Awoo.

Sonic Mania is Approaching: What's Your Plan?

Zippo

I must resist now, for I have failed one too many times.
But when the 15th comes... well:

Spoiler

products-SAFETY%20PRODUCTS_A1_SKIN%20CARl_2170301.jpg

I'll be coming too.

Do we know if the Switch version is getting a midnight release? Just wondering since that is my preferred midnight console. Any news on this would be appreciated! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well everybody, 

It's than an hour away in my time zone and I just wanted to say how much of a treat it has been following the progress of this game with you all the past year and change. I wasn't sure what to expect from Sonic's 25th anniversary game but this sounds like the best case scenario and I am thrilled to see it for myself in less than an hour. As always it was great to read the speculation, the opinions and get the up to the second news on this game. I can remember those long months of barely any info on the game. I'd check in here to see if anything new was announced and 99% of the time, there was nothing but it was still fun to discuss with fellow Sonic fans our ideas for the game and our thoughts. 

I can still remember being this psyched for Sonic Unleashed (I know, right?) and checking in on here almost every day in the summer and fall of 2008 to read more about that game. Seems like ages ago and now here we are on the verge of another major release and I for one am stoked. Of course I'll continue to post here and keep up with Forces and future games but I'll admit, I'll kind of miss this. Tonight and tomorrow are the culmination of everything we've waited for since July of 2016. It comes to an end tonight but also a new beginning as we all get to play this wonderful game and hopefully rekindle our Sonic related childhoods in the process. 

Have a great time with the game everyone! I'll post my thoughts on it sometime tomorrow or the following day. 

By the mania, for the mania :) The time is nigh 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well since I still have two more weeks under my belt, I guess I have to find some way to extend my Sonic hype train until then.

Before the delay, I played through Sonic 1 and 2 on iOS and Sonic CD with Tails, the Sonic 3 half of Sonic 3 Complete, Sonic 4 episodes 1 and 2, Sonic's story in SA1, most of Generations 3DS, all of the modern levels in Generations HD and Unleashed Project, and Sonic Lost World with all S-ranks and red rings. Yesterday I got all of the chaos emeralds with Sonic in Sonic Advance 2 (not gonna bother with the rest of the characters, fuck True Area 53 anyway), and I messed around with Sonic Colors DS with the infinite boost option before getting bored with it. I might replay the Rush games and (ugh) Sonic Advance 3 in the meantime.