Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

The whole talking to the player angle... should have saw that one coming actually. Never crossed my mind till I was halfway through the song.

We all knew it was going to be cheesy, but I feel like it held back the brunt of that front to avoid the fate of other songs (We Can, Reach for the Stars). Its certainly lacks the flair and style of Open your Heart and Live and Learn, and even Endless Possibilities for that manner, but I think Fist Bump gets along well enough. Its biggest crime is that they paced the lyrics too fast. He spends the whole song in a non-stop splurge. It would have probably benefited from a slower vocal pace, with less words.  There is nowhere to gear up or catch your breath.

Still, I like it. I'll probably like it more as it settles into my brain.

• Thumbs Up 6

I like the instrumental version still. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it in some way.

Although, it is worth noting that even that took me warming up to it a bit. The parts of the Forces theme that I always liked were the very beginning and the very ending. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly hope for an instrumental of the part that wasn't in the instrumental that was originally uploaded.

I'm mixed on the vocal theme like wow.

Was he trying to sneeze when he said "together"?

Ykw, the only part I liked about this was the last part honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, it was ok to me. Didn't bother me all that much.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I might as well give my two cents on this song as well.

It's alright, not good, not bad. Just okay at most. Not a fan of the Hoobastank guy though. Don't know why he was chosen out of all people.

The vocals put into this song is like trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. They shouldn't be here because the background music simply doesn't go with them all that well since it changes tempo so much, and the voice can't keep up without the entire thing coming off as just...unnatural.

It sounded aight. In all honesty it sounded like lyrics to an anime song, but probably a Shonen (Jump) anime song if I'm being honest. Maybe that's why I don't feel so negative towards the lyrics themselves. I will admit that the final line about one last fist bump just...no. That wasn't needed.

Now, that vocalist. Wow. He ranged from sounding decent at some points to outright making me go "Yikes" at specific points, and I could barely even hear what the heck he was saying because of how loud the music itself is. 

• Thumbs Up 5

It's alright. My only nitpick is that the instrumental is playing the same part as the vocals are and it's kind of jarring.

This is the most disapointing reveal ever...all that wait...for this?

Honestly maybe those rumors that it would be a japaneese woman singing this in japaneese gave me a bit of hope...but still! THIS is what your gonna show off!?

To add salt to the wound this isn't even the final version...why do they do this? Why do they keep showing us unfinished versions of the same bloody song and not improve on it much? That added instrumentation was barely worth it, why does the song STILL sound like a mishmash of randomness and isn't even improved at all!

realises what game I'm talking about

Oh wait...

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason, I can't see this version being in the final game. I don't know why, there is a way it sounds that just doesn't feel it's complete.

• Thumbs Up 4

Thought I'd just say my thoughts on it.

I dislike it. The whole soundtrack feels off to me. I can't stop cringing at some of the lyrics being shoved into these songs either, it's just "We Can" all over again.

As a long time fan of Hoobastank, I'm pretty excited to have Doug as a part of Sonic Forces, and hope he continues to do more songs in future games, maybe even get the rest of the band involved.

Hoobastank is an awesome band, and are grossly underrated, I'm still amazed and glad that they're still together, still making music and touring.

Though judging by everyones comments, I can see that I'm in the minority.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's starting to grow on me honestly. Quite a bit, in fact. Although I have two things that I think would make the song better.

-Take out the guitar that follows the same tune as the lyrics. The new part sounds better because it doesn't have that whole thing going on.

-Change "one more last fist bump" to "one final fist bump". You can drag out the word "final" to match the tune. It's just, one more final sounds dumb.

Other than that, yeah. Can't say I wouldn't prefer Crush 40 though.

• Thumbs Up 3

The theme of this game really should be "what could possibly go wrong?"

Just add that statement after every feature of the game and it'll work.

Vocal themes returning? "what could possibly go wrong!"

More villains? "what could possibly go wrong!"

Third gameplay style? "what could possibly go wrong!"

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

The theme of this game really should be "what could possibly go wrong?"

Just add that statement after every feature of the game and it'll work.

Vocal themes returning? "what could possibly go wrong!"

More villains? "what could possibly go wrong!"

Third gameplay style? "what could possibly go wrong!"

Objection, the more villains feature still didn't fail.

Damn All this hate. I like it, but I'm probably biased because I'm a fan of his band. It's okay though, I'm used to others not liking things that I like.

I personally still think the worst Sonic music came from Cash Cash. I can't stand "Reach For The Stars". Yet just about everyone loves it.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the record, when I was 17 years old, I had a fancharacter, and I allotted him a Hoobastank song as his theme music.

I hate this entire concept so much.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Why is there a Deadly Six. 

Why is there a Mephiles reject.

8 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

For the record, when I was 17 years old, I had a fancharacter, and I allotted him a Hoobastank song as his theme music.

I hate this entire concept so much.

Why is there a Deadly Six. 

Why is there a Mephiles reject.

...are you hiding us something? Are you the one who wrote the letters to Iizuka? Tell us more, we will uncover the rest of the game.

... Touché. A least is the less terrible of all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

If by "didn't fail" you mean "is literally fanfic" then I agree 

Just now, ShroomZed said:

If by "didn't fail" you mean "is literally fanfic" then I agree 

Fanfics can be good you know.

...Is pretty rare though

• Thumbs Up 1