Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

6 minutes ago, Kellan said:

That doesn't change that it's still kinda silly that he doesn't appear to be helping at all in this new cutscene.

Tails may yet get to return the favor from Colors and drag Sonic's corpse away from the hoarde of baddies. Might even be a bit of a homage to that actually.

The scene is heavily edited so there is no telling the specific context of what is going down until we see the whole thing. While I don't doubt that the kit would be forced to spend the conflict in a bunker, it would be different if Sonic told him to lay low after spotting Eggman Metal and Zavok waiting for him.

Anyway, despite not being able to get any data in the heat of the moment, you can bet that Tails will get a valuable clue about what it is they are up against for when they see Infinite down the road.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Kellan said:

That being said, you're right about Unleashed, and now I'm back to being upset about that again.

In Sonic Unleashed, it was justified. Tails was surrounded by a group of Dark Gaia Minions, including a Titan, in the middle of the night. He had never seen, heard of, or encountered them before so he made the decision to hide from a safe distance and observe them.

tumblr_otesscYtsH1w5hsgco1_1280.jpg

Speaking of Unleashed, does the background here remind anyone else of the Gaia Temples?

• Thumbs Up 2

That theme. Dude. I mean it sounds cool. I like it and it is fitting of his edgelord persona but I can't stop laughing at it. But it does sound good. Better that Fist Bump that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic, both classic and modern, have always borrowed elements from Dragon Ball among other manga, anime and western stuff as well. After all it was manufacture by a japanese team that also wanted to make it cool to westerners. Sonic's concept is basically Dragon Ball meets Mickey Mouse with Rock & Roll. 

Super Sonic, the Emeralds, and the general aesthetics are very inspired by stuff like that. Even the classic logo of Classic Sonic saludating the player and coming out of that ring with the winged banner, that's Toriyama inspired. It came from Arale.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I fear I may have a problem. It's 3 in the morning and I'm still listening to Infinite's theme. 

I fucking love this shit man. This cool ass music and these awesomely-cheesy lyrics.

"When everything you know has come and gone (You are at your lowest, I started rising higher)

The scars we made are thrown away (Nothing in the ashes. Noises in the silence)

When there is noone left to carry on (this is an illusion, open up your eyes and)

Stay; Persist

I can't; Resist

BUT THATS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE INFINITE!!!!"

Seriously, I feel like I'm a kid again.

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

I AM THE SHARPEST OF BLADES

I'LL CUT YOU DOWN IN A SECOND

I love it.It's soo cheesy but charming in that early 2000's linking park 240p quality AMV era feel. The instrumentals remind me of the themes from JoJo's All Star Battle. And I love those themes

Listen to this. It reminds me a lot of Infinite's theme.

I definetly agree that Inifinte's Theme is better than Fist Bump.

Fist Bump feels like it's cheesy just for the sake of being cheesy. Not to mention that I've heard the lyrics in that song used in thousands of other songs. There's just nothing special about it.

With Infinite's Theme you got things like, "I'm the sharpest of blades," "That's what it takes to be infinite," etc. Edgy, but that's not a bad thing. Sonic was always meant to be edgy.

• Thumbs Up 9

The difference to me is that it seems this theme actually took effort. I don't know, like there was more emotion put into the vocals and instrumental. Like the singer and band gave a damn. With Fist Bumb it feels like the guy walked into the recording studio at the wee hours of the morning, saw the lyrics and went "eh whatever no one's gonna notice if I cheese it" it's like he's having no fun doing it whereas here it's like the band IS enjoying singing this edgy-as-fuck theme. Pumped up you know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Saw some place with dark clouds in the trailer.

Does this mean that we get a zone

....in the rain???

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, still intrigued but was definitely thrown off and not fond of the cutscene when I first saw it. I like metal guitars, I like that Jun is back, I like that it's not just Ohtani on the soundtrack. Something about the cutscenes looks... unpolished to me though? From Sonic's homing attack animation to the lighting... Kinda looks like Colors' cutscenes but less polished. At least in the first cut scene where Sonic gets hit. It just has no impact to me, when it could be a lot more powerful? The other cut scene seems fine to me though. Still looking forward.

• Thumbs Up 4

That is totally Illidan's voice, lol~

While I'm not holding my breath on it, I'd love for this guy to be a memorable villain/character in a good way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really care for Infinite or his theme, I like the other villains but Not Infinite. Also did anyone notice how Shadow's eyes look kind of strange in this trailer when compared to the E3 trailer or Sonic Generations, like he is hypnotized or something.

(NOTE: I may have gone way too deep in this.)

So regarding Infinite's power...

I'm starting to think that Infinite may not have the ability to dimension hop, but one of his abilities may be creating illusions. 

It's been pointed out that Chaos and Metal have been glitching after Sonic got reked, and Shadow has strange pupils. What if they aren't brainwashed? Maybe they aren't from different dimensions.

They could be illusions created by Infinite to trick the Resistance and distract them from some other scheme.

Heck I think his theme song may have dropped some clue about his power. I'm trying to figure out where, maybe this verse-

And the stories made are thrown away
(Nothing in the ashes, noise in the silence)
When there's no one left to carry on
(This is an illusion, open up your eyes and)

[Fate persists?], I can't resist,
Cause that's what it takes to be INFINITE

Or maybe this-

So look around you and tell me what you really see
You live a lie and that's the difference in you and me
I am the power, let me show you what it's all about
It's only me and you! Who is gonna save you now?

Specifically, the "you live a lie" line could mean Infinite could be creating an illusion of events in the game, the characters maybe dare I say it, several locations, making it hard to tell whether the event is actually real. "That's the difference between you and me": Infinite would know the reality, since he's creating the false illusions.

Forces story and events could be just one illusion, assuming Infinite's ability is creating illusions in the first place.

Spoiler

I need to STOP

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the trailer points out just how bad their current voice actors are at emotions that differ from what Sonic Team forced into the franchise over the years. With the cast, especially Sonic, being so limited in how he can express himself, what he's allowed to show, when he tries to be legitimately serious and/or show emotions outside of his usual smug persona it just sounds/feels weird.

Then you have the scene where he says he doesn't even know the villains name and that scene screams Lost World the way Infinite talks and Sonic behaves.

They are still holding the cast back too much, trying to maintain some standard of what they can do in scenes, and it makes the scenes feel awkward and it shows the actors aren't used to doing things beyond what little they usually allow. The emotions in Lost World felt just as awkward because of the company keeping the characters personalities so limited making it difficult for actors to perform right. Sonic getting beaten up even sounds... Generic? Off? You don't really hear the pain he should be expressing, especially when splattered into a wall.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

I definetly agree that Inifinte's Theme is better than Fist Bump.

Fist Bump feels like it's cheesy just for the sake of being cheesy. Not to mention that I've heard the lyrics in that song used in thousands of other songs. There's just nothing special about it.

With Infinite's Theme you got things like, "I'm the sharpest of blades," "That's what it takes to be infinite," etc. Edgy, but that's not a bad thing. Sonic was always meant to be edgy.

I wouldn't say sonic us MEANT to be edgy. What I will say though is if Fist Bump and the rest of the game was as good as capturing that early 00s Sonic Adventure zeitgeist as Infinite's theme is (cheesy but not cringy, edgy but still enjoyable) it would be overall a much easier pill to swallow 

Awesome theme music aside I STILL don't get this game. Everything they show (what little of it they do) just confuses things further and doesn't get me hyped in the slightest. Also getting vibes that the game is nowhere near ready with how much they're holding back and that we may see the game delayed. That cutscene was very lacklustre in design for a current-gen game. 

• Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Awesome theme music aside I STILL don't get this game. Everything they show (what little of it they do) just confuses things further and doesn't get me hyped in the slightest. Also getting vibes that the game is nowhere near ready with how much they're holding back and that we may see the game delayed. That cutscene was very lacklustre in design for a current-gen game. 

My biggest gripe is the animations during the fight scene on top of the generic "oof!" and "gah!" thing going on, it's just kind of...

I guess "standard" is the best way to put it? The way things look like they pause between hits and stuff... There's a smoothness I feel the fight is lacking and the expression of pain is very minimal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Taking in to consideration this cutscene is heavily edited with characters teleporting and such, I'm liking what's been shown. Hopefully the full scene will add more energy.

5 minutes ago, Stasis said:

Taking in to consideration this cutscene is heavily edited with characters teleporting and such, I'm liking what's been shown. Hopefully the full scene will add more energy.

I dunno...

If they tweak the acting and show a little more realistic emotion from getting so badly beaten on Sonic's part I could say I'd be able to fancy the scene.

But... Sonic isn't really SUPPOSED to show emotion so asking Sonic to emphasize more pain is like asking a guy to eat frozen pizza.

You could at least show him stumbling about and holding his stomach or something... Getting smashed into walls and standing up without a single crack in your voice is just kind of... Meh, to me. I like to see Sonic enduring rather than just shrugging off everything like it didn't happen at all.

Maybe I've just seen too many movies...

Infinite would be able to be defeated by Super Sonic just like Solaris in Sonic 2006 which was also an infinite creature. Same with Dark Gaia from Unleashed, after being defeated by Super Sonic and was sealed back into the planet. Another example would be the Time Eater from Sonic Generations. So Infinite ain't so infinite after all.

34 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Infinite would be able to be defeated by Super Sonic just like Solaris in Sonic 2006 which was also an infinite creature. Same with Dark Gaia from Unleashed, after being defeated by Super Sonic and was sealed back into the planet. Another example would be the Time Eater from Sonic Generations. So Infinite ain't so infinite after all.

While the chaos emeralds are the be all and end all of Sonic's world, someone from another dimension might be less vulnerable to them.

11 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

While the chaos emeralds are the be all and end all of Sonic's world, someone from another dimension might be less vulnerable to them.

Kind of like Bill from that Gravity Falls show.

Not much can have an affect on you when you come from a higher plane.

Though if this new character is some kind of virus, it's possible the emeralds don't have much of an affect due to being more like some physi-digital hybrid being.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

I dunno...

If they tweak the acting and show a little more realistic emotion from getting so badly beaten on Sonic's part I could say I'd be able to fancy the scene.

But... Sonic isn't really SUPPOSED to show emotion so asking Sonic to emphasize more pain is like asking a guy to eat frozen pizza.

You could at least show him stumbling about and holding his stomach or something... Getting smashed into walls and standing up without a single crack in your voice is just kind of... Meh, to me. I like to see Sonic enduring rather than just shrugging off everything like it didn't happen at all.

Maybe I've just seen too many movies...

You keep discussing how the characters have a lack of emotions or anything, you have to remember that the cutscenes in the trailer are in game animation, Not the CGI cutscenes like we seen in the other trailers. As with any Sonic game, Forces will have CGI movies, the CGI cutscenes are where the characters emotions and voice acting will be the best, just look at the Unleashed intro and CGI cutscenes toward the end of Unleashed. Now in my opinion the cutscene animation and voice acting is already an improvement over Generations and Lost World, Sonic Boom has really improved the characters voice acting.