Awoo.

"Fun is Infinite"-- Impressions, Predictions, and Ideas About Sonic Forces's New Villain

Mad Convoy

On 7/21/2017 at 3:26 AM, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I have a strange feeling that Infinite could be a corrupt version of Rouge. My case? 

1. The hair could be part of the corruption. Normally, Rouge has shortish hair. Same colour though. 

2. Infinite does have some bat-like features. The ears namely. 

3. We've seen a few characters already as part of the resistance, and as Eggman's squad. Rouge has been notable by her absence. Either she's dead, or... 

I could be wrong, but her light fingers got the world in trouble before. 06 showed her stealing Mephiles' sceptre. She could get greedy again, but get possessed. 

Notable absence is another reason I think this could be Tikal, given Chaos is one of the major baddies but she's not seen (and no other fans have observed that she's gone). And the crooked white dreadlocks. 

Another possibility: the mask will come off by the half way point. Much like Marth's mask in Fire Emblem Awakening and Angela's mask in Ratchet and Clank 2, someone will land a lucky hit and all will be revealed. It won't be taken off by Infinite. 

• Thumbs Up 6

The Avatar will have Infinite as the final boss and Modern and / or Classic Sonic will go super to fight Eggman as the final final boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Another possibility: the mask will come off by the half way point. Much like Marth's mask in Fire Emblem Awakening and Angela's mask in Ratchet and Clank 2, someone will land a lucky hit and all will be revealed. It won't be taken off by Infinite. 

Turns out infinite was you* all along!!! 

Spoiler

*by "you" I mean the character creator

9 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

And the one who breaks off the mask is Knuckles, breaking the "Knuckles is dumb like Patrick" mandate, much like the "Eggman can't win" mandate is broker here.

On 20/07/2017 at 11:54 PM, JaidynReiman said:

This pretty much covers it. The problem is that this story is about Eggman finally having won and taken over the world. But if Infinite helped Eggman do it, then its not Eggman's accomplishment. If Infinite is just a lackey, Infinite loses any and all interest.

Oh yeah, totally. I don't EXPECT it, but I do think its possible and I'd love to see that twist being the case. Especially if it turns out to be someone we know, such as Blaze. That could be a solid way to make Infinite a good character while still not taking away from Eggman's trumph.

Like, if Infinite is actually the mask, and not the body. So whoever wears the thing it turns evil and super powerful. That would be awesome! It would bring up so many possibilities, like, sonic taking off the mask from that body (which could be blaze, for sure) and the mask goes to tails's face (wtf)

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm interested to understand his origins and his motives for attacking Sonic's dimension, but I'm still skeptical because as you said, Sonic Team has a bad track record in handling darker and more serious villains outside of Chaos and Merlina. My only hope that Infinite's motives aren't just driven by a lust for power and domination, but something deeper.

tumblr_orp5dfQHNW1vjuh1lo1_500.png

So the more and more I've been thinking about this lately. The more and more I'm thinking either Mephiles is some how back or has some thing related to him. Coincidences are becoming a little too much to not be on purpose.

As we all know that the flame of Solaris (Mephiles and Iblis) were wiped out from experience in Sonic '06. Meaning there is no way Mephiles can come back right? Yeah, no. We have a few loop holes to get around that.

Loop hole number 1. Sonic Generations. The paradox that was created brought us Crisis City. But Crisis City cannot exist if Iblis hadn't decimated it. Meaning Iblis still came about and by association, Mephiles.

Loop hole number 2. Different dimension. Seeing as classic Sonic, Infinite, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok are rumored to have come from a different dimension where events that shaped four of the latter mentioned characters never transpired. This also means in that dimension that the flame of Solaris was not snuffed out from existence.

Now what could motives be? Revenge? Wanting to bring Infinite darkness? I don't know.

But what I do know is. Mephiles can take on any shape of any shadow (ba dum tish) he touches. Just like he did with Shadow in Sonic '06.

We know how good Mephiles was at convincing others to do his bidding. Could even explain Shadow as in '06 he had already gone through his struggles and saw through Mephiles' manipulation. But a Shadow fresh from stasis? Easy to manipulate for sure.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 7/28/2017 at 5:56 AM, Azure P said:

tumblr_orp5dfQHNW1vjuh1lo1_500.png

So the more and more I've been thinking about this lately. The more and more I'm thinking either Mephiles is some how back or has some thing related to him. Coincidences are becoming a little too much to not be on purpose.

As we all know that the flame of Solaris (Mephiles and Iblis) were wiped out from experience in Sonic '06. Meaning there is no way Mephiles can come back right? Yeah, no. We have a few loop holes to get around that.

Loop hole number 1. Sonic Generations. The paradox that was created brought us Crisis City. But Crisis City cannot exist if Iblis hadn't decimated it. Meaning Iblis still came about and by association, Mephiles.

Loop hole number 2. Different dimension. Seeing as classic Sonic, Infinite, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok are rumored to have come from a different dimension where events that shaped four of the latter mentioned characters never transpired. This also means in that dimension that the flame of Solaris was not snuffed out from existence.

Now what could motives be? Revenge? Wanting to bring Infinite darkness? I don't know.

But what I do know is. Mephiles can take on any shape of any shadow (ba dum tish) he touches. Just like he did with Shadow in Sonic '06.

We know how good Mephiles was at convincing others to do his bidding. Could even explain Shadow as in '06 he had already gone through his struggles and saw through Mephiles' manipulation. But a Shadow fresh from stasis? Easy to manipulate for sure.

This is a really brilliant theory, and I'm not against it. I just feel like Sega would never try to link Sonic '06 into another game, I mean, that enough would get fanbrats pissed and not buy the game. 

But anyway, one thing I noticed how Infinite seems to have features of tons of different animals. I don't really know what this means but it interests me a lot.

1 hour ago, rosedust said:

This is a really brilliant theory, and I'm not against it. I just feel like Sega would never try to link Sonic '06 into another game, I mean, that enough would get fanbrats pissed and not buy the game. 

But anyway, one thing I noticed how Infinite seems to have features of tons of different animals. I don't really know what this means but it interests me a lot.

This is something I've also noticed. He seems to be the amalgamation of countless species despite having a hedgehog's body structure. Make me wonder if the OC is involved in his creation.

Just now, Cornelius Fudge said:

This is something I've also noticed. He seems to be the amalgamation of countless species despite having a hedgehog's body structure. Make me wonder if the OC is involved in his creation.

I agree. It kind of struck me as odd, he has features from (what I'm gathering) wolf/fox (tail)/echidna (dreadlocks)/hedgehog (body and figure though debatable)/bat? (ears)/mouse? (face). However it doesn't have features from every animal species you're allowed to choose from so I don't know.  

Funny you guys mention Mephiles...

...because after I saw this face reveal fan art I honestly want Infinite to be him now.

Besides, as Sonic Forces' producer, this is Shun Nakamura's first time in a leadership role Sonic game development-wise since '06, in which he penned the story and was the director. Who's to say he wouldn't want another crack at Mephiles' character too?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mephilis was erased from existence, he effectively doesn't exist anymore, I'd love to see how they handwaved that away 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

The only reason I don't mind is because I haven't played Sonic 06 and don't remember much of the story to begin with, so Forces would probably be my first look into Mephiles's character if they do go that route.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Cornelius Fudge said:

The only reason I don't mind is because I haven't played Sonic 06 and don't remember much of the story to begin with, so Forces would probably be my first look into Mephiles's character if they do go that route.

Well for me I didn't really mind Mephiles. He just felt empty and not that interesting. 

16 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Mephilis was erased from existence, he effectively doesn't exist anymore, I'd love to see how they handwaved that away 

He came from a parallel dimension where he wasn't erased. ez

But yeah, I don't see Mephiles returning in any form whatsoever. Infinite is a new mysterious, edgy-but-maybe-probably-self-aware-cuz-shoes character which is what I wanted since forever tbh with maybe a tragic past if song lyrics are to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rouge, Blaze, and Creams' absensces are weird but I don't really think they correlate to this character. Funny how Amy is the only returning female character that we know of, though.

48 minutes ago, rosedust said:

Rouge, Blaze, and Creams' absensces are weird but I don't really think they correlate to this character. Funny how Amy is the only returning female character that we know of, though.

And Omega, Sticks, the Rogues, and Big are so far also absent. Not to mention Marine, as usual. 

Other than the Tikal idea and all it's evidence (Chaos on the bad side, no Infinite toy, the quills, her getting a comic and her appearance in runners alongside all these mainstays...) I might think it has defeated and absorbed the absent characters to take elements of them. (Tikal's quills, Rouge's ears, Omega's claws...) Hence Amy, Knuckles, Silver, and the Chaotix are the last ones left after Infinite has absorbed everyone else. Maybe Infinite could even be an Ermac expy, if they used time travel to undo it.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Sticks

Does Sticks exist in the non-boom Sonic universe?

5 hours ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

Relevant.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

And Omega, Sticks, the Rogues, and Big are so far also absent. Not to mention Marine, as usual. 

Other than the Tikal idea and all it's evidence (Chaos on the bad side, no Infinite toy, the quills, her getting a comic and her appearance in runners alongside all these mainstays...) I might think it has defeated and absorbed the absent characters to take elements of them. (Tikal's quills, Rouge's ears, Omega's claws...) Hence Amy, Knuckles, Silver, and the Chaotix are the last ones left after Infinite has absorbed everyone else. Maybe Infinite could even be an Ermac expy, if they used time travel to undo it.

That is pretty disturbing.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Bobnik said:

He came from a parallel dimension where he wasn't erased. ez

But yeah, I don't see Mephiles returning in any form whatsoever. Infinite is a new mysterious, edgy-but-maybe-probably-self-aware-cuz-shoes character which is what I wanted since forever tbh with maybe a tragic past if song lyrics are to go by.

I don't know why you think the game is self aware. 

You setting yourself up for dissapointment

Just now, Shadowlax said:

I don't know why you think the game is self aware. 

I'm not expecting it to be self aware tbh. It's just Infinite's shoes having his logo is really stupid, I won't be surprised if he'll be some sort of a self-aware character.

I had this thought on Infinite, and I thought this would be the best place to share it. The thought is as follows: Given the lines of his theme song, "'Cause I was born in this pain", and "The pain persists, I can't resist", if his theme song is anything to go buy, Infinite's past, whatever it may be, must have been a painful one. One where he had to go through some kind of pain. Maybe he was a person rejected by society long ago who was hated and had to go through painful moments, physical or mental, before obtaining his power that was enormous. However, while that was just a guess, I do believe he was subjected to some kind of pain in his early life before Eggman found him somehow and he helped Eggman conquer the world, which is why he is rather evil. Maybe the pain because it makes him stronger, if the "Pain persists, I can't resist, but that's what it takes to be infinite" line is anything to go by. What do you all think?

• Thumbs Up 4

That's a pretty strong reading of the lyrics, I agree.  I'm uncertain just how literally we should take some of the lyrics, but I can see that it would all make sense if Infinite has some kind of terrible power sealed within him - comparable to the Flames of Disaster being contained within Elise or 06 Blaze - and although it makes him suffer, it's worth it because he has some kind of grudge against the world.  I was toying with an idea whereby Eggman had captured him and the helmet was some kind of control or brainwashing helmet, but it might be closer to the mark to suggest that the helmet helps Infinite to control his powers, which means it'll be a bad time if that mask ever comes off.  ...In other words, that would mean that Infinite's partnership with Eggman was similar to that of Chaos or Shadow, an ally of convenience as they both have the same misanthropic goals.  Maybe that's the logic behind the makeup of the team of villains Infinite has corralled?

• Thumbs Up 2