Awoo.

Sonic Mania - The Unofficially Official Vocal Theme

Chris Knopps

Now this here is a great combination. It might be fan made, but the voice and track are very harmonious with one another, and while the lyrics have that cheesy touch you'd expect from a Sonic track, it's still something you could easily find yourself remembering something like this in the coming years.

The lyrics give you a nostalgic sensation and talk about yesterday, about what you've missed and what's returning. It really sounds like something meant to BE Sonic instead of TRYING to be Sonic, which is something I feel Forces is trying to do. It's trying to copy the likes of CD and R without really being what they were. It's telling you to remember something from the past without having any passion behind the attempt, it's just a generic pandering sensation that lacks the spirit of the original compositions and lyrics.

But this, it's just harmonious deliciousness, and I love this creation from start to finish which once again proves when it comes to passion and detail, you just can't best the Sonic fan base. A+ for effort on this thing of beauty.

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

It really sounds like something meant to BE Sonic instead of TRYING to be Sonic, which is something I feel Forces is trying to do. It's trying to copy the likes of CD and R without really being what they were. It's telling you to remember something from the past without having any passion behind the attempt, it's just a generic pandering sensation that lacks the spirit of the original compositions and lyrics.

Did you really have to spoil the song and thread with a paragraph reiterating what you already said regarding your latest personal vent of contempt on that game?

Since this song doesn't really have that much to do with "Fist Bump".

Sadly kind of a waste to make a thread  centered around such a great song just for that. :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Did you really have to spoil the song and thread with a paragraph reiterating what you already said regarding your latest personal vent of contempt on that game?

Since this song doesn't really have that much to do with "Fist Bump".

Sadly kind of a waste to make a thread  centered around such a great song just for that. :unsure:

When something anyone finds better comes around compared to another product it makes sense to compare it and give reasoning as to why someone finds one thing better than another. It's completely justifiable and reasonable given how this threads original post was made/worded. I'm not blindly raging about how something sucks but rather detailing the difference between shallow pandering and dedicated passion.

I simply find this track having the later whereas Forces thus far has only the former. Now if there was some kind of insulting going on or just blind raging for the sake of raging, then I'd understand your post, but please try to see it from that perspective instead of likely thinking "here he goes again" when you read my critique.

To be honest I think I like this even less than Fist Bump.

The lyrics might be a bit better but I feel like the singing fits the music less. I'd much rather just listen to the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

To be honest I think I like this even less than Fist Bump.

The lyrics might be a bit better but I feel like the singing fits the music less. I'd much rather just listen to the original.

Not perfect no and again I mentioned it's indeed cheesy but if I had to choose whether to listen to this looped or the Forces vocal theme I'd race toward this.

Now if I had to listen to this vocal theme or Forces via the instrumental version of the theme... Admittedly it'd be a hard choice. My main critique lies in the vocals compared between the two themes. I don't mind the instrumentals of either themes at heart.

I'll pass, I'll stick to the instrumental. Not a fan of the vocals. song doesn't need them, its awesome on its own. Can appreciate the effort put into it though.

I like the lyrics, clever wordplay that fits nicely with a sonic theme, and Mania as a game. But the actual vocals and style the song goes for aren't exactly my style. He's not a bad singer at all, just not a fan of the style and approach. Something in the vein of Endless possibilities is what I'm still waiting for regarding a Sonic theme personally.

I'm more of a fan of the video than anything else, it goes nicely with the song...I can't imagine myself listening to the song by itself though! :/

On 7/9/2017 at 7:51 PM, Chris Knopps said:

but please try to see it from that perspective instead of likely thinking "here he goes again" when you read my critique.

I try, but the actual content and method upon which it's used just keeps contradicting that statement. That and stunts like the latest thread (your "Boss fights" one) to pop up. They all just come off a s cheap shots.

Especially considering how opinion heavy they are, centered around just the one opinion. You're better off keeping it to the more relevant threads instead of just trying to make ones saying, "Hey isn't this so much better than what X-involved with Forces is doing", lather rinse and repeat, which is the M.O. I find you to be stuck with.

And it certainly isn't the first time you've tried to make an unnecessary contest out of things either.

46 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

I try, but the actual content and method upon which it's used just keeps contradicting that statement. That and stunts like the latest thread (your "Boss fights" one) to pop up. They all just come off a s cheap shots.

Especially considering how opinion heavy they are, centered around just the one opinion. You're better off keeping it to the more relevant threads instead of just trying to make ones saying, "Hey isn't this so much better than what X-involved with Forces is doing", lather rinse and repeat, which is the M.O. I find you to be stuck with.

And it certainly isn't the first time you've tried to make an unnecessary contest out of things either.

Being honest there's very little wrong with sharing thoughts on content you find better than something else. If there are comparisons that can be made and opinions that can be shared be it for or against something, it's only natural to want to put things together and type out how you feel in the manner you want to express.

If you have an issue with that of course you're more than welcome to state your issues but at the same time you can also simply ignore folks stances on things. It's all well and good to feel either for or against things, but the necessity to make it a point to take time to call out what others want to share as "unnecessary" is in itself unnecessary to me.

I'm far from the first to share issues with the content at hand and I'll be far from the last. We all do it in our in ways and move on in our own ways, we cope in our own ways and insist on better in our own ways. Nobody will ever agree with every manner in which another person does things, but the need to tell others how to express their thoughts is unneeded.

My posts might come off to you as "cheap shots" but they are fair and justified criticisms nonetheless, fair and justified comparisons that do not force anyone to agree with them, but simply offer something different to think about, and perhaps for some find new reason to enjoy something otherwise potentially ignored.

In my own way, as-in the topic I made you mentioned, it's a way of garnering potential attention and support for Forces, to you a "cheap shot" that could offer a means of appeasement and interest for someone else that otherwise had little interest in the game.

Not everything is about saying "screw you" but is instead a means of saying "you can do better" and that is not a cheap shot in the least.