Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I really hope we get some decent colorists and inkers this time.

Cassista and Austin made such an ugly combination.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the comic tieing in more closely to the games.

It's tying it closer to the brand image, as minute a detail as it is. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes! I was hoping they'd use the brand logo for the new comic instead of the dull, drab logo Archie used for so long. Much more dynamic, I think.

And here's the finalized Yardley cover for issue 1.

XAkCafm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Do IDW have a worldwide subscription service or are they stuck in the stone ages like Archie and only service one territory?

Also nice work on the CW banner being added to the top for an Archie feel. Just need to add "Based on the runaway smash hit Sonic Forces" to give that false advertising Sonic Boom comic launch feeling lol

I like Tracy's better, but mostly because it's less stylized and more traditional. More a stylistic preference than anything.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the logo itself but after seeing the original picture without it, I think the real issue is that it's too fucking huge. It only mildly bothered me that Tails' ear was being cut off by it but it's covering ALL of Eggman. 

At the same time, it's kind of hard to be mad about it personally. I always wonder how hard it is to compose a cover that needs a continuing logo on the front of it. There's ways to make it apart of the piece but other times it can ruin it. I suppose it helps to have access to the original pieces though.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Another teaser.

FB_IMG_1516667206048.jpg

Man I love Sonic's face in that image. It just reeks of that classic Sonic attitude that he's known for. At least IDW's nailing Sonic's personality so far.

You know what? Screw it.

It’s definitely a girl, it’s legs look very feminine and the bottom almost look like boots.

The top could be a bow but I’m betting on hair because of it’s fluffy appearance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, it has to be a Freedom Fighter, right? Like, they wouldn’t keep on being so intentionally vague about their inclusion and then launch this silhouette ad just for it to not be a Freedom Fighter, right?

They would’ve just told us by now if the Freedom Fighters were gone, so we wouldn’t be filled with false hope… right?

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Kellan said:

I mean, it has to be a Freedom Fighter, right? Like, they wouldn’t keep on being so intentionally vague about their inclusion and then launch this silhouette ad just for it to not be a Freedom Fighter, right?

They would’ve just told us by now if the Freedom Fighters were gone, so we wouldn’t be filled with false hope… right?I a

I love your logic right here, i hope you are right, I HOPE U R RIGHT!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I'd be fine with it being Sally... as long as it's StC reporter girl Sally.

But I think it's more likely that it's just a brand new character.

Still not buying that it's a new character. I'm sorry, I just don't see the point in them dragging it out like this if the reveal isn't going to be something that'd make fans go "oh my god no way!"

• Fist Bump 1

I'm reminded of the red shoe, the purple glove, and the blue shoe from when the New252 was getting started by this whole thing.

42 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Another teaser.

FB_IMG_1516667206048.jpg

Yeah, if it wasn't for the weird tails/wing thing Sonic is grabbing on, I'd be shocked if it wasn't someone along the lines of Sally or Antoine.

I dunno, I feel like they might want to emphasize that this is a new era for Sanic comics, so they'd want to hype up the reveal of a new character. Having it just be a Freedom Fighter would basically say "hey look it's familiar archie things. again."

Then again some people want that so whatever.

That article mentions Sonic's "classic allies" (Tails and presumably Knuckles and Amy -- I know people will roll their eyes, but this is the first arc and it makes sense to start with the most iconic characters) and brand new characters, so I'm still leaning towards this being someone new.

If they do bring back the FF, they should do it down the line a bit, to avoid this new comic just feeling like Archie 3.0 right off the bat.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a point though; who is the teaser really aimed for? Is it the old guard who are vying on returning characters, or new comic fans who would be excited at the prospect of any character at all?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

That is a point though; who is the teaser really aimed for? Is it the old guard who are vying on returning characters, or new comic fans who would be excited at the prospect of any character at all?

We wont know untill it happens, but I get the feeling this is one of those things somoene thought was really cool and thinks the audience is gonna think its cool. But in reality folks are gonna say " whens_______ " and kind of ignore the entire everything you set up. Not saying its gonna be bad, but much like the games themselves they haven't really earned a right to be teasing stuff, just show me a comic with sonic characters in it

• Thumbs Up 1