Awoo.

Sonic Forces OST: Theme of Infinite

Zippo

I honestly do Not like this type of Sonic music, I like Sonic music in the form of modern Sonic instrumental and vocals in the form of A New Venture, Endless Possibilities, Reach for the stars and Sonic Forces theme Fist Bump (both instrumental and vocal versions). Both versions of Fist Bump fit the Sonic franchise as a whole, Infinite's Theme sounds like something out of Shadow The Hedgehog or Secret Rings and that's Not the type of music I like. I like pretty much all the music from Sonic Forces so far, maybe with the Classic Green Hill as an exception, I do however like the Custom Character Green Hill and Park Avenue, when are we going to get some Modern Sonic OST from Sonic Forces. We've gotten Custom and themes but no Modern Sonic tracks from Forces or any Classic Sonic, as with Sonic Generations there maybe better Classic Sonic ost in Forces.

why am i back in 2005.

not that i complain in this instance. Holy hell, the tone of this game and OST in general is all over the fucking place. We have Classic Green Hill (overall ew), Fist Bump (which I find okay, but not "Live and Learn" material), vocals and EDM for avatar stages (fine, I guess) and then this. Hell, this song goes from something that would've been okay for youtube raps to full on edge metal (which was the only good thing about Edgy the Hedgie tbh).

The song is 12/10, probably one of the favourites of franchise post-classic.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I honestly do Not like this type of Sonic music, I like Sonic music in the form of modern Sonic instrumental and vocals in the form of A New Venture, Endless Possibilities, Reach for the stars and Sonic Forces theme Fist Bump (both instrumental and vocal versions). Both versions of Fist Bump fit the Sonic franchise as a whole, Infinite's Theme sounds like something out of Shadow The Hedgehog or Secret Rings and that's Not the type of music I like. I like pretty much all the music from Sonic Forces so far, maybe with the Classic Green Hill as an exception, I do however like the Custom Character Green Hill and Park Avenue, when are we going to get some Modern Sonic OST from Sonic Forces. We've gotten Custom and themes but no Modern Sonic tracks from Forces or any Classic Sonic, as with Sonic Generations there maybe better Classic Sonic ost in Forces.

but you have to understand that this is a theme for the main villain of the game not sonic or the theme for the game so it wouldnt make sense to be all happy and cheery.

I think Shadow's instrumental theme from Sonic Adventure 2 and Knight of The Wind sounds better than the Infinite Theme.

Huh... neat. I'm not always a fan of this particular form of rock, but this theme's not bad. Better than Fist Bump so far.

The more I see/hear of Forces the less interested I become. At least Fist Bump is cheesy in that Sonic kind of way, and the instrumental isn't half bad. This is just too edgy for me though. 

Now this is pretty good. Come to think of it, it is pretty epic! It may sound like a dark and edgy song, but it's still great to listen to. I like this better than Fist Bump.

• Thumbs Up 1

This sounds pretty good. Much better than the main vocal theme.

Forces is gonna have such a polarizing soundtrack.

We seem to get a good track, then a bad one, then another good one followed by another bad one....  

• Thumbs Up 1

I like this. Then again. I'm one of the few that liked Shadow the Hedgehog. The game that marked the end of the golden years for the Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is BY FAR the best theme on Forces thus far, nothing even comes close to the level of this song...its actually beautiful and I could totally see myself listening to this on its own in the future...

...also I must say the visual effects on this video really do help elevate the song more! So that's a thing! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

This entire game is fitting in with Heroes and Shadow the hedgehog quite nicely. Which is not a bad thing, imo.

I'd much rather have this than Lost World.

Some of it also reminds me of Sonic 06, which makes sense considering the director (is it director?) is the one from 06.

The audience for the game is starting to become clearer too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Goddammit... I'm already looping this music. It's gonna be stuck in my head all day now probably. Fuck!

I like it though. I'm glad I do because that Forces Main theme still makes me cringe a bit. The music here just sounds better for one. The lyrics are cheesy but in a very delightful way that makes me smile. Reminds me of when I was a kid anticipating cool shit from bad guys in villains. Those were the days.

I actually have been liking a lot of the vocal stuff I've been hearing from this game, aside from the Main Theme. 

God dammit. I wanna like that Main theme so much. I like the music well enough but that Hooba-H...Hooba...? Hoola-Hoop's singing is screwed up.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Hey, Ohtani-san? For this theme, are we going with Nu Metal, Chicago Drill, or Dubstep?"

"...yes."

That said I can't completely hate the music and I don't like that.

Here are some possible lyrics.

I am the tallest of mountains and the roughest of waves
I am the toughest of terrors and I am the darkest of days
I'm the last one that's standing, don't try to stand in my way
Cause I've been up against better, just take a look at my face

Cause if you're messing with me, I am a dangerous weapon
I am the sharpest of blades, I'll cut you down in a second
Cause I was born in this pain and it only hurts if you let it
So if you think you can take me, then you should go and forget it

After all this time, you're back for more
(I wont stop until they know my name!)
So take what's mine, and start this war
(I'm coming at you like a tidalwave!)

When everything you know has come and gone
(Don't you notice, I am right behind you)
And the stories made are thrown away
(Nothing in the ashes, noise in the silence)
When there's no one left to carry on
(This is an illusion, open up your eyes and)

[Fate persists?], I can't resist,
Cause that's what it takes to be INFINITE

So look around you and tell me what you really see
I never [ended?] and that's the difference in you and me
Cause when your time is up and everything is falling down
It's only me and you! Who is gonna save you now?

So look around you and tell me what you really see
You live a lie and that's the difference in you and me
I am the power, let me show you what it's all about
It's only me and you! Who is gonna save you now?

• Thumbs Up 2

Edgy almost to the point of comedy, would be my verdict.  But it actually sounds pretty good, and I'm happy to see something from Sonic again which actually chooses a direction and commits to it, so sure, this meets with my approval.  Certainly it's an improvement on Fist Bump, which the vocals made actively worse as a piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've listened to this a bunch of times. I dig it, to be perfectly honest. It's a corny song, but I don't really have high expectations for the songwriting in Sonic the Hedgehog. I personally don't think the song would have been out of place in Shadow the Hedgehog (to the point it practically feels like a lost theme to that game). I genuinely love the first twelve seconds before the guitars come in.

Something I thought was a neat touch were the earliest lyrics that feel like they're describing Infinite's crew. "Tallest of mountains" for Zavok, "Roughest of Waves" for Chaos, "Toughest of terrors" for Metal, and "Darkest of days" for Shadow. I kind of laugh at the rest of it (especially "I am the sharpest of blades, I'll cut down in a second"), but I rather like the song. I also feel like the vocals don't feel as much of an after thought or out of place as the vocal version of "Fist Bump," even if the vocalists probably aren't the greatest choice (I'm struggling to think of an alternative, though). Color me surprised, I found something to enjoy about Forces so far.

I thought "Almost Dead" was edgy, but this takes the cake.

This song is very corny, but the cringe in this song is good. 

I'm confused. Most of the time the song is rather far up my alley and honestly pretty cool. But from the point where the vocals start to about a minute in, Infinite is doing his really lame generic bragging, and that part does not gel with me in the same way, to say the least. Part of it is because of individual lyrics being particularly horrible ("'Cause if you're messing with me / I am a dangerous weapon / I am the sharpest of blades / I'll cut you down in a second"? "So if you think you can take me / Then you should go and forget it"? Lame! Totally lame!), but some are actually decent or even pretty good. Rather, the issue is that it most of it is just such repulsively generic villain bragging with no actual bite to it.

After listening to the song enough times, I think I'm finally beginning to get over the lacking lyrics in that one section. And it's a good thing, cause I really dig the song overall. Like, pretty much everything other than that rocks! This is totally the kind of thing I can listen to and enjoy thoroughly - at least, taken by itself.

The problem is that my feelings about the character in general are thoroughly mixed, and part of that is in what's revealed about the character through this song. I think that definitely has the potential to taint my enjoyment of the song. But I think I'll go more into that in another topic.

Overall, it's definitely a good song in my book. Cheesy, sure, but still! At times, I enjoy it immensely, but it does have its issues.

Oh, and whoever was in charge of video editing did a good job adding effects to the picture. x)

• Thumbs Up 2