Awoo.

Sonic on cover of TIME magazine?

Silverblade1

I was browsing my local science center when I saw a copy TIME magazine from October '93 and noticed it was about video games. I couldn't help looking for good old Sonic on the cover and... there he was! Leaning on the M in time, but the weirdest thing is that it seems to be a render i've never seen before. I've googled the issue but haven't found anything yet. Has anyone else seen this cover?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silverblade1

• FeathersMcGraw

• Detective Shadzter

• The Conductor

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

October 93? A render?

Were there ANY Sonic renders from the early 90's? I thought they began around 3D Blast/SEGA Saturn time...

Awesome find, I'm sure we'd all love to see it (I would :P). Hopefully someone knows what your talking about and has something to show.

If they don't...is it possible that you could go back to your local science center sometime in the future with a camera?

October 93? A render?

Were there ANY Sonic renders from the early 90's? I thought they began around 3D Blast/SEGA Saturn time...

Awesome find, I'm sure we'd all love to see it (I would :P). Hopefully someone knows what your talking about and has something to show.

If they don't...is it possible that you could go back to your local science center sometime in the future with a camera?

Well, the Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles title screen art were renders (they actually used the Sonic 3D model from the S3/S&K title screens for the cover of the Virtual Sonic album), so it's definately possible.

EDIT: Found said album cover:

front.jpg

Edited by FeathersMcGraw

Sorry about the mix up, it wasn't a render but a image. But it was still new.

EDIT: oh ya that one, thanks Mcgraw.

Edited by Silverblade1

Sorry about the mix up, it wasn't a render but a image. But it was still new.

EDIT: oh ya that one, thanks Mcgraw.

That's actually Sonic art from am old piece of Sonic 2 promo art.

Link

That's actually Sonic art from am old piece of Sonic 2 promo art.

Link

Oh, I thought it seemed familiar but I wasn't sure. Anyways, I guess its pretty cool that Sonic made it to the cover... kind of.

BTW has anyone actually read the issue? I want to know what they say about how it's going to zap our children's minds!!!111

I haven't bothered with Time magazine EVER. XD

But I guess a congrats from the future is needed for the blue hedgehog now that this popped up.

Wow, to think that Sonic used to be on the cover of TIME magazine. =O I don't think you'll ever see a videogame icon grace the cover nowadays.

Wow, to think that Sonic used to be on the cover of TIME magazine. =O I don't think you'll ever see a videogame icon grace the cover nowadays.

Although he was on it for a bad reason, judging by the cover it's talking about the stereotypical "videogames make kids violent" crap.