Awoo.

Interactions between Sonic characters who never met

Klinsy

Hey, hey, it's a topic all about what if scenarios, woo hoo!

So, some Sonic characters have canonically  never met, Big and Blaze for example, have been in games together but haven't interacted, what would go down if these two were to have a conversation?

I think this would be a fun way to stretch this forum's writing muscle, let's go at it!

I think a interesting meeting would be with Blaze and Tikal, they're both guardians from different places than the usual Sonic world, I think Blaze having someone she can relate to on a personal level would be very neat, also one has a theme of water and the other has a theme of fire, it would be a perfect contrast! Tikal is calm but emotional, Blaze is a hot head but tends to keep to herself, they can learn from each other to handle their emotions in different ways, that's just my take on it

• Thumbs Up 5

* Cubot and Storm. Cubot might challenge Storm to a contest, and maybe they'd become new rivals in lack of intellect. Storm's kinder side might even comfort Cubot, or confuse him. 

* Shadow and Tikal. Tikal would remind Shadow of Maria, and yet at the same time, Shadow would remind her of Pachacamac. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thannnnnnnk you.

I'd be interested in seeing how either Sonic and Amy would interact with Omega. Sonic because he shares Omega's "Gotta destroy Eggman's bots," fetish as Sonic and I'm curious to see as to what kind of comparisons Omega would make between Sonic and Shadow. I'll be it'd be something along the lines of "I CAN DESTROY YOU JUST AS EASILY. AFTER ALL, YOU ARE JUST AN INFERIOR PALETTE SWAP THAT LACKS HIS RANGE AND VERSATILITY." And Sonic would say something like "Oh no, I agree. By the way, did I ever tell you about the time he never beat me?" Whether it'd be a fight, a team up, or a conversation, these are two characters that would definitely have some interesting chemistry.

Now, Amy and Omega is probably something that might go over your head (or not, I try not to condescend). But, let's not forget that at one point there was another E-Series robot that went rogue. Interestingly enough, Omega only knows of his brothers through battle records. Amy would surely make a comment about meeting Gamma at one point. You might (or might not) think that Omega's detached from any thing sentimental with his whole "Kill first, ask never" mentality. But, have you ever considered the possibility that Omega's one of the most outwardly emotional characters?

Like seriously. He talks about being the best of Eggman's creations and wears that title with pride. Sure, that could be a deduction based on comparisons from data in other robots' performance assessment. But, he also assumed he could take on Shadow, some random ass thing he's probably only seen recordings of, without anything to go on besides "I'm tough shit. GG, loser" (But given what happened in 06, at least 200 years down the line in a possible future, he was able to best him for whatever reason but that's another conversation). Also, his entire purpose for joining Team Dark, aside from Rouge's suggesting, was to get back at Eggman for simply forgetting about him. If he was some cold hearted, unfeeling death tank that merely functions on whatever prime directive he was given, then he would have never joined up with Shadow and Rogue in the first place or formed a close bond. That also defeats the purpose of most of his commentary in Sonic Heroes.

He has selfish desires. He is a being of autonomy. He is capable of learning. And if he's capable of learning, then he's capable of being curious.

Amy would be the first person (technically second to Rogue in Sonic Battle) to make a comparison between Omega and Gamma. Because of his pride which may or may not be backed up by supplementary information, Omega would simply dismiss Amy's claims, calling him "an inferior specimen." Amy would then go on to explain his more noble qualities; his sacrifices, going against Eggman not out of spite or vengeance but because he honestly believed that what he was doing was wrong. Even though Omega most likely already knows that there is value in people aside from their destructive potential, he at no point internalized it. He's a trigger happy, vengeful driven WMD. He joined with the military probably because it opened more venues for him to kill bots (or because Rogue asked him). For the most part, his self-value has been defined by how much he can destroy.

He knows he can help, he knows he can fight for the greater good, he knows he can form relationships. But has he ever really thought of himself as anything more than a weapon?

According to getting an E-Rank with Team Dark in Sonic Heores, Omega sees Gamma as a level for him to overcome. He greatly looks down on him. Obviously, he was never close to his older brother or otherwise he may have taken a very different path of development. The two are essential opposites: Gamma saw the world as beautiful and something worth protecting. He didn't agree with his creator's purpose but he loved his brothers enough to want to free them from Eggman's tyrannical grasp, even if that mean killing them one by one. He'd rather they die with freedom then live a life of servitude to a malevolent mad man.

E-102 valued life. He cared for other people. He saw meaning in more than wanton destruction. He didn't care about how much he could destroy, rather he was concerned with how much he could protect. And he sacrificed his own life to protect the planet he knew so little about.

This would probably confuse Omega. "AN EGGMAN CREATION THAT DOESN'T HAVE A HANKERING FOR EXPLOSIONS AND SHIT? YEAH, RIGHT." But at the same time, this could arouse his curiosity. Even if he's not exactly the same as Gamma, he might see that they're both at least somewhat mindful of others. Gamma used violence as a means to protect. Omega uses it as a means. Given some time, Omega could grow to admire Gamma. Perhaps after learning a little bit about the world that he's a part of, he might learn that there is something else to fight for than his own pride.

Perhaps even a WMD can learn to see the value of a simple smile or being free in the wind. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Hypothetically speaking, making these scenarios is fine. However, it seems that a lot of them have met off-screen, which is why by the time of another instalment, they just talk as if it isn't the first time they've spoken even though it is from what we've seen. On that basis, I don't know how many characters have actually never met. 

Even if certain characters have met off-screen, we don't know how they behave around or how they feel about eachother.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Azul said:

Even if he's not exactly the same as Gamma, he might see that they're both at least somewhat mindful of others. Gamma used violence as a means to protect. Omega uses it as a means. Given some time, Omega could grow to admire Gamma. Perhaps after learning a little bit about the world that he's a part of, he might learn that there is something else to fight for than his own pride.

Perhaps even a WMD can learn to see the value of a simple smile or being free in the wind. 

The comics did touch on this a little bit. Gamma and Omega confronted each other in one of the back issues, and Gamma had to contend with Omega's bloodthirsty, holier-than-thou attitude. After taking him down a peg, Gamma uploaded the bit of code Omega needed to "open his eyes" and see the world around him for what it was. Omega is still ego driven and maniacal, but at the very least Gamma gave him the freedom to fight for himself and choose his own path.

Sonic Battle also handled the theme of living weapons with Shadow and Emerl. Shadow spent much of the game brooding about their pained existence. To be used as weapons and nothing more, but in the end Emerl did help them come to realize that even he could grow to be more than his programing demanded him to be. It took a mortal blow from Sonic to learn that last lesson and have a final moment of clarity, but much of that game was devoted to the soul of a walking WMD.

• Promotion 1

Do multiple continuities count?

SatAM/Archie Sally might be dumbfounded by how generic Fleetway Sally looks.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The comics did touch on this a little bit. Gamma and Omega confronted each other in one of the back issues, and Gamma had to contend with Omega's bloodthirsty, holier-than-thou attitude. After taking him down a peg, Gamma uploaded the bit of code Omega needed to "open his eyes" and see the world around him for what it was. Omega is still ego driven and maniacal, but at the very least Gamma gave him the freedom to fight for himself and choose his own path.

Sonic Battle also handled the theme of living weapons with Shadow and Emerl. Shadow spent much of the game brooding about their pained existence. To be used as weapons and nothing more, but in the end Emerl did help them come to realize that even he could grow to be more than his programing demanded him to be. It took a mortal blow from Sonic to learn that last lesson and have a final moment of clarity, but much of that game was devoted to the soul of a walking WMD.

It was actually Sonic Universe #3, but none of that has anything to do with Omega's reaction to hearing about his brother.

PrebootArchie!Omega was a blood knight with no sense of remorse. He couldn't be developed in the same way in the games or in the way I described because he had no sympathy for life. He changed because he literally felt what his brother felt, not out of an admiration for him. This implied that he wouldn't have taken any interest in hearing about him prior.

Shadow's episode in Sonic Battle took an entirely different direction then the scenario I described. Shadow regreted that he was made to destroy and said that the world could only know peace if he was dead. Shadow has, since SA2, saw value in life. Rogue pointed out that he was afraid of his power. Omega embraced his destructive potential. Assuming he was initially a kill bot, he only learned how to value life after his adventures in Team Dark. And even then, he's still strongly violence oriented. Shadow and Omega's development start on opposite ends of the spectrum.

• 4 months later...

Knuckles and Cream is an odd combo that's technically been on the tables a number of times, but I don't think much was ever really done with it.

I also heard Cream was gonna be in Silver's story in 06 at one point, so there's that as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Knuckles and Cream is an odd combo that's technically been on the tables a number of times, but I don't think much was ever really done with it.

I also heard Cream was gonna be in Silver's story in 06 at one point, so there's that as well.

Hmm... I wonder how that latter part would've worked out. Maybe Cream would've interacted with Blaze.

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Hmm... I wonder how that latter part would've worked out. Maybe Cream would've interacted with Blaze.

That is the immediately obvious motivation, yes. Though given how tacked on Blaze was in that game, I'm wondering if it's possible that Silver was supposed to be more of a solo act at first before meeting Amy and Cream.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That is the immediately obvious motivation, yes. Though given how tacked on Blaze was in that game, I'm wondering if it's possible that Silver was supposed to be more of a solo act at first before meeting Amy and Cream.

Things may have gone better if Blaze wasn't in the game, or at least was her Sol self.

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Things may have gone better if Blaze wasn't in the game, or at least was her Sol self.

I almost wish Evan Stanley worked at Sonic Team so we could've had Gold instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I almost wish Evan Stanley worked at Sonic Team so we could've had Gold instead.

That coukd've worked better. I haven't read past the Champions Arc, but it seems to me that Gold had a big sister relationship with Silver.

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That coukd've worked better. I haven't read past the Champions Arc, but it seems to me that Gold had a big sister relationship with Silver.

Maybe. Unfortunately, we didn't get much of Gold to really get a feel for her dynamic of Silver. Or even much of her personality, which is detailed on her concept art.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Maybe. Unfortunately, we didn't get much of Gold to really get a feel for her dynamic of Silver. Or even much of her personality, which is detailed on her concept art.

Yeah, thanks to the preemptive cancellation.

11 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, thanks to the preemptive cancellation.

*Sigh* Luckily, Ms. Stanley has apparently said she would do more with Gold on her own terms. And since Gold technically belongs to SEGA/her  anyway, there is still a chance she could show up in IDW Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 2 years later...

Ended up finding this thread in the process of searching and decided to use. I hope it's okay to do so, anyway.

Watching the Sonic Hacking Contest reminded me of Diablon's existence and how interesting it would be to see the completed model. Possibly facing off against any of the Deadly Six.

Ooo interesting topic

Whisper / Eclipse: Bitter enemies or awkward shipping. Probably both

Finitevus (Archie) / Zachary (Fleetway) recreation of mirror scene from Sonic Generations.

Sticks / Marine: Sticks thinks Marine is goverment attempt at cloning. Marine thinks Sticks is cool and tries to copy her, making Sticks more paranoid. Also Marine is super fascianted by boomerang, throws it and hits herself with it. She loves it.

Sticks / Shadow (main): Sticks gets infatuated by this walking Government/Alien conspiracy beauty

On more serious note I do believe Shadow and Tikal would connect, they have a lot in common while being opposite

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

Game!Knuckles and Sticks.

13dae5d36b66ff8e078341a46c700468c17b8e48r1-500-313v2_00.jpg

(Gonna cheap out on this one, though it ironically took longer than being authentic.)

On 3/27/2018 at 7:16 AM, DabigRG said:

Sticks is easily one of the best Boom originals because, on top of being designed like a proper Sonic rather than a cheapish knockoff like some of the other characters, she fills  niche or two that hasn't really been filled by the Modern cast(or the Classic one, for that matter) yet feels like she'd fit right in.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:32 PM, DabigRG said:

Which, to be fair, is really just a more modern/topical presentation of her innate paranoia about modern technology.

When I hear of a character who is "wild," I don't just think of living in jungles and having survivalist skills--I also think of fashioning tools and weapons by hand, having little qualms about being dirty, and having styles of combat that take less from your standard martial arts or boxing in lieu of something that can fend off or even kill wild beasts that are instinctively built for tracking and mauling.

Knuckles might also be a nature person who spent much of his life alone, but honestly, so is Sonic. And he's never been depicted as being that much less "civilized." In fact, his island contains machinery and locales in addition to said traps being beyond what you're typical wild person uses.

Plus, Big is also technically more wild than Knuckles.

one of the reasons I want to see Sticks get more access with the Main series cast is because I'd like to see her interact with Proper Cream and Rough Knuckles.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:03 AM, DabigRG said:

What I particularly found interesting about her, partly borne from being a rather wild girl in a world of anthromorphic animals, is the fact that her personality and beliefs were very adverse and contrasting to many of the other characters around her, meaning she could be partnered up with any one of them in order to get any form of neat interactions. I really enjoy and happily await for the instances where she can be further immigrated into the proper game cast so she can continue have  more interactions and adventures outside of her originating zone's sitcomy format.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:35 PM, DabigRG said:

• And unless I'm forgetting something(which at this point is admittedly easy to do), I don't think we've had a Knuckles and Sticks episode yet--in fact, their dynamic is something I can't really say I know off the top of my head. One of the things I really liked about Sticks is that she kinda feels like she was partly designed/written to have some sort of contrast with each of the Sega characters while still very much being her own thing for the Boom series to have fun with. In this case, her feral origins and paranoid assertions seem like it could make for a hilarious/awesome combo with Knuckles own origins and somewhat gullible nature; and while I realize Boom!Knuckles is different enough from the main series version to make this dynamic a little skewed, he's also debatably the most recognizable/popular and hilarious of the main cast. So it's really odd that I don't recall them interacting that much.

sonic_runners_shadow_tikal_by_bellaura-d

Shadow can't quite wrap his head around pacifism. To him, one sword keeps another in the sheath. To fight the good fight means putting your foot down. Sometimes preemptively, even. Anything to keep innocents out of trouble. 

But if nothing else, he respects the commitment. Violence is fueled first and foremost by emotion, and how we feel isn't always what is just. He understands that better than anyone. Tikal may not have it in her to seek more efficient solutions to conflicts, but at the very least she'll never have to live with the guilt of hurting people who didn't deserve it either. 

Shadow's brash personality and muddy reputation is a barrier to most, but Tikal sees right through it. As someone who tamed a nonverbal god of destruction, her people skills have to be pretty good. She can tell that Shadow's just trying his best to come back from a hate fueled rampage and do good. She respects that a lot even though she doesn't always agree with his methods. 

Alien overlords and time traveling gods don't challenge Shadow as much as having to deal with outgoing people for extended periods of time. Tikal feels the same way about trying to wring more than a few words out of him, but it's fun, in a way. Most people would get impatient with his abrasive personality but Tikal finds breaking down his barriers not only possible, but easy in a way few others do. 

In the end they wind up being good friends. Tikal turns out to be a great source of advice and Shadow...is a good listener. 

• Thumbs Up 5

On 4/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Ooo interesting topic

Whisper / Eclipse: Bitter enemies or awkward shipping. Probably both

Finitevus (Archie) / Zachary (Fleetway) recreation of mirror scene from Sonic Generations.

Sticks / Marine: Sticks thinks Marine is goverment attempt at cloning. Marine thinks Sticks is cool and tries to copy her, making Sticks more paranoid. Also Marine is super fascianted by boomerang, throws it and hits herself with it. She loves it.

Sticks / Shadow (main): Sticks gets infatuated by this walking Government/Alien conspiracy beauty

On more serious note I do believe Shadow and Tikal would connect, they have a lot in common while being opposite

These are great. 

I want to see "Legends of the Eggman Empire" about the various henchmen scheming in the evil royal kingdom

Orbot & Cubot / Scratch & Grounder & Coconuts / Bocoe & Decoe / Crabmeat & SWAT Bot / Egg Robo & Egg Pawn = it's like the Cantina from A New Hope, there's a crazy tavern full of the weird old badniks. It's an underground part of Breezie's casino empire from the Archie Champions arc; where the badniks go when they're on time off. I think if Scratch could convince anyone but Grounder to really be on his side -- especially the SWAT Bot -- he could take control of the full gang. Unfortunately, everyone thinks Scratch is pretty annoying except Grounder, who nobody likes except Scratch, who only likes him because Grounder likes him. Orbot, Cubot, Bocoe, and Decoe get along very easily in twos and as four; Coconuts and Crabmeat both feel left out but neither likes the other. The SWAT Bot doesn't care, is just here to drink. The Egg Robos and Egg Pawns run the place, with early badniks like Caterkiller working too.

Dr. Snivley / Dr. Stone = it's battle of the two number twos. They both call each other the help, or intern, or third string.

On the good guy side...

Uncle Chuck / Grandpa Chuck / Nate Morgan / Professor Pickle / Maddie Wachowski / Miles "Tails" Prower / Rotor the Walrus / Nicole the Holo-Lynx  / Kintobor=  Three inventor/mentors, a teacher, a veterinarian, one inventor/mentee, an engineering genius with a strong work ethic, an advanced A.I. ruler of nanites, and an advanced AI version of Eggman if he were sane and good. Finally, Chuck's vision for the roboticizer that heals people without turning them into robots is completed by the Avengers of Good Geniuses. You can imagine them sitting together in like some kind of old romantic biblical portrait of the last supper, or something. 

Bunnie Rabbot / Antoine D'Coolette the Coyote / Tangle the Lemur / Whisper the Wolf = Tangle and Bunnie would be great friends, with the former bringing out the latter's more playful and childlike side, something she's regretted missing being more of a teenage veteran soldier. Antoine would enjoy Whisper's quietness, and eventually learn he doesn't need to always fill the silence with his own nervous blathering. 

That's all I've got for now, but dang, these would be fun. 

Sega, open the gates of continuity!

I have no clue why but for some reason I keep wanting to see Blaze and Charmy in a scene together.

I keep imagining that instead of it being Charmy just being all wild and shit, it'd be this weirdly formal thing where he'd say something goofy while being completely serious about it and she'd just nod her head, smile, and say "Sure. I get what you mean." and carry a conversation with him as though what he was saying weren't somehow ridiculous. Perhaps in an attempt to treat him like an adult by taking his childish ramblings at face value. I dunno. The thought of that amuses me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I have no clue why but for some reason I keep wanting to see Blaze and Charmy in a scene together.

I keep imagining that instead of it being Charmy just being all wild and shit, it'd be this weirdly formal thing where he'd say something goofy while being completely serious about it and she'd just nod her head, smile, and say "Sure. I get what you mean." and carry a conversation with him as though what he was saying weren't somehow ridiculous. Perhaps in an attempt to treat him like an adult by taking his childish ramblings at face value. I dunno. The thought of that amuses me. 

Your post reminded me of what I consider to be one of the funniest "two characters with nothing in common"-meetings in the actual canon, namely Charmy and Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog. Charmy thinking that Shadow is really awesome makes me smile.

I find it a shame neither Sonic or Knuckles have really interacted with the Chaotix in the modern games.

Knuckles is pretty self explanatory, they have a history together (retconned or not, the series has still made some nods to that game).

Sonic however takes my interest because of how other medias handle this, especially Vector. I LOVE how both Sonic X and Boom give the two this rivalry of sorts, though with both shows placing a different character in the insecure underdog role, X for Vector's resentment of Sonic's popularity and bravado, and Boom for Sonic's resentment of Vector taking the limelight away from his more earnest, non-profit focused heroics. I'd love if the games took an even ground with this, an profitless but still kinda egocentric hero against an ambitious guy whose trying to make an honest buck.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:54 PM, DabigRG said:

I think it's that, while Cream has actually interacted with Knuckles at times, they've either been kind of generic, or it's mostly just been gags, often out of character ones where Cream is randomly mean or passive aggressive to play off of Knuckles' no-respect-guy role (eg. X or Rush), and obviously they can't do those too often otherwise it would destroy Cream's defining kind personality. They don't really have meaningful two way interactions that expand on their personalities, largely being the two guys that never hang in the Advance group..

I wouldn't mind seeing a character who could actually test Cream's passive streak, but I want it to be actual story focused, not self contained character-breaking gags that are never important. Like imagine an inconsiderate character like Charmy slowly winding down on her patience.

Actually the Boom version of Knuckles might fit in this regard, since I could see a good contrast of pity and frustration at how blundering he is.

• Fist Bump 1