Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

29 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Sorry. I lost my temper. I just can't stand how absolutely everything about this game is being picked apart yet Mania's doing a lot of the same "Rehashing" and being showered with praise. It's just getting annoying.

There are hundreds if not thousands looking forward to forces don't stress so much .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Azure P said:

So basically not Sonic?

Depends on what you think is cool really...like, I like SA2 as much as the next guy but...would you say it was relevant when it came out?

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I wish people really would stop saying manywhen referring to the fanbase a lot of use like and want forces. It looks fun and sounds amazing. YouTube and Facebook have more fans accepting of the 3d games.

The very vocal minority give the illusion that they're the majority is all. They cannot see the merits people enjoy games they don't like.

This thread is a very example of it. Stating my opinion and they wish to "fight" me. I can see why they like it, but not some thing that tickles my fancy. If I want some thing old and classic, I'll go replay the classics. But I want some thing new and interesting. Some thing Forces is offering.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Sorry. I lost my temper. I just can't stand how absolutely everything about this game is being picked apart yet Mania's doing a lot of the same "Rehashing" and being showered with praise. It's just getting annoying.

Not really sure how seeing people complain is annoying to be honest.

You could just...ask...these people why they feel the way they do if your that curious about it though?!

4 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Actually, I might have an idea regarding Eggman and Infinite.

I don't think they're necessarily working together, I'd like to believe to Eggman thinks he's working with Infinite when in reality, he never was to begin with.

A game where Eggman's even less in control of things than usual is the last thing we need...

• Thumbs Up 8

9 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

Depends on what you think is cool really...like, I like SA2 as much as the next guy but...would you say it was relevant when it came out?

I was talking about how 'try hard' Sonic was with his 'cool' attitude when he first came out in the 90s. The whole premise of the Sonic franchise is 'trying to be cool' as many hate on.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Ahahaha

Yep, this is what Sonic is, now. The trashiest DBZ knockoff.

Now?

• Thumbs Up 5

I tried transcribing Infinite's theme. Things got a bit too inaudible for me in the second half, so there might be errors.

Spoiler

Yeah
Yo

I'm the tallest of mountains
I am the roughest of waves
I'm the toughest of terrors
I am the darkest of days
I'm the last one that's standing
Don't try to stand in my way
'Cause I have been up against better
Just take a look at my face
'Cause if you're messing with me
I am a dangerous weapon
I am the sharpest of blades
I'll cut you down in a second
'Cause I was born in this pain
It only hurts if you let it
So if you think you can take me
Then you should go and forget it

And after all this time you're back for more
I won't stop until they know my name
So take whats mine and [?]
I'm coming at you like a tidal wave

When everything you know has come and gone
[?] starting rising higher
The only stars remain are flown away
[?] in the ashes [?]
When there's no one left to carry on
This is an illusion
Open up your eyes and speak
Persist, I can't resist
But that's what it takes to be left for dead

So look around you and tell me what you really see
I'm never ridden, that's the difference to you and me
Cause when your time is up and everything is falling down
It's only me and you - who is gonna save you now?
So look around you and tell me what you really see
You never lie and that's the difference to you and me
I have the power, let me show you what it's all about
It's only me and you - who is gonna save you now?

Just now, SBR2 said:

Now?

Well, okay, it's what he had been becoming for a long time. But it's never been more true now that InfiNazo's here.

• Thumbs Up 1

on one hand, i'm disappointed that this really is generations 2 in all but name. shallow gameplay and all (i love generations, it's my second favorite 3d sonic game after adventure but it is shallow. it's slightly deeper than an auto runner). it would've been nice for them to actually translate classic gameplay into 3d (like sonic utopia did. like that game or not, it does fix a pretty much all of the basic issues of making sonic 3d lke the camera and loops and ramps and wall running. physics in general really.)

on the other hand, they're never going to do that and since they're never going to do that, it's great that they're embracing this game as a clusterfuck. if you know your game is going to be an absolute madhouse you may as well do something with that insanity. sure, infinite is an edgelord to end all edgelords but we're already getting a custom character that opens the floodgates for playable oc's, why not have the mary sue-est mary sue we can and have him be an actual threat so there are stakes? would i have preferred eggman be THE threat in this game? sure, but infinite isn't the deadly six so ill take him. sure, one of them IS in this game but he's not the main threat here. and maybe eggman isn't a bumbling idiot/team rocket in this game. he has conquered the world after all and there actually seem to be consequences to his actions this time. who knows though. i thought the story was going in the right direction when the first lost world trailers were coming out and we saw how that turned out so i'll admit my perspective could be totally off base.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well, okay, it's what he had been becoming for a long time. But it's never been more true now that InfiNazo's here.

You mean Sonic Heroes' Metal Nazo didn't do it for you?

6 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

Not really sure how seeing people complain is annoying to be honest.

You could just...ask...these people why they feel the way they do if your that curious about it though?!

It's annoying because it seems like no matter what this game does this horrid nightmare fandom will only ever be angry.

Seriously this game is returning to the Boost gameplay which most people wanted. Returning to a more adventure style storytelling with a mysterious evil monster. And even with that everyones still pissed off.

I just don't get it.

Just now, SBR2 said:

It's annoying because it seems like no matter what this game does this horrid nightmare fandom will only ever be angry.

Seriously this game is returning to the Boost gameplay which most people wanted. Returning to a more adventure style storytelling with a mysterious evil monster. And even with that everyones still pissed off.

I just don't get it.

There is more nuance to things than "it's Boost gameplay!" This is a fundamental point that I've seen way too many people misunderstand. 

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

I just don't get it.

That's how it has always been. Hell, there were people who complained about Sonic 2 when they added the spin dash because it 'ruined the physics' of the game.

Sonic Forces offers some thing new. People are adverse to change.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's one thing to do something and another to do it well.

Think of it like this: if you went into a fast food restaurant and asked for a burger, and got back the most poorly prepared burger you've ever seen, would you be happy with it, let alone want to eat it? Yes, you technically got what you asked for... but look at it.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't utterly hate the look of Forces.

• Thumbs Up 3

The "vocal minority" y'all speak of is the actually the gaming community at large. Meanwhile the "majority" is just the loudest crowds of scattered Sonic fans across YT, twitter and Facebook (and even a good bit of that crowd is people desperately trying to laugh it off and enjoy it ironically).

Y'all are delusional if you can't see that. Enjoy the game for it's bad qualities if you want, but let it be known.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

If that was actually the case Mania would be getting shit on as well, but it's exactly the opposite.

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

I'm not "most people". I didn't want either of those things. It should be no surprise that people who didn't want this kind of stuff don't like this game.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

I just don't get it.

Simple fact is Mania looks like a better game...

It doesn't matter what features it has, it matters how well they are being used. Given all the E3 showcases and numerous Interviews with Izuka himself...I think its reletevely easy to understand why people think that Forces isn't handling its ideas very well. (I say this as someone who's probably going to enjoy the game anyways, despite me joining in poking fun of it.)

2 Years ago I'd probably be in your exact situation, believe me when I say I know where you coming from!

It seems you have a genuine desire to understand the opposing perspective further though...for the sake of not cluttering up this topic, PM me if you want a more detailed explanation! :D

Infinite's the most anime thing I've ever seen come out of Sonic. But I don't actually mind. I think it's about time Sonic has gotten a new villain that has something really big going on, and the presentation of the cutscenes in Forces is looking like a very welcomed improvement over the completely flat look of the cutscenes in Colours, Gens and Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I just don't get it.

I mean, people who wanted Boost are different from people who didn't. And even then, City Heights does look shallow compared to Generations, so the criticism is valid here. Storytelling is also another thing.

Hell, SSMB is not as bad as gaf, that's for sure. And they're not even fans.

I honestly expected him to sound nothing like that. I literally thought he would sound like Kylo Ren, but NOOOO, they have to make him sound like some shitty fan villain who's voice was done in audacity in less than 5 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Azure P said:

The very vocal minority give the illusion that they're the majority is all. They cannot see the merits people enjoy games they don't like.

This thread is a very example of it. Stating my opinion and they wish to "fight" me. I can see why they like it, but not some thing that tickles my fancy. If I want some thing old and classic, I'll go replay the classics. But I want some thing new and interesting. Some thing Forces is offering.

We're such a minority that people manage to get deep in their feelings every time so new stuff drops that's flawed. You'd think people would utilize the ignore list or have the personal wherewithal to just post about what they like regardless, instead of constantly complaining or trying to people expressing themselves within the boundaries of the rules, if we're really that much of a minority. Alas, here we are yet again, and it gets to the point where one must ask themselves "Who are y'all trying to convince?"

Not that any determinations of who the majority or minority are that people on both sides are pulling out of their asses even matter to the validity of conversations at hand in this particular forum that aren't about explicitly that. What mainly matters is that this kind of meta commentary about opinions and how horrible the people who don't like Forces are is still against the rules and immediately punishable, because we'd rather you guys instead talk about the subject matter at hand rather than flailing around against the phenomenon that is simply different opinions. 

So yeah, do that.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Sgt Jack V said:

I honestly expected him to sound nothing like that. I literally thought he would sound like Kylo Ren, but NOOOO, they have to make him sound like some shitty fan villain who's voice was done in audacity in less than 5 minutes.

I didn't know Audacity could produce whole voices now. I need to upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

It's one thing to do something and another to do it well.

Think of it like this: if you went into a fast food restaurant and asked for a burger, and got back the most poorly prepared burger you've ever seen, would you be happy with it, let alone want to eat it?

Please. No poor fast food analogies. Or else we're getting to the point we're comparing to Mania as Mc Donalds and Forces as a fine dining, sushi restaurant. Not a good analogy, but simply put there are people who don't like trying some thing different. If that makes it easier for you to understand.