Awoo.

Love Live!

Soniman

o0654036812901226039.jpg

Love Live is a multimedia project started in 2010, essentially a idol group represented by anime girls who play these characters as girls who form a school idol group called Muse and the rest history. Several albums and hundreds of songs have been created under this label, as well as 2 anime seasons and even a movie! Which are mostly pretty good speaking personally. The personalities of the girls themselves, while not the most unique ever made, are diffrent enough from each other and have have someonething special about them you can find something that appeals. You have the brave optimistic leader Honoka, the cool, coolected tsundere Maki, hyperactive genki girl Rin, or satan herself (and best girl) Nico. For a example of their singing talent here's a music video of one of their most famous songs and see for yourself

411c1404b4.jpg

And then we have Aquors, the idol group that has suceeded Muse. Season 1 of their anime aired last year with a 2nd Season comming later in the fall. So far the content of their music does have a unique feel from their predecessors and all the girls themselves feel decenlty unique as well. Spaazy worry wart Riko, crazy rich girl Mari, unabashed chunni Yoshiko and so on. My favorite girl is Hanamaru because she's a cute book worm with a beautiful voice <3. Here's the opening to the first season of the anime

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

There's also School Idol Festival, the mobile rhythm game where you play to win cards of your favorite girls. It sounds simple but it actually can get super addicting and take over your life so, proceed with caution lol.

Personally what I like about this series is the good music, likable characters, nice art style and the anime itself is pretty good with decent development for the characters, hilarious and even some tearjerking moments I really recommend it. So what do you think? Will you chekc it out? Listen to the music? Accept our lord Nico as best girl? Yes.

tumblr_n3s442tV2O1qztgoio1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

This show is bad and only exists to sell CDs and also probably KFC or something

edit: I was wrong about it being made to sell KFC

19gnueas34ca4jpg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Essentially the entirety of the show, if certain members of the SSMB staff are to be believed.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Tornado said:

This is essentially the entirety of the show, if members of the SSMB staff are to be believed.

Pretty much, there are essentially no named male characters on the show (save for one who's a toddler and a brother to one of the girls)so the ships can only sail on lesbian power, which I wholeheartedly approve of, heres some duets of two of fthe mostly popular ships to prove it, its even in the lyrics.

I never thought I'd see a Love Live topic on this site of all places, what a world.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a question for die hard love live fans 

why does nobody in it act or react towards things remotely like a human being, to the point where there is absolutely no conflict nor motivation for anything that happens

Time to start some intense, heated discourse that will burn this topic to the ground: Aqours > μ's!!!

Spoiler

Just kidding. I love them all.

Never really gave this series much attention until recently. I always waved it off but 1) a friend of mine is into it and 2) last year I started watching more anime than before so I figured, why not check it out? I was pleasantly surprised, honestly. It's not a perfect show by any means, but it's fun!

The worst I can say writing / structure wise is that it feels like 13 episodes per season doesn't feel like enough to give everyone in a main cast of 9 decent screentime & development, so some characters kinda get shafted. In fairness they're characters that I find perfectly entertaining as is (i.e. Yohane who I love with all my heart), so...I guess it's not a huge detriment, just kind of disappointing. Like, I'm hoping Sunshine Season 2 focuses more on the first years, especially since the third years' arc seems to be more or less concluded? (The second years' love triangle arc could (and imo should) be expanded on so I'm hoping for that too.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Umi is actually best girl. Just sayin.

The game is pretty fun. I'm a fan of rhythm games, although I have trouble on high difficulty songs.

The anime was pretty entertaining too. I have yet to see the last few episodes of the second season. Also haven't watched Sunshine but I like the characters from it.

Favorite song is probably Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate. It's an Eli song.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually just started watching season 1 again thanks to my friend. Made it to episode 6 and Nico, Maki, and Ren are definitely best girls of the show (but Nico is definitely #1, no competition). 

Also, Love Live has some neat merch crossover with Sonic, so that's like another reason for me to spend money. 

The series is inoffensive. Nothing more. There's one or two standout songs but the rest is bog-standard idol music, like any other Japanese idol group. The rival groups in both series have better music than μ's of Aqours.

That's what I have to say about it.

2 hours ago, Paaaaaaaa said:

why does nobody in it act or react towards things remotely like a human being, to the point where there is absolutely no conflict nor motivation for anything that happens

i dunno man it's almost like it's a moe anime or something

now i have a question for you: why are you posting in this topic if you hate the show that much?

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's a game too. Completely forgot it existed, but it does, I guess.

3 hours ago, Paaaaaaaa said:

If you hate it so much, why are you posting here :V

Admittedly I don't actively enjoy most of the songs that are actually used in the anime, but I love the other stuff. The subunits generally do good work imo, and I'm pretty excited for the duets (+ trio) that are coming out later this year.

/obligatory Guilty Kiss

53 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

now i have a question for you: why are you posting in this topic if you hate the show that much?

19 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

If you hate it so much, why are you posting here :V

Y'know, this sort of thing being at it's most annoying in Sonic topics doesn't mean it's cool everywhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1

speakinf of the duo (trio) songs heres an sampling of them all, theyre all great btw

• Thumbs Up 1

#TeamZuramaru

So much hate in this thread :<. I enjoyed seasons one and two and Sunshine turned out to be better than expected.

Anyone playing the mobile game? Excited for Sunshine S2?

Nico a shit

• Thumbs Up 1

I know only one thing about LoveLive.

And that's the Sonic crossover...s.

b1a33c76c73128a9c87656a3189741ff14174383tumblr_oshsk3wf7d1v584uro1_500.jpg

I've honestly no idea who woke up one morning and thought "Sonic and LoveLive must join forces!" but SEGA's Image Girl thing for its arcades has been a long-running thing IIRC so it makes sense I gueeeeeeess. Some of the merch for this collab (statues, towels, posters, plushes) has actually been pretty neat and well done and I won't be surprised if I someday end up with one of them. 

Other than that my brother has a Muse CD. Music's alright innit, and from what I've seen the anime is animated pretty well. I might be more of an idolm@ster guy though... gotta have my Namco. 

ooooh yay i love this anime so much!!! tbh i found out about it from the school idol festival rythym game but i love it. the app is so addicting ugh but uhmmm.. i really like the anime and the characters, specifically u's, to be more exact, rin hoshizora. she's my all time fave! i relate to her a lot being not girly (since im nb), and uh..yup. haven't finished love live but i want to. i just dont wanna say goodbye to all the characters. i do plan on watching it eventually and love live! sunshine. and the love live movie ofc.

never thought i'd get into an idol anime tho

also: has anyone seen bang dream? its another idol anime and released by bushiroad as well and i got a card thing from it. it's good. also i got irl trading cards of love live, and they're all so cute and i'm glad i have some sort of love live merch now.

• 2 months later...

One of my friends shills this anime a lot so I've been interested in it. Looks neat so I'll check it out later.

I can already tell Mari is best girl but I'll keep an open mind :P

• 1 year later...

RISE, THINE THREAD! THE FALLEN ANGEL YOHANE HAS SENT ME TO REVIVE YOU!

Hey guys, haven't really been around since Sonic Forces came out and like, 2 more posts after that until I left. I've been doing fine. Here's a little secret that I apparently never posted here: I ADORE Love Live. To me, this is one of my absolute favorite multimedia franchises of all time. I started with Muse a tiny bit, but came into the series about a year after Aqours started. And boy oh boy, I chose the best time to get into the series. You wanna know what I've done since in terms of increasing my following? I've learned all the seiyuu names by heart. I know all of Aqours' Calls and Responses. I MADE MY PARENTS DRIVE ME 3-4 HOURS FROM HOME JUST TO WATCH THEM FOR MY FIRST DELAYED LIVE VIEWING! I have found out that, taking out merch and School Idol Festival Loveca purchases, I have spent $2k on CDs and Live BDs on CD Japan alone (yes that's a lot I realize that). I follow the seiyuus on twitter, I helped chip in to make Ainya's US representative outfit on her 2018 AX concert visit. I LOVE this franchise.

To me, this isn't just an anime or manga series. This is an event of my life that I will always fondly remember once Aqours ends. Other than 4th Live, I have attended every Delayed Viewing that Florida has gotten because what I wanted to happen came true. The enormous response from the 2nd Live DV in Fort Lauderdale gave rise to a second theatre in Florida closer to me showing them. I went to the Hakodate viewing to also help show that yes, you should continue doing this here, and the response was overwhelming. The 5th Live DV had about 45 people alone show up. That doesn't sound much, but it was more than half the theatre we got put into, and the only reason 4L didn't do well was because we had such awful weather that it was dangerous to leave. This franchise has given me so much joy in my life and has helped me through so many hardships due to Aqours' radiance that honestly, I don't know where I'd be without them. 

Aqours made a CD with two songs titled "Thank You, FRIENDS" and "No. 10" and those songs alone perfectly explain what Aqours is to me. Friends I will never forget and will always cherish, and I, along with every fan, aren't just that. We're the 10th member of their group. And they wouldn't have it any other way.

• Fist Bump 1

• 1 year later...

My favourite song, Water Blue New World.

I do not know if they deliberately named the song after Azure Blue World, but it does sounds like Jun Senoue's style and perfectly captures the feeling of playing Emerald Coast for the very first time. It would have been nice if the player also did the Windy and Ripply section and synced the last part with the leaping dolphins at the end of the level.

• 5 months later...

Superstar has been great so far! I'm a huge fan of NijiGaku and how (for a franchise like this) "experimental" it is, but I think a more standard premise benefits a lot from the unique things Liella does have going on. With all the previous series there unfortunately had to be characters that got the short end of the stick, whereas with only five main characters to worry about it hasn't felt that way this time. Most importantly though it's just been really fun!!

I predicted Sumire would be my fave and so far the show has backed me up on this, but as always I love all the idiots. Kanon bringing a slightly different energy than the previous protags is interesting. Chisato was fun from the start but the last episode definitely endeared me to her more. In fact, Keke is really funny but I want to learn more about her because I think you could do something really interesting with that. Then there's Ren...I really wonder what's going to happen that makes her join since so far she's seemed even more resistant than the previous characters in the series with that archetype. I like that we finally saw her sillier side in the new episode though, lol.

Though to go back to Niji for a second, I did love how the songs were like actual music videos. Most of the time (at least as far as I can remember) in the anime, LL portrays them as essentially live performances with a bit of musical number logic, which makes sense, but it was neat seeing something different. I hope Season 2 does the same thing, especially since they'll presumably introduce Shioriko (and maybe Lanzhu & Mia?).

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

With all the previous series there unfortunately had to be characters that got the short end of the stick, 

Poor, poor Kanan....

But yeah, Superstar has so far exceeded my expectations, especially with the animation. Tokonatsu Sunshine's choreography was one of the best I've seen in the entire series from an anime standpoint. And I've seen both mini Lives the seiyuus have done and my god, they're going places. Nagisa (Ren) and Sayurin (Kanon) were both scouted via open audition and you honestly could not tell, ESPECIALLY SAYURIN OH MY GOD! I don't think Superstar will top Sunshine for me personally, but Superstar will be the better standalone series compared to Sunshine, at the very least.