Awoo.

CyberShell: Sonic Mania Is The REAL Sonic 4

Zippo

Oh, I wasn't judging those who enjoy the content, but the content itself. Sorry if I sounded like insulting you. It was never my intention :)

• Thumbs Up 1

claps

He did...the madman did it! I take back everything I say...this guy is a GENUIS!

(no seriously this is HILARIOUS to watch lol)

• 1 month later...

He's actually improved quite a bit in the past few months. He's less vulgar, gives more insight into what he actually thinks, and his videos have become a lot more informative and he actually articulates his points very well. His Sonic comic retrospective in particular is stellar. I very much recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 3

The amount of people in this thread who don't understand that the video is a joke and he isn't serious fucking astounds me. I remember Cybershell made another piss-taking 'Top 10 Sonic's' video where he jokingly said that Mario was a cool copy of the original Sonic platformers and I was astonished that so many people in the Youtube comment sections where genuinely criticisng the video with "no Mario came first". After seeing the jokes completely fly over your heads I'm now not surprised people can be that stupid.

Cybershell is actually a really old Youtuber and his entire persona is a piss-take out of all the AVGN rip offs that came out around 2008. Hence the 'forced swearing' that he gets accused of which is completely intentional and he's been doing it for ages, he's been accused of it in his comment section by people who know nothing about him for years. He's actually an innovative youtuber, people weren't doing his shtick back in 2008 (parodying the Sonic fanboy meme while putting tons of obscure info of Sonic into his Let's Plays and their weren't even many of those in Youtube's early days).

And yes, he's a parody of the 'Classic Sonic fanboy stereotype'. I thought it was so obvious that he was a parody that I'm really surpried that no one here apart from Zippo actually gets the joke. Cybershell is like UnknownArchive in that he makes completely stupid videos that aren't meant to be taken seriously by playing the Sonic fanboy persona deadly straight. Mind you, Cybershell at least makes his most ridiculous statements tinged with huge levels of irony, if you don't get the Cybershell joke then God knows how angry you would get watching UnknownArchive's Sonic Philes.

I mean, the fact someone got mad because he says he plays his games on a computer 'like a grownup'  blows my mind. That anyone could have thought that was a serious statement is honestly bewildering.

I'm not attacking anyone here for not liking the jokes of the video, since they clearly are not for everyone. He's made much better videos than this one too, his informative videos have info that you can't find on any other Youtube channel.

But the fact so many people here didn't even get it was a joke, and thought he was being deadly serious in his hatred of Sonic 4 really shows the level of low-intelligence on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the message here is that, being it a joke, maybe it's just not fan anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Plasme said:

But the fact so many people here didn't even get it was a joke, and thought he was being deadly serious in his hatred of Sonic 4 really shows the level of low-intelligence on this forum.

Oh man, you were nailing the post until that unnecessary last sentence XD

29 minutes ago, Plasme said:

"I'm not attacking anyone personally" "Really shows the level of low-intelligence on this forum".

So am I stupid for not getting a really lame joke that I'm not supposed to be aware about or not? I don't get it because of my low-intelligence, could you explain ;)?

(Now, this is irony, not that video. I'm not saying he isn't trying to be ironic or anything like that, I only watched that single video, and it wasn't as obvious as you think it would be that it was a joke video to someone who isn't familiar with his contents. That said, yeah, his jokes aren't for everyone, but not because they're smart jokes or anything.)

Yeah, Cybershell was potentially the very first Sonic-focused YouTube channel to make it big back in the day. He's been doing this kind of stuff for ages. Whether or not he's your thing is totally up to you to decide, but he does have a reliable formula that's he's stuck with for about a decade now. His videos have obvoiusly had a dramatic improvement since then. As I linked above, his Archie Sonic retrospective is fantastic. 

I really wish this was shown instead of Sonic 4 back then, so this could've been called it.

Everything about this bar the reimagined zones make that naming choice so bizarre.

Mania is good name, and represents the fans. But man...

Actually, although Sonic Mania will be a much better Sonic 4 than Sonic 4, the fact that it has reimagined stages makes it difficult to call it Sonic 4. It makes sense that another brand is created for this project, and it's coherent with all the Sonic games titles sonic Adventure: Advance, Unleashed, Colors, Boom, Rush... Only Adventure had numbered sequels (Adventure 2), and Advance had 1, 2 and 3.

I really want to know why it's called Mania. What's the story that is summed up as "the word for this script is MANIA".

Also, if there is a new 2D game made by Mania Team, I'd rather it wasn't called Mania 2. Mania, to me, means reimagined+new stages. The next 2D classic Sonic game should be all new.

16 hours ago, Plasme said:

Listen, I get it, you clearly hate SSMB. You know the saying about cursing the darkness vs. lighting one candle? I've noticed your approach seems to be cursing the darkness AND also increasing the darkness yourself with over-the-top unnecessary and inappropriate complaining...and now, even worse, blatant insults. Like, I don't see how you can complain about the forum being negative and nasty when you yourself are clearly not above negativity and nastiness.

As a result, you're receiving a strike and suspension. If you do want to stay here (which I imagine you probably don't...), I recommend you improve your contributions here drastically and fast.

Remember, if you hate SSMB...don't be a part of the problem. =P

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 3