Awoo.

What's your idea of a spinoff sonic game?

A super No.1 washedupgamer

21 hours ago, Celestia said:

So everyone--including me--wants Riders to come back and be awesome and all that good stuff.

But something I'd like to see even more is an on-foot racer (like good ol' R) that has the aesthetic and (in part) mechanics of a Riders game. Give everyone a dash / special attack like the first Riders. The speed/flight/power classification would come back, though their abilities would be altered to fit a foot based racer (for example the Flying types can fly whenever but tire out quickly). I guess the air tank wouldn't be a thing but your dash would still rely on a gauge of some sort...actually, maybe it is still a thing, but I'm not sure what the justification for it would be? Maybe the #lore explanation would be that the special shoes people would wear for the races in this game function like Labyrinth's slow-down shoes when they run out or something, haha.

Edit: You know what? Let's go wild. Treat this as a straight up sequel series to Riders. Jet decides he wants to try and beat Sonic at his own game, Eggman's up to something that involves some Babylonian backstory maybe, etc.

I've always had the opinion that if Free Riders wasn't a kinect game, it would have been a solid Sonic racing game. It's such a waste of potential that it had to be attached to that stupid webcam. Oh well, the Sonic All-Stars racing games make for a good replacement since Sega probably interpreted the poor reception to Free Riders as "No one wants to play a Sonic Riders game anymore," instead of "This game failed because we forced people to use the kinect." But if Sega ever did decide to develop a new Riders entry, I'd definitely be up for it, as long as it turns out good of course.

Sonic Boost Racer -  Basically it's Unleashed daylight stages in a game that is a mixture of racing and platforming, in a wacky race style, with the due alterations to support the number of racers/players, like larger stages/courses and such things. It would be a new genre of game.

Tails and Knuckles: Chaos Quest - Inspired by Ratchet and Clank, Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, Jak and Daxter, Mario & Luigi. So many games have two characters to play with. It could even be a smaller series, like Nintendo's Mario and Luigi. Sonic has a history with this thing too, given Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II, Sonic Heroes and the ability for a second player to control Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In my pitch, Knuckles uses strenght and Tails brains, you have to alternate between the two to figure out how to procceed in the levels so it's not all about speed. It's more a puzzler, having some elements from Tails old adventure games. It kinda seems what Boom tried to do (I didn't play Boom to be sure). Tails also uses gadgets ala Clank.

Lego Sonic - Self explanatory. Why doesn't it exist yet?

Sonic Force - Not to be confused with Sonic Forces. Inspired by Mario + Rabbids, it's a Sonic SRPG game in the mold of Shining Force classics.

Sonic Expansion Project - This is the idea I like most. Consists of releasing in a digital form games to flesh out Sonic's world and mythology, each featuring a different main character. These being smaller, indie-like games. They would be games like Blaze the Hedgehog, Silver the Hedgehog, Espio the Chameleon, Rouge the Bat... and would feature gameplay to match each character's skill set.

Hedgehog Freedom - A spin-off totally set in Archie universe comics. IMO it's what Sonic Boom should've been.

i'd like riders to come back if it actually played good for once. riders 1, zero gravity and free riders were very, very clunky racers

a sonic riders game that plays similarly to f-zero x (which was developed by sega's amusement vision; if only that team lasted long enough to have developed riders) would be great

still, i'd prefer another sega all star racing game

• 8 months later...

I want a new Sonic racing game, but not any racing game, but maybe Sonic R 2, with a Story Mode, and better controls, the Storymode presenting a somewhat simple story (maybe Sonic 3 complexity?), and varing game styles, Challenges, Normal Races, Miniboss Races & Boss Battles, and also consisting on a HUGE cast, being Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, (From here on they are all unlockable and exclusive to Single, & Multiplayer races) Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Vector, Charmy, Espio, Mighty, Fang, Silver, Blaze, Cream, Gamma, Tikal, Jet, Dr Eggman, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Mecha Knuckles, Chaos, Mephiles, Bean, Bark, Battle Kuku Lords, Marine, Ray, Jet, Wendy Witchcart, Chao & Mario (Switch Only)

Another one i want is an RPG without magic set in the main series universe, in the Modern Era (Sonic Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Forces) and with Attack Action commands, Platformer elements & more Lighthearted than most RPG's like the Super Mario RPG's, even tho with some deeper (opcional) Backstory toled by some scrolls hidden in the game, a Prolouge, 8 Chapters, sometimes even being able to choose what chapter to tacklefirst, and 7 Interludes Beetween Chapters all starring amy his own side story, like in Paper Mario, however it will be based more off Mario & Luigi.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Eomercin said:

Another one i want is an RPG without magic set in the main series universe, in the Modern Era (Sonic Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Forces) and with Attack Action commands, Platformer elements & more Lighthearted than most RPG's like the Super Mario RPG's, even tho with some deeper (opcional) Backstory toled by some scrolls hidden in the game, a Prolouge, 8 Chapters, sometimes even being able to choose what chapter to tacklefirst, and 7 Interludes Beetween Chapters all starring amy his own side story, like in Paper Mario, however it will be based more off Mario & Luigi.

You had me at without magic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, RedFox99 said:

You had me at without magic. 

LOL i know, it's pretty obvious, wonder why i even stated that?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Now a expansion over my Mario & Luigi type game idea.

The battle system is almost the same as Mario & luigi except there's no health points, instead their replaced by rings, wich are essentially the same but you get them by either grabbing them on the world map, or by defeating enemies, and they also serve to buy items like Chillidogs, when hit, unlike the platformers, you only lose certain ammount of rings, just like HP, (if you get 1 of damage, you'll lose 1 ring) but when you have 0, then you're done in another hit, plus your stats will low extremly.

Maybe a something like Sonic & Tails, Going to an island called Locko Isle, to retrieve a Heart Shaped stone as power full as the Master Emerald, made to stop the mobius war 500 years ago but due to it being extremly dangerous, it got burried, Eggman wants it to use it's power to take over the world (without someone like Knuckles trying to stop him), however a new villan, Mr Badwrench (inspired by one early design for a SEGA mascot, with an early coinsidered localized Eggman Name) also wants it for the same cause, but in their own ways, but Sonic breaks it after a Battle with Eggman and it shatters into pieces all landing in a nearby island called Happiri Isle, now Sonic & Tails must get the pieces before Dr Eggman or the Mr Badwrench

The story doesn't Take itself seriously, in fact, you'll be facing TONS of goofy and Cartoony situations, like Sonic losing his powers, and everyone somehow not recognizing him even tho they clearly saw sonic loosing his powers, or when Eggman makes a evil 3D printer, wich prints an awfull Sonic oc due to one of the Members of a Sonic fan club accidentally making the machine print his oc.

For the Cast

Sonic, Tails as Playable Characters, Eggman, the new villan as well, Villans, Knuckles, Amy, the Chaotix, and PLENTY of new characters (like Roo the Kangaro or a whole species based of the Monitors sonic breaks, some good some bad) a supporting cast, Orbot, Cubot, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Mecha Knuckles.

For enemies

there will be 2 Types of enemies, Eggman's Badniks, and The New villan's Monsters, Most will be goofy, weird and crazy enemies, including badniks, some of wich are redisigned to look goofier or slightly more menacing but still goofy.

For places, you obviously visit Green Hill Zone & Scrap Brain in the beggining, but right after the heart shatters Sonic goes out of Suth Island into Happire Isle they are all named after emotions, like Happiro Valley, Grrarr Hotlands, Boohoo Lagoon, Saddstream Seas, with a few exeptions like the Lame Lane, Wacky Planetoid, or Shadow Egg

There's no Chapters or interludes in this version of the idea, plus it takes place on a different island in Mobius, not in another whole dimention, and is finally more based off the american canon (making things like the Sonic Bible, the Earth being called Mobius, No Humans beside Eggman, only animals, Robots & Monsters canon in this universe

An Amy adventure-platformer game, kind of like the Ganbare Goemon series (especially their fun and wacky tone) where you go visiting villages, playing mini-games and side-scrolling action stages, but adding those Sonic-y elements like still gaining momentum, but with much more emphasis on the platforming/combat to use all of Amy's jumping and hammering abilities. And just for fun, how about unlocking not just the many different outfits Amy had in other spinoff titles, but even new types of Piko hammers, all of these featuring different attributes that, if some specific combinations of outfit and type of hammer are made, can unlock additional special moves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very unlikely to happen, even if pigs fly and hell freezes over, a Metal Slug Attack clone  with all the different factions through the years. Drakon Empire, Xorda, Eggman Empire, Black Arms, Metallix, Metarex, G.U.N., Kingdom of Acorn, Nocturnus, Battle Kukku, and so on. 

Maybe a Myst-like game about Tikal and her world? 

I would like to see a racing game base off of Amy as a lot the tracks, music, and theme will be made around the way she sees things her point of view with the rest of them being about her friends. I would even make it so she would be the announcer for the races!

I'm strangely both simple and difficult to please all at the same. For example, Sonic R is my idea Sonic spin off and no other Sonic racing game has done it for me.

If I were to be pressed to really define something though I would probably go with an on foot racer like Sonic R but instead of circuits have it set up like OutRun to capture the whimsy, wonder, and discovery of Sonic's adventures. Add in a story mode with multiple ending based on route and character and I would be in spin off bliss.

• 1 month later...

I'd personally like to see a third storybook game if anything, I couldn't imagine Sonic Team doing anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see a Classic game, but made using 3D graphics. Kinda like the 3D Kirby games.

The aesthetics would be more cute, with the characters looking like chibi versions of themselves, and the enemies would look more like Mario's koopas and goombas, and less like Eggman's horrible mechs from Sonic 06. The game wouldn't have a story, or at least wouldn't have any cutscenes, heck, the characters wouldn't even talk, like Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations. As for the amount of characters, there will only be Sonic, Tails and Eggman, while everyone else wouldn't even get a cameo appearance.

The game would have more emphasis on platforming, like Sonic 1, and less emphasis on brainless speed, like Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure 2. It would be a pure and simple platformer, that Sonic was always meant to be.

I've had an old idea bouncing around in my head again; a lighthearted alternate universe game where Eggman is the hero.

I'm picturing an NES-ish sidescroller with a Mario-like pace. Eggman's a brilliant and benevolent inventor who's just about to open his new amusement park to the public, but a bunch of ill-tempered animals (Sonic and the rest) bust in, steal some macguffins, and take up residence in various themed areas of the park. So Eggman's got to run around, recover the macguffins, and kick out the animals, so he can open the park on time and not disappoint all the little kids.

There'd be an almost Megaman-like system of getting new gadgets, based on classic badniks, with combat and/or platforming uses. A motobug motorcycle, a caterkiller grappling hook, a penguinator freeze ray, stuff like that.

And maybe I'd use that old concept art design for him and have his final classic era design as a superhero persona.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2018 at 6:39 AM, Diogenes said:

And maybe I'd use that old concept art design for him and have his final classic era design as a superhero persona.

For his superhero persona how about having him in his concept design from this art?

Sonic_Gems_300.jpg

Or the concept art closest to his final design. Lacks gloves, the walrus teeth on his cape reach past his shirt and he wears shoes rather than black pants with connected boots.

EggmanConceptArt.png