Awoo.

Do You Think Infinite Is A Virus?

Chris Knopps

Back in the now terminated Archie series of the franchise, Eggman, or Robotnik if you prefer, once created a virus called A.D.A.M by accident who took on  a "father" and "son" kind of relationship with the doctor. Living to impress its creator using whatever means necessary, even if it eventually meant overthrowing the doctor in the long run to show his superiority as Eggman/Ronotnik's greatest creation.

I think Infinite in Forces could be something similar, some kind of being created by Eggman/Robotnik either on purpose or by total accident, and is now being used to help power his massive armada that's conquering the world, and the reason we have the other villains and even Shadow potentially following Infinite is this new villains means of proving his superiority over Eggman/Robotnik's former partners by either manipulation of their minds as some speculate or using his power to instill some kind of submission.

We've seen this idea toyed with through Metal Sonic as well back in Sonic Heroes when Metal took over Eggman/Robotnik's entire army and sealed him away while Metal essentially "showed off" how superior he was to his creator.

Somehow it's possible Eggman/Robotnik created this Infinite virus which now powers his "Forces" if you'll pardon the pun. The question is how, why, and is it possible this virus is actually attached to a living person the way A.D.A.M. attached itself to Sonic's old friend Tommy Turtle in the Archie series?

Share in this speculation if you like, and lets hear whether you like this idea, or the opposite.

infinite_the_wolf__by_dredgeth-dbcm8t2.j

Could Infinite...

Tommyadam.png

Be the new A.D.A.M. of the game canon?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

I think he's cancer

...Well then.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

We have no reason to think that Infinite is a virus.

Going by his design, his aura, and the general "digital/cube" kind of power he emits, that's where I get the idea, and his voice as well has a digital vibe/theme to it.

To be honest, I expected crazier ideas from this thread.  I came in expecting to read that Eggman turned the whole world into a game world and wrote a virus to take it over, and that's how Infinite has infinite power and can glitchwash Shadow et al., and Classic Sonic is literally from Mania the game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I doubt it. We won't know unless we get more information.

I wouldn't say being a virus is out of the question, but it's kinda overdone in other media considering we also have Phage in Post Archie and Nominatus in Boom.

Sure, we haven't had one in the gameverse but still.

I just pray they give him a backstory in the game and not appearing out of nowhere like the D6.

30 minutes ago, FFWF said:

To be honest, I expected crazier ideas from this thread.  I came in expecting to read that Eggman turned the whole world into a game world and wrote a virus to take it over, and that's how Infinite has infinite power and can glitchwash Shadow et al., and Classic Sonic is literally from Mania the game.

So... This idea is disappointing?

Trying to garner discussion on the concept.

Glitch is the infamous debug mode from the classics finally given a stable body.

If you payed close attention, he first experimented with the waterfalls in emerald hill to create one of his forms. The results were too unstable so he cursed the waterfalls and that's why we have sand in green hill.

He tries again with a white echidna body but was too glitchy. At least He was able to retain his white spines that you can also see on him now. 

Something about him seems organic to me despite the glitching and pixel effects. I think it has something to do with the way he moves and presents himself and the "hints" of his backstory from the song. He seems like an emotional being, is what I'm saying. I know A.I.s can have plenty of emotion in fiction, but it seems it usually isn't presented in such a straightforwardly organic-esque way in the Sonic games. Gamma, Omega, Metal Sonic and the like usually "act" and "talk" like robots in one way or another. I could be forgetting things a bit though, it just seems to me he wouldn't have quite this presentation if he was digital, but I could easily be wrong.

17 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

So... This idea is disappointing?

Trying to garner discussion on the concept.

I wouldn't call it disappointing. It's actually one of your better ones that stays more on the point of things.  

Does seem conceivable to a certain point.