Awoo.

"Fun is Infinite"-- Impressions, Predictions, and Ideas About Sonic Forces's New Villain

Mad Convoy

Just came to me that maybe Infinite is one of the gods that created the Chaos Emerald.

In the japanese manual from Sonic 2, it says that people believe the chaos emeralds were created by the gods at the beggining of times.

And according to a theory, Chaos was one of those gods, since Dr. Eggman refers to him as "the god of destruction" at Sonic Adventure.  Solaris also looked like a god - and now, it seems Infinite is some kind of god too, since his powers are very destructive and he can (supposedly) control time and space.

Chaos was a "god" because whoever survived his rampage viewed him as one due to how powerful he was. He was basically just a big weird chao who got pissed when his family was trampled, did the equivalent of going Super, and wiped out a civilization.

And I don't see any reason to think Infinite is a god. Sure, he's got superpowers, but plenty of characters in the series do, and only a few of them are anything close to being gods. Plus his theme seems to present him more as rebelling against the world rather than having a hand in creating it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Do you even have to ask what I think of this upstart?

Infinite, from what little we've seen of him so far, looks like a typical modern Sonic villain. He's dark, he's edgy, and he's being pushed as the hip new baddie on the block despite us having seen this exact shtick from other no-hopers like Mephiles already.

Of course, as an Eggman fan, Infinite's existence worries me for other reasons: The premise of this game is that Dr. Eggman has finally achieved his lifelong dream of conquering the world. For Sonic Team to undermine this monumental achievement and replace Eggman with some random new villain - despite the very point of the story being to take on the Eggman Empire - would be an incredibly lame move.

So, not a fan. I'm expecting a predictable betrayal, forcing Eggman out of the limelight during what ought to be his finest hour, but perhaps I'll be wrong. I'd certainly love to be pleasantly surprised.

On 06/08/2017 at 9:59 AM, Dr. Mechano said:

So, not a fan. I'm expecting a predictable betrayal, forcing Eggman out of the limelight during what ought to be his finest hour, but perhaps I'll be wrong. I'd certainly love to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm also expecting the whole typical 'new bad guy betrays Eggman so now Eggman and Sonic have a temporary truce until the bad guy is defeated' thing, but here's an idea:

What if Infinite becomes good and actually teams up with Sonic to take down Eggman in the final battle? That'd be an interesting twist. Especially considering the theme "Fist Bump", I think they're trying to go with this idea of friendship or something. In the "Enter Infinite" trailer you can even see the custom character trying to give Infinite a fist bump so I think it's possible. I think people brought this up ealier but it would be nice to see.

I'm gonna be honest, the only time Eggman being overpowered by one of his lackeys was ever interesting or fun was in Sonic Advance 3. Every other time has just felt so painfully cliché. If I see it in Forces I won't be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

I wouldn't mind seeing an actual cutscene similar to something like that.

8 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

...I hate all of you

Jk

15 hours ago, BubbleButt TV said:

I'm also expecting the whole typical 'new bad guy betrays Eggman so now Eggman and Sonic have a temporary truce until the bad guy is defeated' thing, but here's an idea:

What if Infinite becomes good and actually teams up with Sonic to take down Eggman in the final battle? That'd be an interesting twist. Especially considering the theme "Fist Bump", I think they're trying to go with this idea of friendship or something. In the "Enter Infinite" trailer you can even see the custom character trying to give Infinite a fist bump so I think it's possible. I think people brought this up ealier but it would be nice to see.

I'm gonna be honest, the only time Eggman being overpowered by one of his lackeys was ever interesting or fun was in Sonic Advance 3. Every other time has just felt so painfully cliché. If I see it in Forces I won't be surprised.

I'd hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheavily prefer infinite stay evil

It's gonna suck so hard if infinite's boss battle is just sonic running and dodging cubes like in sonic colors final boss.

3 minutes ago, A wreaking havoc engine said:

It's gonna suck so hard if infinite's boss battle is just sonic running and dodging cubes like in sonic colors final boss.

Or flying in some interstellar tunnel like in Generations (I hated that final boss, I never really understood how to properly beat him, I just did).

Well, here's a cool little cover of Infinite's theme.

Featuring long time Sonic fanatic: Arin Hanson.

I'm gonna just copy and paste my theory here lol

Infinite being a normal guy who wanted to be better somehow, and Eggman offering the those powers from the gem to him, in exchange of losing everything else and turning Infinite into his minion, and forcing to obey and respect him (somehow).

Something like this, (depending on the execution) could work really well. Making Infinite one of the best villians in the series, and at the same time making Eggman above him even if Infinite is all powerful, because we never saw Eggman ruining someone's life in the games. (In the comics but not in the games) Eggman is comical, he is goofy, but he is still evil.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/9/2017 at 6:57 AM, Meta77 said:

I'd hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheavily prefer infinite stay evil

We haven't had a villain-turned-ally in years (dangerously close to a decade, now). Deadly Six, Hard-Boiled Heavies, Orbot and Cubot, Time Eater, and the Boom game villains (except D-Fekt, but he still sucked very much, never spoke, only reformed via reprogramming,  hasn't been seen again, and his one game had nothing whatsoever to do with Sonic Team, so whatever) were all wicked to the end. And also the villains who'd stayed evil so far have died, been a henchman, or we're actually very lame villains. 

But no, let's just have another throwaway villain!

I would have liked for more foes for Sonic, but given how lame the Deadly Six were I lost faith and interest in that concept. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

We haven't had a villain-turned-ally in years. Deadly Six, Hard-Boiled Heavies, Orbot and Cubot, Time Eater, and the Boom villains were all wicked to the end. And also the villains who'd stayed evil so far have died, been a henchman, or we're actually very lame villains. 

But no, let's just have another throwaway villain!

I would have liked for more foes for Sonic, but given how lame the Deadly Six were I lost faith and interest in that concept. 

Well to be fair Friendbot used to be a villain. I think Merlina is the last reformed villain we had.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Well to be fair Friendbot used to be a villain

I strictly meant the Boom game villains. Otherwise we'd have to include the Archie villains as well.

1 minute ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

I strictly meant the Boom game villains. Otherwise we'd have to include the Archie villains as well.

Fair enough. Actually then we have D-Fekt who became good (though through reprogramming).

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Fair enough. Actually then we have D-Fekt who became good (though through reprogramming).

Thank you. However, I still personally don't count D-Fekt, because he was reprogrammed (at least Gemerl had Emerl somewhere inside him), never spoke, was never seen again after the game, and he was a fairly lousy villain (imo the lousiest villain in any Sonic game ever made). But on the other hand, I can't wait to see Infinite's tragic story.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest I kinda feel like Infinite was indeed created by Eggman...

I mean it's kinda stupid but I think it's the case because of the logo on his shoes lol

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I'm watching it. He seems to be on the right path. So Eggman conquering the world is not an illusion, Infinite overwrote reality. And the phantom ruby may be sentient. It's possible Infinite is a glitch because of the glitches around him and he may be aware he is in a videogame, thus manipulating the program. More information can be found in the lyrics, he was someone else before the ruby corrupted him. He says Infinite may be the Avatar's friend and that's why he is important for the resistance. Seems like Infinite could be one of the greatest Sonic villains ever. He seems confident the story will deliver. Really a great video by the way, I know you're watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2017 at 2:10 AM, Sonictrainer said:

An interesting theory from the Sega Scourge

Problem with this theory lies with Sonic Mania. The clues are there in the music. The last two tracks and Infinite's theme have a common theme: illusions.

Spoilers for Mania of course.

Let's look at another clue. Compare the Sonic Mania intro for Sonic/Tails and Knuckles. You see in Sonic/Tails intro that the Egg Robos transform into the HBHs. Yet if you look at Knuckles' intro, the same Egg Robos that were just off to the side where Sonic/Tails were, are still just normal Egg Robos.

Conclusion: The HBHs don't exist. What else is just an illusion? It's pretty obvious and staring you in the face.

Quite evident when you fight the last boss when Eggman distorts the world every time he 'sends' you to battle a HBH.

Another thing is at the super boss. When the boss ends after another world distorting flash. You'll notice only Eggman is always there to get the phantom ruby from. Every time.

This is Infinite's power.

• Nice Smile 1

That still doesn't mean everything is an illusion. If it turned out the world itself was an illusion, there'd have to be a new set of circumstance for the player not to feel cheated. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/8/2017 at 7:37 PM, Shaddy the guy said:

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

In these hard times of back and forth arguing about what's good and what's not, it's always wonderful whenever someone jumps in the middle and says "Check this shit out!"