Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Behind the Scenes --- Comic Con Panel

Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Mania: Behind the Scenes

Saturday July 22, 2017 7:30pm - 8:30pm Room 24ABC

Takashi Iizuka (head of Sonic team), Christian Whitehead (developer, Sonic Mania), Simon Thomley (programmer, Sonic Mania), Tom Fry (artist, Sonic Mania), and Tee Lopes (composer, Sonic Mania) discuss the road to development behind the upcoming Sonic Mania video game and share new insights about the game. Moderated by Aaron Webber (Sonic social media manager).

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/

No livestream... yet.

• Thumbs Up 5

Aaron already said that no livestream is allowed, unfortunately, but they are allowed to post footage one day or two after, and they are looking for options.

now, we wait...

Spoiler

i_m-waiting-t-shirt-teeturtle-sonic-the-

Awesome, that should be interesting to watch.

Not that I'm expecting anything at this point since we've had so much new footage and reveals given to us lately, but it would be kind of awesome to have one last reveal at this panel before launch. Presumably a re-imagined zone from Sonic 3, just to even things out, so that one zone from each classic game was shown to us before launch. Like I said though, I won't get my hopes up for this or anything. Just some wishful thinking. :P

So hyped for this. 

Ugh, this next week is going to go by like molasses. 

At least there's D23 this weekend...

49 minutes ago, Sonicfan287 said:

D23? What is that?? 

It's a Disney Related EXPO where Disney attends to announce new films and products including Kingdom Hearts in which they will be showing a new Trailer of KH3 featuring a new world i think.

4 hours ago, Sonicfan287 said:

D23? What is that?? 

A Giant Disney convention held in Anaheim. We should be getting our first looks at The Incredibles 2, Avengers Infnity War, and the second Last Jedi trailer, among others. 

Yeah, will be interesting to hear what they say about Mania's development history.

Hopefully they'll reveal another re-imagined zone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Hopefully they'll reveal another re-imagined zone. 

Actually it would be the perfect moment. I think we'll finally see the Sonic 3 zone :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I suspect this may be the point where they declare the game has gone gold (development complete). One final trailer before launch. 

• Thumbs Up 1