Awoo.

Sonic Forces OST: Theme of Infinite

Zippo

Not gonna lie, up to this point I was a little bitter towards Forces. I didn't like much of what I was seeing and even "Fist Bump" was painfully meh to me. But this. Oh, this. This song captures a certain aesthetic I feel the Sonic games were missing. Like, that era of Black Knight/Zero Gravity/Unleashed. Sure, not the best era buuuut the music in those games was great. And I missed this style of music. If they can somehow manage to attempt to reach Unleashed's level of story, I think I'm going to end up loving Forces. Well, minus the custom character anyway... 

• Thumbs Up 6

"I'm the tallest of mountains" = Zavok

"I am the roughest of waves" = Chaos

"I'm the toughest of terrors" = Metal Sonic

"I am the darkest of days" = Shadow the Hedgehog

Really think my theory about him getting powers from others is legit.

• Thumbs Up 9

>Is listening to Infinite's theme

Hmm. Some electric kind of music-

> Jun Senoue's electric guitar kicks in

sweet-jesus.gif

This is really good. The guitar and the orchestra-like instrumental really go together. The vocals are timed right. I've been listening to this on loop-HELP ME.

• Thumbs Up 4

*phone rings*

Infinite: Hello?

Voice:  Yes hello Mr. Infinite, this is 2003 we would like our music back please.

I'm sorry I can't make it through the whole song.... its just...too much, even the Shadow The Hedgehog music wasn't this cringeworthy.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

>Is listening to Infinite's theme

Hmm. Some electric kind of music-

> Jun Senoue's electric guitar kicks in

sweet-jesus.gif

This is really good. The guitar and the orchestra-like instrumental really go together. The vocals are timed right. I've been listening to this on loop-HELP ME.

I've listened to it like 30 times on loop already. Fucking Infinite, your edginess is goofy as fuck but your theme is both cool and cheesy in the perfect way. I'm warming up to this guy already. Good character themes are the way to my heart, you know?

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

*phone rings*

Infinite: Hello?

Voice:  Yes hello Mr. Infinite, this is 2003 we would like our music back please.

I'm sorry I can't make it through the whole song.... its just...too much, even the Shadow The Hedgehog music wasn't this cringeworthy.

Now music genres are restricted to decades? I didn't know that! I'm gonna tell myself to stop hearing classic music because is sooo 1800's. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I myself happen to have a liking to early 2000's and late 2000's music. So, this is right up my alley. 

10 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Now music genres are restricted to decades? I didn't know that! I'm gonna tell myself to stop hearing classic music because is sooo 1800's. 

Don't tell me you've never heard someone say that a song sounds like it's stuck in a set year. 

Anyway this song is pretty bad, the structure is generic at best and the lyrics are cringe, and really do sound out of 2003. I'm sure Infinite will look so cool with this sixteenth-rate nu metal playing in the background. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

The difference being classical music, like a fine wine actually gets better with age.

Also what ShroomZed said.

Personally if they are going to keep doing over the top songs for Modern Sonic I say a crazy Dragonforce "Through Fire & Flames" type song would be more fun.  Maybe some Heavy Metal for the villians. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The difference being classical music, like a fine wine actually gets better with age.

Also what ShroomZed said.

Personally if they are going to keep doing over the top songs for Modern Sonic I say a crazy Dragonforce "Through Fire & Flames" type song would be more fun.  Maybe some Heavy Metal for the villians. XD

This is exactly what I've been saying. If we're going to have these cheeseball songs, at least emulate something actually fucking good, like Iron Maiden or Accept or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The beginning part was pretty deceptive, but what followed was quite a treat. This sounded pretty good to me. Great, even.

I was wondering why a bunch of quality art started popping around this character/game. I guess this played a huge part in the answer.

Don't care, I don't see what is so cringy.

I genuinely love it, and a lot of other people too. And I'm not that found of rock music.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Cause I've been up against better, just take a look at my face" 

"Cause if you're messing with me I am a dangerous weapon, I am the sharpest of blades, I'll cut you down in a second" 

"Cause I was born in this pain, it only hurts if you let it" 

"This pain persists, I can't resist! That's what it takes to be infinite!" 

Basically, HE'S TOUGH AS SHEIT AND HAS A ROUGH PAST AND KNOWS WHAT TRUE PAIN IS 

I can't believe this isn't meant to be a parody

• Thumbs Up 4

Keen to see and hear the return of those cheesy lyrical tunes. Sounds on par with "Throw It All Away". Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

So the following lines are interesting -  "This is an illusion, open up your eyes", "So look around you and tell me what you really see" and "You live a lie"

This is a massive stretch... but what if Sonic is trapped in one of Eggman's simulations in this game, caught in an infinite code loop? We know that Eggman had a Sonic simulator in Colors, perhaps the conquered world is just a stream of code Sonic is stuck in while Eggman loops through it to decipher his weaknesses. Yeah, a big stretch, but given that Infinite looks like a computer glitch...

If you listen closely near the end of the theme, it sounds like the wily castle from megaman 2 in the melody.

I'm just happy to have a plot with more menace than menacing some cute aliens or stealing the "life force" of things.

I just wanna throw this out there for anyone saying Infinite's theme sounds dated: if his theme reflected current musical trends instead of ones from the 2000s, we'd probably get something like this:

or this:

so, you know, take your pick, stereotypical nu metal or average to bad trap music with Halsey and Ugly God on vocals.

• Thumbs Up 1

"LOUD NOISES!!!!"

Best reaction video for Sonic music I've ever seen. This was hilarious.

Ok listening to the full song this is fucking awesome. I didn't like Fist Bump, but this? FUCK YES. I've ALWAYS loved Shadow's themes the most and this does resemble Shadow's past themes a lot. Hopefully Shadow gets a remix of one of his past themes for his battle. I've been wanting a Throw It All Away remix for a long time. ^_^

EDIT: After listening a bit further, some of the song's early lyrics are a little cheesier now that I'm hearing them properly. But still, I do like this song a lot.

• Thumbs Up 5

Here is a cover of Infinite's song that you guys might like:

I think it's better since it has a more beautiful, ominous tone to it and both the vocals and instrumentals are phenomenal. That same Youtuber also has done various different covers of other popular theme songs, so feel free to check those out as well.

Oh lord help me he said the word pain in his song. It is soooooo edgy and early 2000s. whats wrong with that? No really someone tell me whats wrong with a rock song. Most all sonic games have had them except the mess that was lost worlds ost

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...