Awoo.

Sonic Forces, Mania and Sega at SDCC 2017

Blueknight V2.0

23 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

It's been an amazing journey and I can't wait to play Mania!

Are you talking about from the reveal until now or that it has been an amazing journey throughout the franchise?

If it's the former, definitely if it's the later, I strongly disagree but support you nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

Are you talking about from the reveal until now or that it has been an amazing journey throughout the franchise?

If it's the former, definitely if it's the later, I strongly disagree but support you nonetheless.

I was talking about the journey since Mania's announcement on 22nd July last year :D

Image result for sonic mania title gif

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

I was talking about the journey since Mania's announcement on 22nd July last year :D

Image result for sonic mania title gif

Ah, then yeah. I'll raise a toast to that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really hoping there's a cutscene for Forces. Maybe we'll finally get an explanation to why Shadow is on the dark side (again).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

Really hoping there's a cutscene for Forces. Maybe we'll finally get an explanation to why Shadow is on the dark side (again).

Cause Infinity has the power to save Maria from her ultimate fate.

Spoiler

I don't know, but I'm confident the execution will be lame.

8 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Hide contents

I actually hadn't considered that. That's probably the best reason I can realistically think of outside of mind control (which would be extremely lazy) 

since this game likely involves some elements of time travel (allowing classic Sonic to coexist with modern) then it's possible that Infinity can travel back and forth through time and could tempt shadow with the possibility of altering his past. 

Sounds too creative to be a viable plot line though 

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Reveal hidden contents

Going to this theory (just for the sake of discussion) why would Shadow join forces with Eggman, if all he wants is make of Earth his own empire? Maria loved Earth! Wouldn't that contradict with her wish? And why would Shadow trust Infinite to save Maria? It could be a trap.

The only way that I see this working if Infinite ALREADY brought Maria back to life, and is locking her somewhere. So Shadow would get desperate to save her and would join Infinite and Eggman. Because the last thing that Shadow would want is fail to save his friend TWICE. No matter what Eggman does to the Earth. And all of this is way too far fetched.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Sonicfan287 said:

I actually hadn't considered that. That's probably the best reason I can realistically think of outside of mind control (which would be extremely lazy) 

since this game likely involves some elements of time travel (allowing classic Sonic to coexist with modern) then it's possible that Infinity can travel back and forth through time and could tempt shadow with the possibility of altering his past. 

Sounds too creative to be a viable plot line though 

Replace time travel with extra-dimensional shenanigans and you may be onto the right path. The Classic Sonic in forces is the result of cross dimensional travel, rather than time travel. So its likely that Infinite's powers are based on manipulating other dimensions. 

Its also worth noting that the Shadow we know has already more or less left himself behind, so he may no longer be swayed by threats against Maria. He's already accepted and moved on from her loss, but in doing so he did make two more friends who we haven't seen yet and make perfect targets.

Come to think of it, Rouge, and by extension Omega, were closely related to G.U.N. With Sonic out of the picture, they were likely the first line of defense against Eggman's assault and Rouge and Omega would have been ripe for the picking...

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Replace time travel with extra-dimensional shenanigans and you may be onto the right path. The Classic Sonic in forces is the result of cross dimensional travel, rather than time travel. So its likely that Infinite's powers are based on manipulating other dimensions. 

Its also worth noting that the Shadow we know has already more or less left himself behind, so he may no longer be swayed by threats against Maria. He's already accepted and moved on from her loss, but in doing so he did make two more friends who we haven't seen yet and make perfect targets.

Come to think of it, Rouge, and by extension Omega, were closely related to G.U.N. With Sonic out of the picture, they were likely the first line of defense against Eggman's assault and Rouge and Omega would have been ripe for the picking...

Oh, that actually makes more sense! So far we didn't seen Rouge and Omega yet, they could be captured. No time travel involved, just Shadow wanting to save his friends by.... Killing everyone else! MAKES SENSE. (Or maybe just Sonic)

20 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That's a good point. We also haven't actually seen or heard anything about Rouge nor Omega being in the game at all yet. Perhaps this'll be used to why Shadow is (supposedly) on Eggman's side right now?

I feel like Infinite's power is dimension-based, considering both the perturbed nature of reality present throughout the levels (e.g. Green Hill but as a desert) as well as the fact that the cubes which infinite summons in the E3 trailer bare a striking resemblance to hypercubes or tesseracts. Compare:

infinite-sonic-forces-screenshot.jpg

giphy.gif

Notice the inner cube or "core" surrounded by a larger cube. Hypercubes or Tesseracts are geometry in the 4th Spatial Dimension and beyond. Since Infinite is able to summon these it makes it seem like he's an extradimensional being or creature, and can manipulate and perhaps even destroy other dimensions. Again this could all be an artistic choice etc. but the structure of these projectiles seems very deliberate to me. If this is the case infinite could be one of the most powerful Sonic villains (next to Solaris) which also fits with Mr Nakamura Shun's tweet about Infinite:

Which leaves the question... how in the hell did Eggman come across this foe, and how are we going to defeat them?

• Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, HyperShadic said:

Which leaves the question... how in the hell did Eggman come across this foe,

With the crazy amount of universe devouring monsters that take residence in the Sonic universe, Dr. Eggman presumingly tripped over several homeless Gods of destructions on the way to the supermarket.

With all the Zeti, Ifrits and abondonned militairy projects the guy has run into, I wonder why he even bothers building robots and doesn't start a Monster daycare center instead. Don't bother with putting flickies into these badniks, just shove in a Dark Gaia monster or two. That'll do wonders.

2 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

By bouncing on top their head 12 to 16 times obviously. =p

Or turning into Super Sonic, staring confused at the screen and hoping Sonic Team bothered to genuinely design an actual boss battle instead of whatever the heck the random gibberish we got in Generations as final boss.

• Thumbs Up 4

If Shadow wanted to save Maria so bad he would have teamed up with Mephiles when he was offered. That guy could manipulate time, saving her would have been easy but no. Shadow didn't even think of that.

Also, Infinite is all about cubes right? Hmm...did they try and send us a hint with the 25th anniversary merchandising?

25thanversaryadvert1.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Infinite probably has manipulated other dimensions and sega is trying to make it seem like he's invading even our dimension but we're too slow to keep up with both Sonics so we have to create an avatar, in our image.

So in a way.... we're God's! Gods from another world and sonic is in need of our help on his world!

• Thumbs Up 1

A new live stream on the official Sonic Youtube Channel detailing SDCC 2017 starting later this week. More Sonic Forces news will be arriving later this week, according to Aaron Webber on Twitter and the live stream above.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, Balding Spider said:

Hide contents

Shadow could have done that through time travel via Chaos Control this entire time you know.

(Why has nobody taken that into account?)

As far as how Eggman came across and partnered with Infinite, my theory is still that it's a virus sort of being Eggman created by accident.

Again, refer to A.D.A.M. from the Archie series.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

Shadow could have done that through time travel via Chaos Control this entire time you know.

(Why has nobody taken that into account?)

Because I decided to put as much effort into that post as Graff has for the game's story.

Spoiler

I'm prepared eat crow if the story is good btw

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

So more Forces news with Mania news arriving on Saturday. Excellent.  

What makes you think Saturday is when we'll see it? I've only heard that we'll see the news later this week.

27 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Because I decided to put as much effort into that post as Graff has for the game's story.

Hide contents

I'm prepared eat crow if the story is good btw

If the story in Forces is good I'll vow never to return to SSMB with my craziness again.

(You CAN hold me to that)

Though considering the dialogue so far... Eh...

But then again, what with a story being good or not a matter of ones taste, it's a matter of which side of the fence has the majority crowd. We'll see what the critics and consumers have to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

What makes you think Saturday is when we'll see it? I've only heard that we'll see the news later this week.

I worded that poorly. I just meant that Forces will get it's turn soon, and then Mania will get it's blowout on Saturday. 

Man, I hope Sonic Team put some thought into what they are going to show us...

If they were smart, we'd catch some footage of some Modern Sonic level that highlights some decent 3D design. Maybe show off a little bit of the diversity within the character creator too.

Knowing who we are dealing with, we'll likely get some footage of an in-stage action sequence that doesn't alleviate any concerns, and probably a snippets of a Modern Sonic GHZ just for good measure. RAEG ensues.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Man, I hope Sonic Team put some thought into what they are going to show us...

Good joke.

They'll show Modern Dust Hill and Classic Park Avenue and go off dumping all 9 zones and 13 bosses from Sonic Mania. 

Because why show more (EDIT: NEW) stuff and zones of the game that divided your fanbase to ease the tension when you can just reveal everything from the game that will absolutely be a hit because everyone and their mother will buy an old-school 2D sprite-based Sonic game?

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

If the story in Forces is good I'll vow never to return to SSMB with my craziness again.

(You CAN hold me to that)

Though considering the dialogue so far... Eh...

But then again, what with a story being good or not a matter of ones taste, it's a matter of which side of the fence has the majority crowd. We'll see what the critics and consumers have to say.

Whelp,  that's another SSMB bet for me to keep track of. 

• Thumbs Up 2