Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm interesting my the last bullet point. Is it just me or does it sound like these new characters could appear in the games?

Doubt it.

I think it just means new characters being introduced to the series for the comic book.

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm interesting my the last bullet point. Is it just me or does it sound like these new characters could appear in the games?

Nah, they just mean the Sonic franchise canon in general. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If it's a new character they plan on playing a big part in the story it makes sense to hype them up. Similar things were done for characters like the Deadly Six in the past.

I'm betting on it being a new character.

• Thumbs Up 6

They said that they would introduce new characters, so why not introduce them in a hype manner? Still think is a new character. Why would they introduce new important characters later? Is better this way, so we can have time to warm up to him/her.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

They said that they would introduce new characters, so why not introduce them in a hype manner? Still think is a new character. Why would they introduce new important characters later? Is better this way, so we can have time to warm up to him/her.

I'm gonna laugh so much if that happens...

1 minute ago, Korke said:

I'm gonna laugh so much if that happens...

Why though? As Josh said, they did that with the Deadly Six. Hyping up a new character is nothing new.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's funny because so many people are expecting it to be Sally or something, when I'm pretty sure at this point it isn't, if only because I really don't think he'd drag her by the tail.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

They said that they would introduce new characters, so why not introduce them in a hype manner? Still think is a new character. Why would they introduce mew important characters later? Better now.

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

Why though? As Josh said, they did that with the Deadly Six. Hyping up a new character is nothing new.

I would imagine because the d6's reception was... not great to say the least. So at least in my mind, them doing it again to only be met with "Who cares about this group/person " would kind of be funny

I'm hoping for not to be Sally.

I would love if she was in as a secondary character, but as Sonic's love interest again? No way. Unless their relationship is the same as the reboot.

Just now, PC the Hedgehog said:

Hmmmmm...what could this mean...?

If it means DrawLoverLala getting onto the comic, I’m going to be absolutely hyped. Love her artwork and would be so happy if she got into the comic.

• Thumbs Up 9

Does anyone have examples of her work. All i saw was a tumblr post someone used of some rouge reskins and a odd looking shadow that was green.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Does anyone have examples of her work. All i saw was a tumblr post someone used of some rouge reskins and a odd looking shadow that was green.

She has an art topic on the Showcase forum. 

I also hope that the book will have some high stakes (but not TOO high) at some point so that the book won't get dull.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Why though?

Because the book is not even out yet and we would already have a OC, and my prediction to the SEGA purists will become true even sooner than I thought.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think my biggest fear about the IDW comics is that the writing is going to be along the lines of the happy go lucky Sonic that we know today and will be nothing like the more serious Archie's series.

15 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I think my biggest fear about the IDW comics is that the writing is going to be along the lines of the happy go lucky Sonic that we know today and will be nothing like the more serious Archie's series.

A. Forces. Even Mania is more serious than Lost World was, as well. 

B. Boom is dying, and other than social media (which now does a lot more teasers than just random gags)  that was the big proponent of that’s sort of humor in the franchise. 

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

A. Forces

Gotta disagree with you there. Besides the premise, Forces doesn't really come off as that serious, and every time that it did, it felt out of place. Archie had stakes that FELT like stakes. But that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Gotta disagree with you there. Besides the premise, Forces doesn't really come off as that serious, and every time that it did, it felt out of place. Archie had stakes that FELT like stakes. But that's just my opinion.

Forces’s existence indicates that ST at least want to do darker stories involving the character, and regardless, it’s more sinister than Lost World, Colors, Gens, 4, or even Mania in feel.