Wraith

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

On 7/10/2017 at 7:27 AM, FlameStream said:

Hmm I wouldn't say a "classy" song like Mario would be met with open arms for a Sonic theme. Different expectations and themes after all.

If this was directed at me, it's more over the song that shows up in Odyssey fits naturally for what it was made for and pulls it off nonchalantly; its almost in a happy-surprise kinda matter. The theme song to Forces is horribly forced and tacked on as if outdated PR people pieced it together in attempt to capture "cool" but it couldn't be anything more cringy.

I guess what I'm getting at is yes, Sonic doesn't need a "classy" song but it does need a "tasteful" song. The Sonic Mania trailer musics for example aren't "Genesis" music but capture the feeling and attitude of its product for a current market. IDK, I'd just wish a little more research went into Modern Sonic musically as he's presented as a "cool" character no matter how the ages go by. However he's still plagued with early 2000s rock that's not even scratching mediocrity?

Anyway I give up. The Avatar GHZ is catchy and fun, but if you sat me down and told me to guess what this song goes to and/or what a custom hero bgm for ghz would sound like, I wouldn't guess these go together lawl. Also how it goes from that to the end-results is yikes and mismatched; where as the stage theme was VERY high energy with that drum and then suddenly I get some lowly toots of an underwhelming orchestra that I have to squint an eye and bring my ear closer to the screen to hear at the same volume. If your gonna have a fanfare it should be more explosive than whatever became before it.

Sorry for being grumpy

So I was listening to this just now, and i noticed that if you take out the main guitar who tries to match the guy singing,  it makes the song a bajillion times better. Except for the obvious cheesy lyrics.

1 hour ago, Terriful said:

So I was listening to this just now, and i noticed that if you take out the main guitar who tries to match the guy singing,  it makes the song a bajillion times better. Except for the obvious cheesy lyrics.

Is here a version without the guitar somewhere?

On 7/10/2017 at 9:27 AM, FlameStream said:

Hmm I wouldn't say a "classy" song like Mario would be met with open arms for a Sonic theme. Different expectations and themes after all.

I imagine this isn't what you meant but I can't help but amuse myself by interpreting it as "Sonic fans don't deserve nice things".  

Mediocre. Not necessarily because of how cheesy it is, frankly most Sonic songs are pretty damn cheesy. The main problem is that it ain't catchy. The chorus is too complicated. Its too busy.