Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

3 minutes ago, Azure P said:

The music and the beginning of the trailer is heavily implying that Infinite has a tragic back story.

Yeah but... What makes him edgy?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Yall really have a warped perception of waht "edgy" is I swear XD

brooding, deep voice

black and red color scheme

"lookame, i'm evil and malcontent, i'll kill you"

that's about the extent of the criteria it's met

also, he's really pointy. sharp edges, man.

why are you trying to kill my funnies, i'm trying to cope.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Zavok is saturday morning villian cartoon material at best.

What sucks is that they showed us he has a little of something to him that could be capitalized on so that he isn't just that.

My favorite scene of the Deadly Six is this one from drawloverlala's comic.

B-T:28 by Drawloverlala

I'm officially making this apart of my head canon.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

brooding, deep voice

So if Professor Pickles desk could talk. It would be an edgy Sonic villain?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

So if Professor Pickles desk could talk. It would be an edgy Sonic villain?

Only if it listens to Hoobastank.

• Thumbs Up 4

Personally, I....got nothing. I think everyone who isn't on board or ambivalent to this has said what already needs to be said on Infinite. He and his theme song are like the amalgamation of the community's history of darker and edgier OCs from the mid-2000s, bathed and deep-fried in Mephiles batter. Just...whatever. He's only the tip of the iceberg of what this game is seemingly aiming for.

I will say this though--all of this talk about the game selling well on the basis of it being "for the kids" or being "so bad it's good" seriously escapes me. At the end of the day, this is still Sonic we're talking about--a franchise that has wasted most of its goodwill on mediocre (and rarely, outright poor) games and as a result has a market restricted to only of its most diehard fans. Shallow marketing tactics and design decisions won't be enough to save the game if the final product is once again another mediocre (if not outright poor) effort. The general public and children aren't married to Sonic, and aren't above buying other games they feel are (much) more worthy of their time and money.

(On another note, the whole argument that Forces is "for the kids" doesn't hold much water when we also have classic Sonic and old levels from the Genesis games returning in this game.)

1 hour ago, Dizcrybe said:

I didn't know Audacity could produce voices now. I need to upgrade.

It doesn't actually produce pre-set voices, but you can alter sound clips to however you like, including pitches, reverbs, and other effects.

• Thumbs Up 1

So any theories on what species he is?

He has spines like a hedgehog, but a tail like a fox.

So... Hedgefox? Seeing that was one of the popular hybrids for Sonic OCs back in the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

His shoes have his logo on them, too. What a prick.

And with that, Infinite has almost crossed into "so bad, it's good" territory for me. Sonic Team cannot be so unaware of how ridiculous this character is. It's like an out of touch executive burdened them with the whims of a focus group of 10 year olds, only for the developers to turn around and say "fuck it, we'll go full scale parody". If they fully lean into the cheesy hell that Infi is, this could at least be pretty funny.

I mean, he has a cute fluffy tail. Come on. Come on.

• Thumbs Up 7

19 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

They say it's Liam O' Brien, which I only recognize as the voice of Gaara from Naruto.

Looking at his IMDB, he's voiced a lot of games I've played, but not any roles I'd remember (apparently he also voiced Zazz, so there's that). I guess with the vocal distortion, Infinite sounds like almost any given Turian from Mass Effect.

14 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

brooding, deep voice

latest?cb=20130513183139

sounds kinda familiar donnit? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Azure P said:

So any theories on what species he is?

He has spines like a hedgehog, but a tail like a fox.

So... Hedgefox? Seeing that was one of the popular hybrids for Sonic OCs back in the day.

I still don't think he has an actual species. I said this before, but he's more of a supernatural, metaphysical being, hence the glitchy particle effects and distorted voice. I guess he's a chimera, then?

1 minute ago, Dee Dude said:

latest?cb=20130513183139

we're going through this again, huh 

• Thumbs Up 1

Infinite looks more like he's got scraggly hair than hedgehog spikes. They're too thin and they don't attach to his head like spikes.

I figure he'll just be All Of The Species.

2 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

latest?cb=20130513183139

No. Not to Metal Sonic, anyway.

6 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

sonic_06_c_mephiles_for_mmd_by_sticklove

revenge_of_the_deadly_six__zavok_by_nibr

090414_07.jpg

Sure does.

(Desk has a knife on it).

Real talk.... it is kinda odd how the criteria almost perfectly describes Zavok.

Sonic Team loggie book: black+red+claws+deep voice = evil.

• Thumbs Up 9

I have no issue with other villains besides Eggman one upping Sonic, because let's be real, Eggman would start feeling like Ganon if he was always the one in control. This is why Lost World's climax just falls flat to me. Yea, Eggman ends up being the final boss...for like what, 100th time. Ooohh. And I love Eggman, don't misunderstand, but there is such a thing as a character being overexposed at the expense of everything else, yes this includes the central villain. :V

THAT SAID.

Holy shit, Infinite doesn't do anything for me. 10 years ago, I'd probably be on board with this but the fact they might actually expect us to take this guy seriously in 2017 is asking a LOT. But ya know what, considering Iizuka said they based this entire concept off of pictures sent in by 12 year olds, it's pretty clear where their focus is at. So...hey, 13 year olds get to experience their DBZ OC fanfiction I guess if that's what they're aiming for. Jesus fucking Christ why.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Yeow said:

Personally, I....got nothing. I think everyone who isn't on board or ambivalent to this has said what already needs to be said on Infinite. He and his theme song look like the amalgamation of the community's history of darker and edgier OCs from the mid 2000s, bathed in deep-fried Mephiles batter. Just...whatever. He's only the tip of the iceberg of what this game is seemingly aiming for.

I will say this though--all of this talk about the game selling well on the basis of it being "for the kids" or being "so bad it's good" seriously escapes me. At the end of the day, this is still Sonic we're talking about--a franchise that has wasted most of its goodwill on mediocre (and rarely, outright poor) games and as a result has a market restricted to only of its most diehard fans. Shallow marketing tactics and design decisions won't be enough to save the game if the final product is once again another mediocre (if not outright poor) effort. The general public and children aren't married to Sonic, and aren't above buying other games they feel are (much) more worthy of their time and money.

(On another note, the whole argument that Forces is "for the kids" doesn't hold much water when we also have classic Sonic and old levels from the Genesis games returning in this game.)

It doesn't actually produce pre-set voices, but you can alter sound clips to however you like, including pitches, reverbs, and other effects.

Just a reminder sonic 06 was on the Xbox platinum label at the end of its run

1 hour ago, Dee Dude said:

latest?cb=20130513183139

I like Metal Sonic fine but it is interesting thinking about how he also was never on my list of favorites either. 

The most interesting thing about him was the whole "I've gone insane and think I'm the real Sonic" thing he had going for him and I don't think a lot of people would agree with me on that. 

• Thumbs Up 2