Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

The version of Sonic Forces' main theme, Fist Bump, with lyrics has been released. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean...

It's not GOOD... But... Uh...

Hopefully we'll have a full instrumental?

• Thumbs Up 2

It wasn't what I was expecting but I still like it. It's so cheesy over the top and corny that's why I love it. I think the name is kinda lame tho

9 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

You know we're in the strangest timeline when Mario has better vocal themes than Sonic. Whew, lads. 

And on his first attempt too. 

• Thumbs Up 8

From the name, I thought this was gonna be a red herring gag version by Webber. But... 

It sounds legit. Thought it would be in japanese, though. Still can't shake off the Power Rangers sound of the thing, though. 

The vocal theme is done by the same guy who did this song btw

• Thumbs Up 1

It's alright. Unbelievably cheesy. The lyrics are kinda exactly like anime opening themes though. They just sound less cheesy since they're in Japanese.

I feel like it's the singer that doesn't make it really good. Other than that I like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Still can't shake off the Power Rangers sound of the thing, though. 

Oooh this is what felt off. Yeah it sounds like something I would hear from a kids superhero show. 

I wonder if Crush 40 will do a cover of this. I mean they did a cover of Ungravitify so I can see it happening. 

I can't. 

The vocals sound bad

The lyrics are waaaay too cheesy

The music itself is beautiful... Why we had to have vocals...

Nah, who am I kidding, is miles better than Reach for the Stars.

• Thumbs Up 5

Eh, it's not bad.

Personally, to me this is a huge step up from the last vocal theme we got, Reach for the Stars. It's definitely no Live & learn though.

If nothing else, it fits with the theme of the game, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 5

After the 3rd time listening, it really grew on me and I really loved it. It's kinda different from what I was expecting, but still pretty good. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

My god the singer sounds rubbish. The lyrics are meh...

The instrumental version sounds way better, lol.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hooba, that stank.

I thought the instrumental version was alright, but I'm not feeling the vocal version. Steps a bit too far over the line between cheese and cringe.

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

You know we're in the strangest timeline when Mario has better vocal themes than Sonic. Whew, lads. 

Mario only has one...

Personally I don't like my Sonic lyrics too cheesy in a generically heroic way. This one isn't quite We Can bad (not that that's saying much considering that song is anathema to me, lol), but it ain't my cup of tea either. The singer is definitely not impressing me either. So all-around, mediocre. Instrumentals >>>>>> vocals.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ve9Y3.gif

Is this game Sonic Adventure 3? At times I barely heard the guy over the music.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know how many times I've said this in regards to Forces, but everytime I think we've hit the bottom, they drag me further down. The instrumental was fine, why this?

• Thumbs Up 8

First Thoughts:

The opening bit sounds awful because you have the vocals and guitar doing the same melody. It sounds like a fan made vocal cover.

The singer is pretty good, but he can't seem to decide if he wants to sound like cheap Johnny Gioeli or a generic rock singer.

The lyrics are a bit cheesy, but I'm fine with that since that's the way it's always been.

Overall, it's alright, but I'll probably listen to the instrumental version more than this.