Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

You know what? I'll legit post my own lyrics.

Blue streak, speeds by, Sonic the hedgehog.

Too fast for the naked eye, Sonic the hedgehog!

Blue streak, speeds by, Sonic the hedgehog.

Too fast for the naked eye, Sonic the hedge-Hog!

Sonic, he can really move! Sonic, he's got an attitude!

Sonic, HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE!

"Instrumental"

Look out when he storms through don't doubt what he can do!

Nobody's faster than Sonic the hedgehog!

Look out when he storms through DON'T doubt what he can do!

Sonic the hedgehog he is the fastest thing

ALI-IVE!

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

Also, I can't believe people thought this was good.

"I can't believe people have different opinions on the internet"

Ugh

• Thumbs Up 4

This continues the annoying trend of shunting their homegrown talent (Crush 40) for other groups. Half of whom produce utter shit, as demonstrated here. 

I actually love the music in this theme music. I really do. It may be cheesy, but I find the singer's voice to be great. I will be looking forward to the full track when they release it when it comes out with the full game this holiday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget the lyrics and everything. I didn't even hear them or try to make them out- mainly because the quick switches in tone just annoyed me. The actual composition of this is just...bad. It's so fast and loud and bombastic without any distinctive melody or bridges that it almost sounds like a parody. Cheese and cringe is a hard line to walk and the fell into the fires of the latter side.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sounds like a fan cover, its really strange. I would almost prefer auto tuned.

The intrumental theme is still great, especially the orchestra renditions...

Good lord, these lyrics have about as much flow as an amatuer's first fandub of an anime opening. They destroyed a perfectly good main theme that had absolutely incredible instrumentals for something sounds like it was made by a 14 year old fan of SAO.

I've defended Forces for a lot of shit, but no, not this time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Its just so... goofy. It takes me back to playing Sonic Heroes and listening to all those cheesy character theme songs. Even now stuff like We Can puts a silly little smile on my face when I hear it even though I know the song is really cheesy and kind of glurgey (No, Knuckles by your side will not make this a safer ride. He throws you and your best friend at walls and enemies.). Its so amusing and lovable that I can't bring myself to hate it despite the flaws.

I mention my Heroes experience because that's kind of how I feel about Fist Bump's vocals. Its a silly cheesy little song that I happen to enjoy because its silliness and cheesiness make it incredibly lovable to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeesh. It's like they were trying to replicate what they did with Endless Possibilities (get the lead singer of an alternative-rock band, otherwise unassociated with Sonic, to provide vocals to the game's main theme) but it just reeks of more cheese than usual. It's a shame too, since I actually liked the instrumental version quite a bit.

Simply put, this is how I feel about it right now:

*sigh* Oh well, maybe a full instrumental version will be included on the soundtrack.

5 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

And everyone thought this game would be on the same tonal level as '06.

No, only a couple of people who think an area on fire means Sonic 06 thought that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ya know, maybe it is the composition of the song. I feel like if it was better executed, I'd be down with it. As it is though, it just feels....disjointed. 

5 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

You know we're in the strangest timeline when Mario has better vocal themes than Sonic. Whew, lads. 

Its hilariously ironic lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's just more proof that Mario Odyssey is the Sonic Adventure 3 we've been waiting for all along.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

It's just more proof that Mario Odyssey is the Sonic Adventure 3 we've been waiting for all along.

Mario does what Sonic can't.

3 hours ago, Sgt Jack V said:

FTFY

This isn't 4chan, can you not please.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

No, only a couple of people who think an area on fire means Sonic 06 thought that.

The Sonic 2017 topic was 90% "Oh god this game's gonna be edge city" before the SXSW panel, remember?

Just now, Cyrus said:

The Sonic 2017 topic was 90% "Oh god this game's gonna be edge city" before the SXSW panel, remember?

I don't particularly remember any specific Sonic 06 comparisons, no, outside of a few people, and that was fought against to some degree because, well, most people don't equate fire with the totality of a single bad yet irrelevant game.

Not directly 06 of course but people were saying it was in that same ballpark the games were in during that era

39 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I don't particularly remember any specific Sonic 06 comparisons, no, outside of a few people, and that was fought against to some degree because, well, most people don't equate fire with the totality of a single bad yet irrelevant game.

I recall mentioning that a CGi trailer of fire alone does not necessarily mean the game is dark and edgy (pointing out that Gens had Crisis City and it wasn't particularly dark or edgy), only to get rebuffed by some oldbies for assuming that a trailer would indicate nothing about the final product. I am off on a hunt to find the conversation, will edit a link in when it is found.

EDIT: Can't find the link. The conversation was quite ugly and embarrassing for almost everybody involved, so there's the chance that the posts relating to it were deleted so that everybody could forget about it and moved on. Or I'm just misremembering.

Of course, in hindsight, I should have brought up Sonic Heroes having a surreal horror themed haunted house and Colors's plot revolving around a horrific form of brainwashing and enslavement that you get to see up close and personal in Asteroid Coaster, yet neither of those games have a dark tone overall and feature mostly chipper, cheesy themes.

"Eh, it's okay."

Literally everybody's reaction about anything Sonic Forces related, and mine too.

• Thumbs Up 1