Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I remember her last full appearance was in the Archie Sonic Universe Pirate arc and she would’ve appeared in the second part of that issue with Blaze and Bunnie. 

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It wasn't all to long ago that they danced around outright claiming Marine giving Sonic the name Mr. Needlemouse....

Cool. Was a little worried about her.

I just read about that in the comics yeah. Shortly after the metal virus saga ended. Funny little tidbit.

That does make me reminisce the fact that the amnesia plot of Sonic being shot right into Blaze's dimension was a bit awkward. It was on one hand mercifully short, but on the other I would have liked to take a deeper look into the IDW Blaze world.

The annual might give us that.

14 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It wasn't all to long ago that they danced around outright claiming Marine giving Sonic the name Mr. Needlemouse....

Cool. Was a little worried about her.

I mean, it was explained pretty immediately why there was that dance- that it was the end of the story and Sega don't want characters introduced as just quick cameos at the end of a story, they want them with a proper introduction. And now she's a focus on a short story in an annual. It all tracks, don't get why you'd have been worried.

• Thumbs Up 7

*rubs temple* i swear. I know he will be good for a little based on the cover and all that but god please I am still in the Let Kit stay evil camp.

And I love how the comics do Metal more justice than the games so far.

I know I build myself up for disappointment with these theories, but, Kit being bundled with Sonic & co and starting to bond with them because they’re actually nice to him, treat him like he actually matters, and y’know… generally put themselves at risk to save him (see preview pages). And we start to see a different Kit emerging who responds to this unexpected positive attention and interactions and starts to smile properly etc. And Sonic thinks that this time giving a ‘bad guy’ a chance actually pays off. Hurrah!

…Only for Surge to reappear one issue later and - whether due to choice or pre-programming - Kit just immediately ditches the heroes and turns on them after they thought they’d got through to him. Yes I’d take some of that please. Probably won’t happen though.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, Darkvizardberrytan said:

*rubs temple* i swear. I know he will be good for a little based on the cover and all that but god please I am still in the Let Kit stay evil camp.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:00 AM, caitash said:

I know I build myself up for disappointment with these theories, but, Kit being bundled with Sonic & co and starting to bond with them because they’re actually nice to him, treat him like he actually matters, and y’know… generally put themselves at risk to save him (see preview pages). And we start to see a different Kit emerging who responds to this unexpected positive attention and interactions and starts to smile properly etc. And Sonic thinks that this time giving a ‘bad guy’ a chance actually pays off. Hurrah!

…Only for Surge to reappear one issue later and - whether due to choice or pre-programming - Kit just immediately ditches the heroes and turns on them after they thought they’d got through to him. Yes I’d take some of that please. Probably won’t happen though.

Having finally got through the imposter syndrome issues and episode 50 and 51 I don't think that'll happen. Kit hasn't shown any particular violent or 'evil-guy' traits other than a kneejerk anger reaction whenever Surge got hurt or gotten in danger.

That's not to say he can't turn evil. Let's say the above happens and Kit learns what it means to have thoughts and more importantly choices of his own. Get a sense there is more to kit than just going yes ma'am, will do ma'am.  Then Surge shows up and Kit will have a dilemma of personality. Stay loyal to hypnosis, to programming, to dominant behaviour traits, to Surge. Or a mental breakdown, because honest... I don't see him turn good per se.

Kit at best is neutral, anti hero at most.

Surge on the other hand could actually turn good if she learns more about who she was. Her minds been warped to hate Sonic's guts, she knows the why, but it's not HER choice that she hates Sonic. Although she did make it her choice to take it out on the world, because its the world that got them into this broken state in the first place. The world is responsible for their pain, their scars, how they've been treated by Starline.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm probably only one thinking about this, but anyone has good name for last arc?

1-12 Neo Saga

13-32 Metal Virus

33-50 ????

Best I got is "Starline Remaster" since that was name of late Doctor master plan.

• Nice Smile 1

On 8/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, Duelistic Nature said:

Having finally got through the imposter syndrome issues and episode 50 and 51 I don't think that'll happen. Kit hasn't shown any particular violent or 'evil-guy' traits other than a kneejerk anger reaction whenever Surge got hurt or gotten in danger.

That's not to say he can't turn evil. Let's say the above happens and Kit learns what it means to have thoughts and more importantly choices of his own. Get a sense there is more to kit than just going yes ma'am, will do ma'am.  Then Surge shows up and Kit will have a dilemma of personality. Stay loyal to hypnosis, to programming, to dominant behaviour traits, to Surge. Or a mental breakdown, because honest... I don't see him turn good per se.

Kit at best is neutral, anti hero at most.

Surge on the other hand could actually turn good if she learns more about who she was. Her minds been warped to hate Sonic's guts, she knows the why, but it's not HER choice that she hates Sonic. Although she did make it her choice to take it out on the world, because its the world that got them into this broken state in the first place. The world is responsible for their pain, their scars, how they've been treated by Starline.

Looks around confused. He literally tells Tails how much water, and how long it takes to drown someone and that it wont take long to basically kill him.......and that's not evil? Well boy howdy.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

Looks around confused. He literally tells Tails how much water, and how long it takes to drown someone and that it wont take long to basically kill him.......and that's not evil? Well boy howdy.

Well, who are we to define good and evil? It's not a nice thing to say, but isolated, it's only a fact.

8 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

Agreed, Kit can do evil, he's competent to commit atrocities. But has Kit really decided himself he wanted to kill Tails? His orders were to keep Tails busy so Surge could finish of Sonic without interference from the high flying sidekick.

Its Surge her ultimate goal to take out her outrage on everything and everyone. Kit is hardwired, coded, hypnotised to follow her every. single. order.

That's why you see Kitsunami suddenly have a mental breakdown the moment Tails tries to talk it out because Kit has to decide for himself what he should do. Untill Tails mentions they should find Surge and Sonic and then Kits programming kicks backs in.

Kitsunami is a drone doing what he's ordered to do without any personal morality. His morality is decided by others. He's evil and will do evil because others tell him to be evil.

11 hours ago, Duelistic Nature said:

Agreed, Kit can do evil, he's competent to commit atrocities. But has Kit really decided himself he wanted to kill Tails? His orders were to keep Tails busy so Surge could finish of Sonic without interference from the high flying sidekick.

Its Surge her ultimate goal to take out her outrage on everything and everyone. Kit is hardwired, coded, hypnotised to follow her every. single. order.

That's why you see Kitsunami suddenly have a mental breakdown the moment Tails tries to talk it out because Kit has to decide for himself what he should do. Untill Tails mentions they should find Surge and Sonic and then Kits programming kicks backs in.

Kitsunami is a drone doing what he's ordered to do without any personal morality. His morality is decided by others. He's evil and will do evil because others tell him to be evil.

We're defined by what we do, not by what we think.

Anyway, we agree: he's evil.

From the IDW Twitter

FaDymKOWAAADPLf?format=jpg&name=medium

Who's up for a @sonic_hedgehog garden party?? 

Sonic the Hedgehog Annual 2022, featuring six new stories!

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

From the IDW Twitter

LOL! Look at Charmy!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing Eggman fears... is charmy with a pair of hedge shears

Edited by Duelistic Nature
Forgot a word
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 2

22 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

From the IDW Twitter

Wit dem tails doll eyes:

Tails_Doll.png.61c3013ada4b24f1b37cc424afc0d6e0.png

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Charmy seems to be more dangerous to everyone than Surge right now!

Give it a couple more issues. Lets see how tough she is then...

54 minutes ago, Duelistic Nature said:

The only thing Eggman fears... is charmy with a pair of hedge shears

He's only just got over being stung like crazy in Heroes' Chaotix ending! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/13/2022 at 2:53 PM, Sonictrainer said:

From the IDW Twitter

Look out people, Charmy's got the garden clippers/hedge shears. And he's nuts.

My boy Charmy's got them "This is fine" dog eyes. 

He's about to make things very not fine though.

• Chuckle 3