Awoo.

Sonic Forces, Mania and Sega at SDCC 2017

Blueknight V2.0

42 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Whelp,  that's another SSMB bet for me to keep track of. 

It's not much of a bet. When you've got Chaos out of nowhere, Zavok out of nowhere, Shadow on the villains team again out of nowhere, an entirely new "Infinite" villain out of nowhere, on top of a "mystery" of how Eggman conquered the world, the plot of "Sonic mysteriously vanishing" as well as "Classic from another dimension not the past" you're got a plot that would need to be two or three times the length of Unleashed to properly explain.

Not to mention ALL the OTHER characters in the game that will need to be given enough screen time to be worth having in the game asides a few lines in a stage or two...

It's going to be a mess, not to mention when you factor in WHO'S DOING THE WRITING again despite universal/unanimous loathing of said writers from critics and consumers alike.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

If the story in Forces is good I'll vow never to return to SSMB with my craziness again.

(You CAN hold me to that)

Suddenly my hopes for Force's story just skyrocketed

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

Suddenly my hopes for Force's story just skyrocketed

Lets all hope you won't be disappointed my friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's not much of a bet.

Meh. I've gotten that from tougher bets who've still lost on and off these boards. 

It's fine if you think that way though. General consensus might find it good. 

Or maybe it'll end up like Lost World where while 

Now if we're basing it strictly off of how you might feel about it, I can see why it wouldn't be much of a bet though. 

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's going to be a mess, not to mention when you factor in WHO'S DOING THE WRITING again despite universal/unanimous loathing of said writers from critics and consumers alike.

Not sure,  but we did know who's merely localizing the script and tend to get the blame mis-placed on them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Now if we're basing it strictly off of how you might feel about it, I can see why it wouldn't be much of a bet though.

A bet isn't fun if it's that pointless, now is it?

I really think Forces with suffer a Lost World problem myself. Trying to do too much with too little time to explain things and give enough screen time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that we know the fate of the comics, I'm going to guess we'll see more Forces tomorrow as some sort of way to combat the negative press of it's cancellation.

"Yeah, the comics are cancelled, but HERE HAVE SOME FORCES INSTEAD!"

Not sure if that will do anything for anyone, but...

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Now that we know the fate of the comics, I'm going to guess we'll see more Forces tomorrow as some sort of way to combat the negative press of it's cancellation.

"Yeah, the comics are cancelled, but HERE HAVE SOME FORCES INSTEAD!"

Not sure if that will do anything for anyone, but...

I can hear the "NO! GO AWAY! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!" from the fans already... That or Forces gets overshadowed by news about the comics that comes out around the same time.

But yeah, am wondering what they'll announce about Forces. I'm hoping its a different level/boss, an announcement of how many levels are in the game, or a different wisp with the Custom Character than Lightning and Burst. But I'll take new story details too as well as a sneak peak at a song in the game. I just don't want it to be a rehash of what we already know about Forces.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Mad Convoy said:

I can hear the "NO! GO AWAY! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!" from the fans already... That or Forces gets overshadowed by news about the comics that comes out around the same time.

But yeah, am wondering what they'll announce about Forces. I'm hoping its a different level/boss, an announcement of how many levels are in the game, or a different wisp with the Custom Character than Lightning and Burst. But I'll take new story details too as well as a sneak peak at a song in the game. I just don't want it to be a rehash of what we already know about Forces.

The twist is they cancled the comics so they could make the Freedom Fighters DLC Skins for your custom character in Forces and then ignore their existance for years after and taunt fans about it like they do with Bark, Bean, Nack & Mighty. 

Or maybe they will reveal Sonic Forces is cancled too to give fans something new to be mad about. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I like your posts Chris Knoops. They are far out there and pretty absurd, but they sure beat 'should we go back to the Adventure formula' and 'Forces sucks' for the millionth fucking time.

I don't post here very often, but I do lurk fairly frequently.

20 minutes ago, BlueTidalGamer said:

*scratches head*

I both ironically and unironically am okay with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey now, that is pretty slick actually. I really like it. Not trying too hard. Gives off a great vibe.

Although, I think I am severely distracted by attempting to pick apart the lyrics to see what we can learn about Infinte. (alot of curious word choices) but I can get behind more themes like this. Bring em on.

EDIT: I am 1000% convinced he's a distortion of the Avatar Character

• Thumbs Up 1

Mania is the one shining light in the darkness that is the Sonic Franchise ATM.    Praying it leaves Forces in the dust!!

I personally expect it will do ecspecially well on The Switch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometime after the panel tomorrow, we'll be getting footage of whatever they announce. Guessing a new classic stage. 

Does anyone think someone will be using Periscope for the Mania Panel? While i can wait for the recording to be posted later then but i'd love to see it live.

8 or so hours until showtime. 

12 hours ago, Rummy said:

Does anyone think someone will be using Periscope for the Mania Panel? While i can wait for the recording to be posted later then but i'd love to see it live.

From what we know, doubtful. Last minute changes could happen though.

Any chance the concert tonight will be streamed? They did last year for the Sonic anniversary event.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:24 AM, Chris Knopps said:

It's not much of a bet. When you've got Chaos out of nowhere, Zavok out of nowhere, Shadow on the villains team again out of nowhere, an entirely new "Infinite" villain out of nowhere, on top of a "mystery" of how Eggman conquered the world, the plot of "Sonic mysteriously vanishing" as well as "Classic from another dimension not the past" you're got a plot that would need to be two or three times the length of Unleashed to properly explain.

None of that is complicated. The past villains are here because [insert something Infinite does]. Eggman [insert action] Infinite and Infinite [insert action] to help him take over the world, directly/indirectly resulting in Classic Sonic from [insert period] arriving in the present.

This all could be handled in the big climax twist, probably even earlier if Infinite is a player from the start.

Not to mention ALL the OTHER characters in the game that will need to be given enough screen time to be worth having in the game asides a few lines in a stage or two...

Again, that's not that hard. For example, Silver talks about defending the Chemical Plant, so he'll be there, do a thing, and doesn't have to appear after.

I'll catch the news tomorrow morning since the Panel Starts at 4:30am in my time Zone..hope we get at least some insight somehow.