Awoo.

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park vocalist) has commited suicide at 41...

Solister

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

According to TMZ, Chester Bennington, vocalist of Linkin Park has committed suicide in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Bennington was 41.

----

The info was also confirmed by Mike Shinoda (From Linkin Park too)

----

I... I don't know what say... I bought a Julien-K album which will be released in October and Chester would do two tracks for the album, this certainly will be a great loss. :(

I'm not really a fan of Linkin Park but I have a lot of nostalgia for them.  My brothers were really into them, and so I still have a lot of their older works branded into my mind.

Rest well, Chester.  In the end, you mattered to a lot of people.

Words can't even describe just how sad this makes me, only thing I can say is R.I.P chester, you were probably one of the most awesome singers that I knew from my childhood until now and I and many others will miss you greatly ;(

Holy shit wow. This hits me hard. I'm not as big of a fan as LP as I once was but I still can't believe this has happened. Think I might go out and buy Hunting Party today in his memory.

R.I.P. Chester. Hope you've found your happiness in the afterlife. :(

Not surprised.  I didn't know him too well and I was not a fan of his band.  Out of respect, R.I.P.  He also died on Chris Cornell's birthday.  They were close friends.

RIP, Chester Bennington. What an awful way to go and so young too. I remember listening to Linkin Park growing up and I believe re-listening to some of their songs tonight is in order.

not much of an LP fan but hearing someone people loved and looked up to is really sad to hear. the songs his band produced made thousands of people happy, ironically or unironically. in the end, his work really did matter to a lot of people.

rest in peace, chester.

I was a huge fan of the band back in my younger days. With hybrid Theory being my all time favorite.  I always loved the lead singers voice too. Terrible to know what he had to go through with. Very tragic. r.i.p. 

this makes me insanely sad bc i used to love their songs back when i was an edgy teen. i'm sad to see him go. i know he meant a lot to a lot of people.

This hurts. Linkin Park is such a fun guilty pleasure to me, honestly. I'm so sorry he's gone. :(

I'm not really thrilled with how it turned out, honestly, but I actually made a little tribute using the Sonic character we all know was a fan of his work and some lyrics from their song Forgotten.

tumblr_otfbf4YaBO1sh865qo1_540.png

RIP.

• Thumbs Up 5

Heard this earlier, was definitely a shock. I don't listen to Linkin Park much anymore, but they have a few songs that I still enjoy and feel nostalgic to hear once in a while (hell, I still sing along to "In the End" whenever I hear it on the radio). I personally preferred Chester's works with Shinoda and thought his voice complemented Shinoda's raps well. Though I will say Bennington's "What I've Done" is probably my favorite solo track he did with the band. This is probably my favorite song of theirs, like, ever

Still sounds great to me after so long.

RIP, Chester.

This was some sad and shocking news to hear. Linkin Park was actually the band that got me really into music in the first place, and while I don't listen to them nearly as much anymore, In the End, What I've Done, Burn it Down, Somewhere I Belong, I'll Be Gone, Faint, and Numb still remain some of my absolute favourite songs by them. 

Rest in Peace Chester.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shit, I was just thinking a couple of days ago about how sad a day it'd be if/when any member of Linkin Park were to die.

I love a lot of their music. He will be sorely missed. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

My first gig was Linkin Park, back in 2003. They were touring Meteora, and I was ecstatic that night.

I may not have liked anything they did past that, but damn. This is a bigger shock to me than Chris Cornell.

It's possible that his suicide may have been a direct reaction to Chris Cornell's suicide.  According to Wiki (on mobile so I'm too lazy to post proper links), Chester had been very disheartened over Chris' passing and couldn't finish the song they played in his honor.  The fact that he decided to go through with it on Chris's birthday was another sequence in the pattern.

It's so touching to know just how close they were.  And yet it's so heartbreaking to see how it all ended.  I hope the two are singing together in that big stage in the sky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well shiz.

I used to listen to Linkin Park songs as well. Numb, What I've done, In the End, Faint, Easier to Run, Castle of Glass...

He'll be missed. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Linkin Park had a profound effect on our generation. Growing up, I remember around the time of their rise everything was mostly boy band and sweet pop. In comes this band called Linkin Park with a completely different style and actually connected with us teenagers who were going through lots of shit at the time. I remember In The End being played constantly and how everyone knew the lyrics by heart. While I myself am not a big heavy-style music person or the biggest Linkin Park fan, I very much appreciate how much they have influenced and helped others through their music.

Having lost a family friend due to suicide, this news hits me even harder. It was something I never saw coming and it was heart wrenching for her mother to go through. I still think about him to this day.

• Thumbs Up 1