Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

"Eh, it's okay."

Literally everybody's reaction about anything Sonic Forces related, and mine too.

Have you read any of this thread at all?

Anyway, just the fact that the song is called "Fist Bump" makes me wonder if they're deliberately trying to out-cheese the Adventure games.

Also, why the lead singer of Hoobastank, of all people?

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

Have you read any of this thread at all?

Anyway, just the fact that the song is called "Fist Bump" makes me wonder if they're deliberately trying to out-cheese the Adventure games.

Also, why the lead singer of Hoobastank, of all people?

Yeah, I think it's trying to be dumb. Whether this is a misunderstanding of the Adventures or a malicious swipe at their fans is unknown to me, though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It sounds like it really wants to be a Sonic from an edgy Sonic game.

I didn't like the Forces instrumental from the beginning. The vocals don't help.

Its really too bad. A lot of people were sure Forces would be a disaster from the first footage last July but I thought most would warm to it once we saw proper footage and it turned out not to be 06 all over again. Now I feel like I was the one who was wrong.

I really hope we see some footage soon from a Modern Sonic stage other than City Heights. Maybe there's still something in this package worth looking forward to, but this theme isn't it

• Thumbs Up 3

The notion that Fist Bump is cheesier than any of the past themes is silly. All of them have been giant mozzarella balls of cheese, including the Adventure game vocal tracks. What you think of the song otherwise is entirely up to you, but it would be more of a shocker if the track wasn't cheesy.

@Spooky Mulder I disagree that Forces is setting itself up to be another disaster of Sonic '06 proportions in either gameplay or reception and infamy. Reception for the game is so tepid though, and mixed in the sense that every possible opinion is being had. It's not like there's even much of a general consensus to garner.  This game is for everyone and no one. What a mess. 

• Thumbs Up 5

21 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

So now we're entertaining the possibility that Sega is deliberately taking things out on Adventure fans over a single shitty song.

#SonicFans.

Reminds me of when people assumed Gameloft was making fun of Adventure fans by calling it Runners Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

This song has nothing on those though. The lyrics are the least of it's problems

Agreed. Take out the singing (it doesn't matter what the lyrics are; the singing in itself is annoying regardless of the words) and the actual production is just a clusterfuck of fast-paced, excessively generic guitar chords with no memorable melodies. The lyrics only compound the problem.

• Thumbs Up 4

Some people just like it without lyrics, that seems to be 1 of 3 stances of opinion on this music piece,

As someone who thought the GHZ music for classic Sonic was atrocious and wasn't a fan of the Custom Hero Park Avenue...

....I actually liked it. I dunno, Forces actually surprised me positively for once.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Personally, I prefer this version.

brb, need to find my sides

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

@Spooky Mulder I disagree that Forces is setting itself up to be another disaster of Sonic '06 proportions in either gameplay or reception and infamy. Reception for the game is so tepid though, and mixed in the sense that every possible opinion is being had. It's not like there's even much of a general consensus to garner.  This game is for everyone and no one. What a mess. 

Oh I still don't think it'll be nearly as bad or as infamous as 06 either. 06 is comically broken with a LOL-worthy plot taking itself very seriously.

The real problem is that Forces seems utterly forgettable (whereas 06 is memorable for all the wrong reasons).

• Thumbs Up 3

There's already half hour extensions out there of the theme, and considering I've been listening to one for the last half hour, it is starting wear down on me. It does feel as though some of the vocals try to fit themselves into the melody so much that they either feel extended more than necessary or squeeze themselves into the ends, like on 'Someone to push me to victory'.

But hey, I'm still fine with it.

Just noticed the lyrics are just Sonic talking to you, the player.

This game can cheese off.

• Thumbs Up 9

And in case anyone wanted said lyrics

Spoiler

"I can't do this alone, Even though I am strong.
Need something more than me, Someone to push me to victory.

Let's see what we can do, Together me and you.
Can't be afraid to try, Kiss your fears goodbye.

No looking back, You and I we're on the attack.
Full speed ahead, Running to the sunset.
Such a different feeling, Both of us believing,
We can make it better!

Together we can show the world what we can do, You are next to me and I'm next to you!
Pushing on through until the battle's won.
No one's gonna give nothing to us, And in each other we put our trust.
Standing united, After the fight.

All alone, We will never be.
The two of us, Are holding the key.
We see today, A world we couldn't see.
Before I say goodbye to you, One more last fistbump!"

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Just noticed the lyrics are just Sonic talking to you, the player.

This game can cheese off.

I thought it was Sonic talking to Sonic. Or if it's supposed to be the custom hero, then yeah, it's talking to you. Heck, it's could even be you talking to Sonic. 

It's dumb. 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Agreed. Take out the singing (it doesn't matter what the lyrics are; the singing in itself is annoying regardless of the words) and the actual production is just a clusterfuck of fast-paced, excessively generic guitar chords with no memorable melodies. The lyrics only compound the problem.

Cant say I agree, I had absolutley no problem with the original instrumentals and in fact the extra bit we heard in this sound pretty good to, if this song was just instrumentals id dig it, ceartainly leave me more of a impression on me then something like wonder world that while composition wise is sound, left no impression on me

Just now, Soniman said:

Cant say I agree, I had absolutley no problem with the original instrumentals and in fact the extra bit we heard in this sound pretty good to, if this song was just instrumentals id dig it, ceartainly leave me more of a impression on me then something like wonder world that while composition wise is sound, left no impression on me

I thought the original instrumental was forgettable. I literally don't remember a single thing about it. It worked in service of "We need a rock theme song because that's what Sonic games do," but it doesn't stand anywhere near pretty much every rock ballad we had before. Even Knight of the Wind at least has a distinct opener with the Medieval-esque strings.

Fist Bump is just noise. That's all this game is. Noise.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

That was the worst sonic vocal theme I ever heard. Sounded like a fan made it.

That's funny because some fan made vocals (Emi Jones comes to mind), are actually better than this.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

That's funny because some fan made vocals (Emi Jones comes to mind), are actually better than this.

Yeah her rendition is really good

• Thumbs Up 4

...Wha? Now we are going to say that the composition that sucks? Nononono. No.

The instrumental is awesome, it got stuck in my head for a long time... I... Respecfully disagree. 

I love the instrumentals, it just changes the tone a lot, which I like... In my opinion it has more soul into it more than everything after BK. (Not counting stages music)

Reach for the Stars is annoying and Wonder World is the most forgettable main theme ever.

• Thumbs Up 8

What do you mean "now?" I never cared for this damned song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually like the vocals. Sure, they kind of grated on me at first, but now I'm used to 'em.

8 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

What do you mean "now?" I never cared for this damned song.

I'm just joking I know you didn't like it before :P

• Thumbs Up 1