Awoo.

Sonic Forces, Mania and Sega at SDCC 2017

Blueknight V2.0

San Diego Comic-Con 2017 is back and now Sega is also returning to the event this year to show more of Sonic Forces and Mania. In the stream above are more details about Sega's participation. This year we will see both Sonic Forces and Mania playable at SDCC, maybe a cutscene from Forces, posters from E3 2017, more music from Forces and more. Pre-orders for Forces, according to the stream will be up soon as well as the release date, both should be revealed around Fall 2017. If this year is like last years we might also see a returning character trailer for the rest of Sonic Boom Season 2 or an announcement of a season 3, hopefully with better treatment than what CN is doing with the show. Anyways, this years SDCC sounds to be better than last year's. Maybe more info on the Sonic Movie, also maybe they will confirm the release date so we can quit guessing if that 2019 thing was a misprint or not. SDCC 2017 will start on July 19th and ends on July 23rd.

• Thumbs Up 9

Well then, color me hyped then! I look forward to more of Forces content!:)

While SDCC is huge, I'm not really why SEGA choose it instead of a regular gaming convention like Gamescom.

Isnt SDCC primarily focused on cartoons, movies, and well....comics?

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Well then, color me hyped then! I look forward to more of Forces content!:)

While SDCC is huge, I'm not really why SEGA choose it instead of a regular gaming convention like Gamescom.

Isnt SDCC primarily focused on cartoons, movies, and well....comics?

Well they tend to cover pretty much everything. Activision is at SDCC this year with Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty and Destiny. Universal is rumoured to return this year with a trailer of Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom). Sega also attended last year with Sonic Forces (Project Sonic 2017 at the time), Sonic Mania and Sonic Boom Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Well they tend to cover pretty much everything. Activision is at SDCC this year with Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty and Destiny. Universal is rumoured to return this year with a trailer of Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom). Sega also attended last year with Sonic Forces (Project Sonic 2017 at the time), Sonic Mania and Sonic Boom Season 2.

Wait Activision has Crash in SDCC? But N-Sane Trilogy has already released. What else could they have?
That supposed DLC for Crash 1?

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Venom Wisp said:

Wait Activision has Crash in SDCC? But N-Sane Trilogy has already released. What else could they have?

I think it is the history of Crash Bandicoot from the past 21 years. There is DLC for the N-Sane Trilogy, but when that releases I don't know. I'm just excited for Sonic Forces, possible Sonic Boom news or trailer and a trailer for Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic Park 5 or Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom whichever anybody wants to call it) at SDCC 2017.

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Sonic Boom Season 2 or an announcement of a season 3

I kind of hope Sonic BOOM ends with season 2 instead of the company continuing to use assets to keep producing a cartoon for a spin-off that has otherwise failed.

Even with the cartoon a success it didn't do anything for the handheld sequel Fire and Ice sales at all.

Even if people are watching the show, they're not buying the products, so it's hard to see it being very profitable and worth continuing despite what a "saving grace" it has been.

It would be nice to have exclusive focus on whatever happens after Forces and Mania with no further BOOM distractions a necessity for the company.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Venom Wisp said:

They have said there's going to be a surprise for Crash fans there. May be the DLC, may be a more thematically suitable product announced. 

If they announce an art book, I am so getting that along with the Sonic art book. 

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They have said there's going to be a surprise for Crash fans there. May be the DLC, may be a more thematically suitable product announced. 

If they announce an art book, I am so getting that along with the Sonic art book. 

M U L T I P L A T F O R M 

Derailing the topic aside, I hope we get more Forces zones. I'm tired of City Avenue and Dust Hill Zone tbh. Give me an ice level. Or a cave level, we never got a cave level in Modern Gameplay before. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I kind of hope Sonic BOOM ends with season 2 instead of the company continuing to use assets to keep producing a cartoon for a spin-off that has otherwise failed.

Even with the cartoon a success it didn't do anything for the handheld sequel Fire and Ice sales at all.

Even if people are watching the show, they're not buying the products, so it's hard to see it being very profitable and worth continuing despite what a "saving grace" it has been.

It would be nice to have exclusive focus on whatever happens after Forces and Mania with no further BOOM distractions a necessity for the company.

Sonic Boom is pretty good, I like it and I hope it gets a season 3 and more games, hopefully one like Rise of Lyric but multi-platform and better graphics and control mechanics. Actually, Sega never released the Sonic Boom Fire & Ice sales numbers, like how Sony never released the sales numbers for Ratchet & Clank PS4.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I don't know what kind of surprise they got in mind maybe more remastered Crash, a Crash TV Show (not Skylanders Academy version), or something else that I'm not thinking of. There are also rumors of a Spyro the Dragon remaster trilogy coming and when a code used to unlock a demo of Spyro the Dragon in Crash Warped PS1 is used on the Crash 3 screen of the N-Sane Trilogy, no demo appears instead the words New Game and Continue turn from white to orange. Here is a video discussing this.

4 hours ago, Venom Wisp said:

Or a cave level, we never got a cave level in Modern Gameplay before. 

Holaska WiiU had quite an extensive Ice Cave design to it...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Holaska WiiU had quite an extensive Ice Cave design to it...

Don't goddigglydangdoodly twist my words you know what I'm talking about with Modern gameplay. Full 4k 1080p 3D 60fps DX Modern boost gameplay of a Cave level like Mystic Cave or Lava Reef. We never got that before. Instead we got five city stages because why not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Venom Wisp said:

Don't goddigglydangdoodly twist my words you know what I'm talking about with Modern gameplay.

lol had to do it.

6 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm sorry, what

The WiiU is backwards compatible so it still works  :P

On 7/10/2017 at 11:47 AM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

San Diego Comic-Con 2017 is back and now Sega is also returning to the event this year to show more of Sonic Forces and Mania. In the stream above are more details about Sega's participation. This year we will see both Sonic Forces and Mania playable at SDCC, maybe a cutscene from Forces, posters from E3 2017, more music from Forces and more. Pre-orders for Forces, according to the stream will be up soon as well as the release date, both should be revealed around Fall 2017. If this year is like last years we might also see a returning character trailer for the rest of Sonic Boom Season 2 or an announcement of a season 3, hopefully with better treatment than what CN is doing with the show. Anyways, this years SDCC sounds to be better than last year's. Maybe more info on the Sonic Movie, also maybe they will confirm the release date so we can quit guessing if that 2019 thing was a misprint or not. SDCC 2017 will start on July 19th and ends on July 23rd.

Other possibilities

* News on the fate of the comic.

* BBFA3

* Mania 2/Expansion/DLC

I just heard that Sega is going to have a panel for Sonic Mania, but Not for Sonic Forces. However, both games are playable at SDCC 2017.

Hard to believe it's been a year since Mania was announced. I still remember that night fondly. What an emotional rollercoaster that stream was. I remember watching that Mania trailer for the very first time, seeing that beautiful title screen, being in shock, and just suddenly crying my fucking eyes out. The amount of joy I felt during that announcement was absolutely indescribable. 

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

Hard to believe it's been a year since Mania was announced. I still remember that night fondly. What an emotional rollercoaster that stream was. I remember watching that Mania trailer for the very first time, seeing that beautiful title screen, being in shock, and just suddenly crying my fucking eyes out. The amount of joy I felt during that announcement was absolutely indescribable. 

This. Mania is pretty much the reason why I kinda came back out of my crippling depression, it may Sound stupid but it really helped to distract me a lot..welp. 

• Thumbs Up 3

sonic mania is very, very promissing. with people like the taxman who are very passionate about sonic working on the game and the existing footage of the game, I am truly hyped. I feel like I can comfortably say that this will be the best game since the adventure titles. I expect it to sell relatively well at worst. I have preordered the game and I can't wait to play it.the dropdash is also a very cool feature. 

Edited by abfg616
grammatical error

6 hours ago, Zippo said:

I'm really curious to see where the franchise goes after Mania and Forces, especially after finding out Mania essentially determines the direction of the franchise going forward thanks to Iizuka's statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm really curious to see where the franchise goes after Mania and Forces, especially after finding out Mania essentially determines the direction of the franchise going forward thanks to Iizuka's statements.

If things go like they shape up right now then I am pretty sure that classic sonic games will be a permanent new branch. 

10 hours ago, Zippo said:

I remember watching that trailer waiting for the Sonic 3 remastered logo after watching Taxman and Stealth logos. Then Sonic Mania started showing and I was like "oh... hey wait. WAIT!!! AAAW YEAH!" XDD

10 hours ago, Zippo said:

I actually had a weird reaction during the reveal. I was happy that Mania happened, but I was also disappointed because I thought this was the only Sonic game that was being made. I mean, yeah, nowadays people would like it to be the only game for this year, but a year ago I wanted a 3D game, and getting only a 2D game made me a little bit sad. Then, after some time I understood that that's not what Sonic Team were doing, and that got hype train back on track for me.

Anyway, can't wait for the panel on Mania. 

I remember waking up after a few hours sleep and watching the trailer (didn't see the live-stream). I gave a smug smile of satisfaction after seeing Taxman's logo "friend to pixel and polys alike" (i'd suspected he was developing something for the 25th anniversary like a remake of Sonic 1), then being blown-away by how good Studiopolis looked. Dat SEGA popcorn machine! I loved the reveal that they are using a lighter-blue (turquoise) for Sonic's sprite as per the original intended design for Sonic 1. 

I've waited such a long time for a proper sequel to 3&K. It's been an amazing journey and I can't wait to play Mania!