Awoo.

The State of Sonic The Hedgehog 4

OkamiODonnell

I  made my points on the matter clear in the thread about Cybershell's Sonic Mania is the REAL Sonic 4 video but I guess I'll just reiterate them here, this topic seems more appropriate for it anyway.

Sonic 4 is over and done with. It's a nearly 7 year old game that got branded as the followup to Sonic 3 merely to sell more than it otherwise would. Not that its an awful game by any means, and those that think its still a fun platformer are welcome to do so, but to me its just a disappointing and mediocre game that had the gall to call itself the successor to one of if not the greatest platformers of all time. Everything there is to say on it has been said, and to me its reached the point where much like Sonic '06 I'm just sick and tired of hearing about it. The best thing for it and its sequel is to just fade into obscurity. Sonic Mania is definitely the standard to which future 2-D titles will be held to and Sonic 4 was just a bump in the road.

• Thumbs Up 1