Wraith

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

From the name, I thought this was gonna be a red herring gag version by Webber. But... 

It sounds legit. Thought it would be in japanese, though. Still can't shake off the Power Rangers sound of the thing, though. 

4 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Still can't shake off the Power Rangers sound of the thing, though. 

Oooh this is what felt off. Yeah it sounds like something I would hear from a kids superhero show. 

I wonder if Crush 40 will do a cover of this. I mean they did a cover of Ungravitify so I can see it happening. 

Personally I don't like my Sonic lyrics too cheesy in a generically heroic way. This one isn't quite We Can bad (not that that's saying much considering that song is anathema to me, lol), but it ain't my cup of tea either. The singer is definitely not impressing me either. So all-around, mediocre. Instrumentals >>>>>> vocals.

First Thoughts:

The opening bit sounds awful because you have the vocals and guitar doing the same melody. It sounds like a fan made vocal cover.

The singer is pretty good, but he can't seem to decide if he wants to sound like cheap Johnny Gioeli or a generic rock singer.

The lyrics are a bit cheesy, but I'm fine with that since that's the way it's always been.

Overall, it's alright, but I'll probably listen to the instrumental version more than this.