Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

2 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

I'm not referring to specific games, but I'm just pointing out that a large minority of Sonic fans are extremely ungrateful and just don't know what they want, because they bash every Sonic game for every little thing that they can find, which annoys me greatly. It's been like this since Unleashed started development - and it's getting rather old now. I'm not solely pointing the finger at these forums - but on other places throughout the internet. I've read plenty of "first impressions" reviews of Forces as it was seen at E3, and the majority of them, save NintendoLife, were quite positive. Meanwhile, from a sizeable portion of our community, the E3 demo of Forces was met with hisses and derision. When IGN, which have gone on record as saying "Sonic was never good" is more positive about Forces than some members of our own community are, then we've got a problem on our hands. 

It's July. If Forces is meant to come out in the holiday season of 2017 (probably in December), it is unlikely that they have completed the song, like most of the other Sonic Forces music, and I suspect Sega will improve the song before the games come out. Remember, the YouTube video says that it is a "sample" and it is unlikely they have finished the song. 

Grateful for what? SEGA makes games and we (potentially) buy them. That's all we owe them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Johnny Gioeli can't save a poor background melody. 

3 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

a large minority

lol what

• Thumbs Up 5

I last night I decided to play the theme song over the Kingdom Battle trailer and.....it actually works......

Its interesting that this is the only place that pretty much outright hates the song. But it seems to have been recieved fairly well on other social media platforms, and its a pretty mixed reception on Reddit.

I think everyone should relax, it's only a sample. I love Crush 40, and wish they were still the go to guys for Sonic music. But aside from a few covers, they haven't contributed heavily to a Sonic game since Black Knight. For me Black Knight, is a great example. When the sample versions of the music for that game came out, I didn't really like them. I thought the vocals sounded awkard and clunky, while sounding like they were pasted over exsisting music. But when the game came out and we got to listen to the full versions, I thought they were awesome and that Crush 40 was back. The same thing could happen with Fist Bump.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like its a bit harsh to say you can't please the whole fanbase (ignoring the fact that this is this is a thing with every fanbase under the sun), I mean people aren't robots, we can't just like things that we don't like or dislike things that we do like, that's not how human emotion works and in a series where:

1. We've had a variety of different playstyles, lots of which you would never have guessed would be put under this series' name.

2. Music styles between all the games have constantly been changing so it really is dependent on your musical taste on whether you like a particular track/s or not.

There really isn't much of a middle ground here because this fanbase is composed of lots of different people for a long time, no matter how many games this series pumps out you will always have a divide or vocal minorities of the fanbase who don't like a certain direction (even if we did get the "perfect" 3D sonic game that some people long for) and that's simply because of just how much this series keeps changing with no real distinctive identity of its own, its just like how almost nobody can agree on which final fantasy game is the best/worst and why not everyone likes LoZ:BotW or how not everyone is completely down on Mario odyssey (crazy people these ones), its because with change you're always going to be displeasing people no matter what and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Its good if you like the game, in fact its probably better than being so negative with it like the rest of us are being but there are good reasons why this game (and the song) aren't necessarily held in high regard around here which have all been stated multiple times so its not like we're hating on it just to hate on it and be pedantic (I do quite like fist bump myself though).

• Thumbs Up 8

Lots more information about Sonic Forces and Mania at SDCC 2017 and more in the latest Sonic Stream on Youtube.

6 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

but I'm just pointing out that a large minority of Sonic fans are extremely pessimistic and just don't know what they want,

Oh screw off...being pessimistic doesn't mean you don't know what you want. Do you really think that we're hating on sonic for literately no reason? Do you think we would even be fans in the first place if we put all this mental energy to taking the piss at Sega?

(also what the heck is a "large minority"?!)

We have standards, we want things to get better. We aren't pulling negativity from our asses, these are real feelings we have and we're not afraid to share them! I honestly don't see why any of this bothers you! :/

• Thumbs Up 5

Alright guys I think he's got the message by now after a page and a half of this. :V People voicing their criticism isn't inherently a bad thing and whining about how "unpleasable" the fanbase is doesn't help, etc. I agree completely, but we all know this is just going to go in circles so yeah, I'm asking you all to move on.

6 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Sonic 4 went for a Genesis trilogy sound and failed.

Forces is going for a CD/R hybrid and is failing.

Eh, this is the first track I haven't really liked since the new Classic Green Hill (and even then I don't hate it as much as that). I think the soundtrack's pretty strong so far otherwise. I'm especially into the avatar's stage themes, they're cheesy but in a genuinely fun way. The main theme should've been like that

• Thumbs Up 8

Which theme song do you like most folks?

Sonic Forces them or Sonic Mania's theme?

If it weren't for the vocals it would at least be equal for me.

I like both themes but the instrumental version of sonic forces theme.

it's..okay? it's not bad, but it's not good either. very disappointed that crush 40 isn't doing vocals. oh well. to be honest i prefer the instrumental for sure. but eh. i still am /very/ excited for sonic forces though, especially the character customization. i just hope i can get the switch so i can play the game.

17 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Which theme song do you like most folks?

Sonic Forces them or Sonic Mania's theme?

If it weren't for the vocals it would at least be equal for me.

Mania by a long shot!

I mean...Forces is more ambitious I suppose but...I don't think a song trying to sound poppy makes it any better so yeah.

I don't think it's outright bad but it really sounds fanmade-ish. Like it needs more chorus, autotune or whatever voice effects and stuff (I'm no music expert lol). I hope that's what they meant by sample, because I can't see the song being on the game's intro.

I dig it. It's not Crush 40, but it's much better than Endless Possibilities and Reach For The Stars. Ohtani with the guitar immediately means I'm going to enjoy the crap out of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

i thought the vocals were fan made when i first heard it honestly. i think the singer sounds flat at times, but overall, i don't think it's bad.

aside from the vocals, i like this theme song. hopefully we get a full instrumental soon 

Hmm I wouldn't say a "classy" song like Mario would be met with open arms for a Sonic theme. Different expectations and themes after all.

The current iteration seems pretty raw. I don't mind that much the melody; in fact I find it quite catchy. It might be a little late at this stage, but if a change in some of the instruments and some voice adjustments can be done, I can see myself appreciating this song a good bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

This feels like a bit of a blogpost but damn my opinions of this song 180'd hard. I like it a lot now, aside from the opening lines, I feel like it has that sincere cheesiness that makes other vocal Sonic songs so enjoyable. I still prefer the instrumental version, but all things considered I like this version just fine as well.

Have we discussed the music for the Green Hill Custom Hero level yet? I don't necessarily recall doing so.

Here is a video where you can get a good listen to it.

Personally, it's....eh. The melody doesn't really stand out much, and in terms of instrumentation, it sounds very similar to the music in the Custom Hero Park Avenue level. Can't help but wonder if all of Custom Hero's music will all blend into each other in terms of sound.

What stands out to me about that track is that I can't hear Green Hill Zone in it at all.  Perhaps I just don't have an ear for it, but it feels like a track which could have been composed for any level.

World map music= Okay

GHZ music= a bit upbeat but I'll need to hear it on its own again.

Quick step chase music is great.

The result screen music is really good. Especially the second part.