fe8d31a5565b9dd26c03c5.jpg

Sonic Underground concept art where the qeeun looks different

conceptartSU.jpg.54013ae345832afcf4e6d21e8717da81.jpgSU

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Osmium said:

Maybe that's not the most appropriate design to put in a comic meant for pretty young kids then. Even so, she wasn't this sexualized in SatAM or early Archie. 

Kids won't care about that. I mean, "depending on the artist" hits Archie Sonic quite hard...she wasn't much after that either.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:21 AM, Razule said:

Exquisite

Still rather have that than the stupid blob feet.

Although I rather like this design for sonic character feet:

collab__at_the_docks_by_jamieswiftrunner

I like the paw like design here, not too human but not the typical cartoon 3 toed "bugs bunny" feet

Again not a foot fetishist but anythings better than blobs or overly human feet to avoid the uncanny valley.

• Fist Bump 1

Okay, time to see what this is about.

On 6/24/2017 at 7:51 PM, Osmium said:

Alright, it was only a matter of time before someone went through the early StC issues 

Hide contents

0Pxqxz_-Q2OHzbrq0WkinA.png

Oh my gosh, there's some horrifying Freud stuff going on here

On 6/24/2017 at 9:09 PM, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I just can't get over how out-of-place Cream looks in this

wooooooow.png

Guess she even more in common with Rouge.

But on a serious note, what does that remind me of?

On 2/15/2018 at 11:52 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

Sonic Super Special #15 truly was a cursed issue.

4yUbGJ.jpg

eMnm9L.jpg

It took me a concentrated while to figure out what I was looking at.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, EmmBee said:

latest?cb=20100125000047

Oh and then there's this one as well
latest?cb=20100125014449

Pizza! The Hutt! 

6 hours ago, Osmium said:

To be fair, those were explicitly going for a simple, cartoony style rather than typical comic book quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Coincidence that the most recent post is about the NiGHTS comic, as I just received issue 6.

8-B327162-05-FF-4-BC7-B679-1-AE7753918-E

4299-C16-A-7263-40-D6-9-AF7-907-DCAC33-B

A3-BB6040-99-FC-4762-BF25-1-C811117-C491

CA3-E4646-AFD1-40-C3-BBE0-1149270-CA637.

D315-DD8-E-55-DA-4306-8-FF3-DF632-FF749-

C79-A3-B51-BFB5-4-E7-D-9-CBC-EFF175-E9-A

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1