Awoo.

The "I Need Status Updates Enabled" Topic

Tara

So in an effort to curve duplicate topics on the matter and hopefully make things easier, I wanted to make a quick and easy topic so new members know what's going on and have a place to request assistance without needing to make a new topic about it.  For those out of the loop, we are currently experiencing a glitch where new members have statuses disabled by default and are unable to edit their birthdate information.  If you are unable to make statuses or edit your birthday in your profile, this may be applicable to you.  If that's the case, any of the following actions will suffice-

>PM a mod or admin

>post it in this topic

>complain about it on social media

A moderator will assist you when they can.  So don't fret if we don't get to it immediately.

If you have had your status privileges disabled as a result of a past disciplinary action carried about by staff, we will not re-enable them by request.  Anyone caught attempting to abuse this will be subject to disciplinary action at staff discretion.

Happy posting!

• Thumbs Up 5

• The topic was pinned

I'm not a new member but I noticed that, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't edit my birthday settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Josh said:

I'm not a new member but I noticed that, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't edit my birthday settings.

Send us your birthday and we'll edit for you!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tara said:

Send us your birthday and we'll edit for you!

It's today (teehee)

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's today (teehee)

And the year too unless you'd rather not give that. ;P

2 minutes ago, Tara said:

And the year too unless you'd rather not give that. ;P

Oh, 1997, Sorry bout that

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh, 1997, Sorry bout that

Fixed.  Happy birthday! ♡

• Thumbs Up 2

Happy birthday, Josh! :lol:

Can you help me too?

Mine is July 15th 1999 :)

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Happy birthday, Josh! :lol:

Can you help me too?

Mine is July 15th 1999 :)

? Done, my dude.

Also: I seem to recall some people who've had their birthdays fixed in the past have had it go blank again. Do we know the reason for that yet?

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Celestia said:

? Done, my dude.

Also: I seem to recall some people who've had their birthdays fixed in the past have had it go blank again. Do we know the reason for that yet?

Happens randomly when you edit your profile iirc.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Celestia said:

? Done, my dude.

If I remember correctly, either changing your username, or title will cause the birthday to be wiped.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

You'll have to put mine in too.

December 1st, 2001.

Done!

• Thumbs Up 1

I need my birthday re--oh right.

42 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If I remember correctly, either changing your username, or title will cause the birthday to be wiped.

Pretty much any change to your profile not your avatar or signature will blank it out. We still have no idea why it happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

oh yeah, this happened to me too. Such a strange bug, haha.

19th July 1990. Thanks in advance :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Alternate Evolutions said:

oh yeah, this happened to me too. Such a strange bug, haha.

19th July 1990. Thanks in advance :D 

Fixed!

Do you think you could sort out my birthdate info too please? It's 22 July 2001. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, SpinSlash165 said:

Do you think you could sort out my birthdate info too please? It's 22 July 2001. Thanks!

Fixed.

On 02/07/2017 at 11:38 AM, Celestia said:

Funny... I needed to change my birthday date early this year (01/24, my birthday), and mine date still working. Can someone recheck this?

17 minutes ago, Solister said:

Funny... I needed to change my birthday date early this year (01/24, my birthday), and mine date still working. Can someone recheck this?

Looks like your birthday is still there. If you haven't made any changes to your profile/username (with the exception of avatar/signature) since it was added/re-added, it shouldn't be affected. If you do make any changes to your profile and your birthday disappears, feel free to let us know and we'll put it right back.

Hello, I was thinking of not coming here till I knew for sure I wouldn't make any change to my name or profile, but I guess that came to be.

My birthday is September 20th, 1996

Thank you very much for this topic, keep on being awesome!

3 hours ago, Klinsy said:

Hello, I was thinking of not coming here till I knew for sure I wouldn't make any change to my name or profile, but I guess that came to be.

My birthday is September 20th, 1996

Thank you very much for this topic, keep on being awesome!

Fixed

2 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Hi, I'd like to be able to make statuses, because I, well, cannot do that. Thank you!

Went ahead and enabled them.