Awoo.

Sonic Mania is Approaching: What's Your Plan?

Zippo

I plan to stream the game on my Raspberry Pi so I can play it on my CRT TV and Ill play the game using a Sega Saturn Controller.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not much longer now. I'm getting a tingling sensation of excitement and antsyness. For all we know, someone could be playing the final version right now. 

It only takes one blurry, off screen picture to turn this place into a madhouse. Looking forward to the frenzy. 

• Chuckle 1

My plan is to burn all the modern Sonic games in effigy as a tribute to the return (albeit most likely very temporary) of potentially playable Sonic games.

Or I could just take the more sane route and listen to the 1/2/3/K & CD OST's online.  Maybe watch some AOSTH & SATAM for good measure.

Only 2 weeks left! :D I think I'm starting playing all classics from this evening. 

Well, except for Sonic CD. No matter how hard I try, I don't enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy playing the Mega Drive games.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, molul said:

Only 2 weeks left! :D I think I'm starting playing all classics from this evening. 

This, i'll try to marathon the classic games during my free time, oh, and re-watch SatAM ('cause i always do it in august, but still, mania launching give me another reason :P)

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity, since the release is just 2 weeks away, when are we expecting reviews for this? 

My current plan is to keep listening to the music that's been uploaded. May play S3&K on my 3DS in my spare time. 

Sonic 1 feels a bit basic after playing it a fair bit again, CD's art style and music are all that game does for me now (hate the level design in later stages) and Sonic 2 I've played umpteen times on my phone 

Next week, I would guess. Most companies send out review codes two weeks from release, at least nowadays. If reviewers have the game now, they are most certainly under embargo until review time. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Review codes are apparently going out now.

Achievements/trophies could literally leak out any second. 

People are already losing their shit about spoilers on Twitter. I would stay alert, unfollow shady folks on social media and stay away from YouTube and Twitch if you care very much about them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm treating this like Game of Thrones. No spoilers until I see the entire thing! With that, I will see you on the other side... Hywel At The Moon, out! 

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

You're a little late. T-Bird has already played a review copy at the weekend just gone.

Won't be long before review scores start coming in.

If that's the case, for all those afraid of spoilers, stay even more cautious. I have a sneaking suspicion stuff is about to start happening, like things are about to start getting out, like they always do. It's exciting and worrying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Zippo said:

Achievements/trophies could literally leak out any second. 

People are already losing their shit about spoilers on Twitter. I would stay alert, unfollow shady folks on social media and stay away from YouTube and Twitch if you care very much about them. 

Wait how do we know that? (about the review codes) 

I'm so conflicted right now because I've made it SO far without learning too too much about the game (mainly because SEGA is being stingy which at first I was mad about but now I'm kinda glad they haven't given away too much) and yet I'm sooo curious to learn more without learning the entire level list or final boss or anything too major. I'd be interested to see more of the stages we already know about like Flying Battery or Stardust Speedway. I don't consider that so spoilery since we already knew of their presence, I'd just be curious to see what they did in FBZ Act 2 to mix it up, for instance or even learn something about another zone boss. 

But I have a feeling it's going to be an "All or nothing" thing where these massive leaks will reveal everything and of course when you read something, you can try to avoid certain parts but you can't tell your brain you didn't just see whatever was just written. Still, I'm very excited to see these reviews. I'm not naive enough to think that Mania will get 10s across the board but I would be shocked if this game doesn't at least outperform Sonic Generations (which I believe had a 78 Metacritic score, not too shabby but not amazing either). I fully expect there to be a few 5/10 scores from reviewers who'll harpoon the game for using too much "recycled" content or it'll be one of those "we're tired of sonic" reviews but by and large, I'm expecting 8s and even 9's for this game and given the positive press it's been getting, I don't think that's too unreasonable. 

Back to my main point though... hoping not to see spoilers but won't be devastated if I see a few. We're close enough at this point lol. 

1 minute ago, Gemster312 said:

How!?

No clue but I'm getting ready to make the spoiler thread.

16 minutes ago, Zippo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So uh

1502231412451m.jpg

yeah 

Hmm... I see, that's too bad.

Spoiler

Rip the music!!!! Rip the music and upload it!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been such a long time since I have placed a pre-order with Amazon. When do they usually steal your money? Like a day or two before shipping?

I can't wait to get my hands on my collector's edition, but the game even more so, so much in fact that I decided to just buy a digital copy while I'm waiting for the collector's edition to wing it's way to me.

42 minutes ago, Zippo said:

No clue but I'm getting ready to make the spoiler thread.

Did you somewhere sign up for a review key? How'd they even know your email?

Did the code work?