Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

I think this the first Sonic Forces trailer that I'm not negative about. I liked the music, the animation,  and the voice acting. Maybe there is hope for this game's story after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Celestia said:

Infinite's confronting the Avatar, I guess? Seems pretty straightforward.

Or maybe they're about to bump fists and the Avatar's working with the villains all along

Maybe the avatar and Infinite used to be friends but they split ways? Like Buddy's making the fist bump gesture as a sort of "like old times" thing and Infinite's just ready to blast him/her.

That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Looks like a generic confrontation scene. Like, I'm 99% sure Avatar is actually pointing but the camera angle is obscuring his index finger.

• Thumbs Up 9

Avatar is mute so they will have to use over-dramatic poses and dynamic camera angles to keep them interesting. In that scene, that Fist looks to me like a "I'm gonna stop you" gesture.

Same with Classic Sonic too.

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

If that is the Avatar...what in the world is happening in that cutscene?

(Infinite: Buddy... I am your Father!)

(Avatar: I would scream no... But somehow I'm not surprised.)

But you know... that's just a guess. Hahaa

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

For someone pretending he's above all that bitching and moaning you sure don't mind stoking the fires because not everybody's as enthused with this game. I see any more of this shit, you're getting a strike.

Sorry. I lost my temper. I just can't stand how absolutely everything about this game is being picked apart yet Mania's doing a lot of the same "Rehashing" and being showered with praise. It's just getting annoying.

Infinite seems alright for a villain He's menacing enough, and his theme song is appropriately cheesy. Also, the voice is good.

Hearing Sonic's voice was... bleh. Pretty much the only part I don't like is the voice acting of some of the main cast... but that's not going to change, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I do have to wonder what the other villains were doing in the background there.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, SBR2 said:

Sorry. I lost my temper. I just can't stand how absolutely everything about this game is being picked apart yet Mania's doing a lot of the same "Rehashing" and being showered with praise. It's just getting annoying.

That's bound to happen...Mania is using a formula that people just like more.

While this is just doing "things"...don't worry about it.

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Welcome to sonic stadium lol you just got to know how to sail the waters here

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I understand that it can be really frustrating to see something you're hopeful for get totally thrashed by the community while something you have little to no interest in getting lauded for doing things you don't care for; the thing is that a lot of what Forces is doing simply isn't very good, and a lot of what Mania is doing really is. When you look beyond appearances, it's apparent that we're being honest in our critique of both games. This thread isn't the place to extrapolate on everything, but just know that the bulk of us aren't hating for it's own sake. We're reacting as earnestly and honestly as we ever have. 

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_otehrcDZub1w5nuseo4_1280.png

Oh hey, look it's...possibly Silver. What is that behind them?

That's Infinite's big, fluffy, edgy tail.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Whilst Forces is doing some thing different whilst trending on fanfic ground.

Mania is playing it safe. Kind of how like Mario does with its franchise. Though I'm personally unimpressed by Mania as it's little more than a fan-game. As much as I like Tails being actually playable after so long. If only Tails could ever become playable in the 3d games as his adventure style and not some gimmick thrown in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I've ever cringed this hard at a Sonic character before. Dante the Hedgehog here has to be some kind of inside joke. I refuse to believe otherwise. Not even Mephiles or Shadow gave off this much edge in my eyes. Fortunately for my sanity, I'm sure I'll get used to him eventually. His theme only confirms what I've been worried about, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really doubt I'm going to like the music for this game. Don't care about Park Avenue's music, the vocal themes are uninteresting, Classic Green Hill sounds awful and Infinite's theme sounds like a Linkin Park reject. The only track I've enjoyed so far was the Green Hill Boss music. 

The story gives me some cheesy comic book vibes, which I really do like. I'm even getting some Adventure vibes also.

I quickly stopped paying interest about Infinite in the trailer and mainly focused on the second setting. It looks like a hybrid of Labyrinth Zone and Silent Forest. Is this a zone we've already seen in the franchise or is this level completely new? Second guess is that it's just Green Hill at night. Boooring.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Several observations

tumblr_otehrcDZub1w5nuseo4_1280.png

LOL

Thats actually just Infinite's tail

EDIT: Dang it. I got Ninja'd.... or is Infinite so fast he can post ahead of everyone too.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Mania uses old content, but updates it and plays with it in a way that understands the original material and its context, then builds on and enhances it.

Forces doesn't do that. It's just here for pandering. That's the reason one gets praised and the other ain't. Not to mention the gulf in apparently level design quality and such.

2 minutes ago, Azure P said:

Though I'm personally unimpressed by Mania as it's little more than a fan-game.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Thumbs Up 8

That's just it though something many here seem to forget we all like different thing and not everyone just cause some are mods or veterans like the same things. I for one love what both mania and forces is doing. And this has me getting excited for forces again. Some will hate it cause they can without giving a real reason besides it's to edgy or there trying to hard and not rehasing enough. I've been with sonic since the start of the series and I know my opinions may not line up with others regardless I like this villain
op

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Azure P said:

Though I'm personally unimpressed by Mania as it's little more than a fan-game.

boy you trippin' if you think that

bring yo boxing gloves to one of the mania topics and fight me

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, Mania technically is a game made by fans, so...

Anyway, the trailer is weird, but I'm somewhat cautiously optimistic about the story and dialogues aspect of this game now. Like, it'll be over the top as all hell and the tone dissonance is strong, but, I dunno, I just got bored of very light-hearted, actionless Mario-esque shenanigans Colors, Generations and Lost World tried to be. Sure, I still think Unleashed was IMO pretty good with tone balance, but fuck it, if Forces goes over-the-top, I'm in.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Gee, I wonder if Infinite is going to betray Eggman at the last second.

But, he beat Sonic. Why would the ∞ symbol betray Eggman?

16 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_inline_otegzsNx4u1scve8i_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_oteh00xkO11scve8i_540.jpgtumblr_inline_oteh0ndrlB1scve8i_540.jpg

Ahahaha

Yep, this is what Sonic is, now. The trashiest DBZ knockoff.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wish people really would stop saying manywhen referring to the fanbase a lot of use like and want forces. It looks fun and sounds amazing. YouTube and Facebook have more fans accepting of the 3d games.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Gee, I wonder if Infinite is going to betray Eggman at the last second.

Actually, I might have an idea regarding Eggman and Infinite.

I don't think they're necessarily working together, I'd like to believe to Eggman thinks he's working with Infinite when in reality, he never was to begin with.

It just so happens that Egg's ego went up the scale thanks to his victory of conquering the world.

Chaos, Dark Gaia, D6 were different because they genuinely were working together before their anger unleashed on Eggman thus betraying him while Infinite is solo with Eggman wanting to ally with him.

But...you know, dumb theory or whatever...

• Thumbs Up 1