Awoo.

If you could get an adaptation of any game, what would it be and who would you want the director to be?

dämmerung_rabbit

This topic probably gets thrown around a lot, but I'm curious to hear what you would want, personally I would love a Jet Set Radio movie directed either by Richard Linklater (director of A Scanner Darkly) or Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim)

I'd love to see an adaptation of the Crash Bandicoot games, especially something that charted the 1-2 era and added details like Crash meeting Coco.

Concerning a director, I'm not sure actually. I'd preferably like someone who has a penchant for goofy, whimsical stuff, but can still channel in a decent bit of other moods like dark atmosphere and sentimentality. Don Bluth would be interesting, especially given stuff like Dragon's Lair, but I fear film-wise he'd lean maybe a bit too much into dark and tearjerking for what Crash is supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

I will take a Shadow of The Colossus movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki, please.

A Sonic movie directed by George Miller (of Mad Max fame) would also be incredible - Miller really knows how to direct fast action in a clear sense, and that action is often stunning. 

I'm struggling to think of the best ever directorial fit for a Metal Gear Solid movie, though - Kojima's talents in direction are so tied to videogames and player agency, which doesn't translate into cinema, despite the obvious influence cinema has on Kojima. He straddles this weird line between arthouse fuckery and straight action movie cliche, with a twist of Japanese Anime heroics. Maybe he's gotten the best deal with Jordan Vogt-Roberts, who directed the superlative Kong Skull Island, but even writing that script should be a nightmare that even the Sonic screenwriters can look at and say 'guess we dodged a bullet there!'

• Thumbs Up 2