Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

6 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

You keep discussing how the characters have a lack of emotions or anything, you have to remember that the cutscenes in the trailer are in game animation, Not the CGI cutscenes like we seen in the other trailers. As with any Sonic game, Forces will have CGI movies, the CGI cutscenes are where the characters emotions and voice acting will be the best, just look at the Unleashed intro and CGI cutscenes toward the end of Unleashed. Now in my opinion the cutscene animation and voice acting is already an improvement over Generations and Lost World, Sonic Boom has really improved the characters voice acting.

That makes no sense. Do great in 3% of the game then let your acting suck for the rest of it?

I don't think that's it.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:27 PM, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Y'know, weird as it may sound, I actually kinda get a kick out of seeing Sonic more visibly struggle with his opponents or the situation he's in

Most good media have their protagonist struggle. Not saying Sonic is good, because honestly, most time, he breezes through it.

So I tried doing the guessing game on the Locations shown in the trailer.

tumblr_inline_otgaayRuea1taxesp_1280.png

... Yeah that's Green Hill. But it's not that damaged, so I guess he appears in Classic Sonic's dimension.

tumblr_inline_otga7tcGAY1taxesp_1280.png

Could be a new zone or an old mechanized zone, I think it could be Chemical Plant.

tumblr_inline_otga8cNFVm1taxesp_1280.png

I think that's a stage from Lost World. Maybe Windy Hill?

tumblr_inline_otgac2aMzb1taxesp_1280.png

That could be another Lost World stage, I keep thinking Honeycomb Highway for some reason.

tumblr_inline_otga9uksYr1taxesp_1280.png

It's either a new zone or an old one. If it's an old one, I keep thinking it’s a zone from Sonic Adventure 2 for some reason…Sandiopolis?

tumblr_inline_otgacz9tJw1taxesp_1280.png

It's most likely a new zone. It looks a bit relic like.

tumblr_inline_otgaelzJ2C1taxesp_1280.png

I…don’t know what place this is, but that thing behind Infinite reminds me of these time gates from Generations.

There’s also this temple/ruin area in the video where Sonic talks to Infinite. Could that be something new or maybe a zone from Unleashed?

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh god, I really hope they don't bring back any old stages. We want new stages for fuck's sake.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Most good media have their protagonist struggle. Not saying Sonic is good, because honestly, most time, he breezes through it.

They only struggle when necessary...Sonic, while not so much struggling, does get inconvenienced most of the time.

That's a fair trade...but in the games we wouldn't have seen anything like this for years.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2017 at 0:20 PM, サイヤ人の王子 said:

I'll take this over what Colors and Lost World gave us, TBH.

I reactivated my account after three years just to like this comment.

• Nice Smile 1

On 7/21/2017 at 3:36 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

You keep discussing how the characters have a lack of emotions or anything, you have to remember that the cutscenes in the trailer are in game animation, Not the CGI cutscenes like we seen in the other trailers. As with any Sonic game, Forces will have CGI movies, the CGI cutscenes are where the characters emotions and voice acting will be the best, just look at the Unleashed intro and CGI cutscenes toward the end of Unleashed. Now in my opinion the cutscene animation and voice acting is already an improvement over Generations and Lost World, Sonic Boom has really improved the characters voice acting.

You know, this remind me of an issue I've been having with the facial animation in recent games. Since Colors the animators have been trying to make the characters emote mainly using their eyelids, leaving Sonic with three basic expressions: Eyes open, eyes closed, and (seemingly the animator's favorite) Garfield style drooping eyes. However, in real life people don't emote using their eyelids, they emote using their eyebrows which, unlike moving the eyelids, causes the entire eye to change shape rather simply making it appear partially closed. It might not sound like a big deal on paper but it severely limits Sonic's range of expression and, combined with the writing and voice acting, often causes characters to come across as insincere or sarcastic even when they're supposed to be displaying genuine emotion.

Case in point:

Garfield-garfield-26077854-262-256.gif

It's not an effect of cutscenes being done in-engine either. They had it right in Unleashed. Hell, they had it right as far back as Adventure 2, on much weaker hardware than we have now, so I have no clue why this is suddenly a problem for them:

• Thumbs Up 6

On 7/22/2017 at 3:16 AM, Detective Kaito said:

Oh god, I really hope they don't bring back any old stages. We want new stages for fuck's sake.

Hmm...

It could be we're going back in time ala Generations to... Possibly "watch" as Infinite collects past villains...

You go to Lost World as he tries to recruit Zavok...

You go to... Wherever when he recruits Chaos...

You go to Green Hill when he tries to get Metal Sonic...

I'm guessing we're going to have a 70-30 new to old stage ratio, maybe 60-40...

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be hilarious if Forces' approach is similar to Mania: more reimagined than new levels. It makes sense somehow in Mania, but in Forces? Call it Generations 2 already, man.