Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

And here's the other two variants in better quality- by Natalie and Tyson respectively.

tumblr_p7o1mxpRek1rplhyso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p7ocun2HnR1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

What is up with the colors in the second one tho???

• Thumbs Up 5

Her not praising him is a welcome change of pace, but are there many other super fast blue hedgehogs around that he'd need to introduce himself for her to recognize him? Idk maybe Sonic's World is a big place.. hedgehogs all look alike.. idk

Welp that's the answer for if wrapping her tail around them to make them explode would hurt. Just slightly singed

• Thumbs Up 3

Something about this series I’ve noticed in comparison to Archie is that they don’t rely on footnotes.

”*see issue 1” etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Something about this series I’ve noticed in comparison to Archie is that they don’t rely on footnotes.

”*see issue 1” etc.

I mean, given that Issue one was less than a month again, I could see yhat.

Also, is it just me or does Tangle seem like one of those adorable characters, especially with how awkward her hand gestures seem when talking with Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

”*see issue 1” etc.

That’s probably because it doesn’t have almost 300 issues building off past events.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

43 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

She did give him praise...

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

Very light tho

It isn't excessive like saying that nearly dying is worth meeting Sonic and getting wink and autograph from him.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

It isn't excessive like saying that nearly dying is worth meeting Sonic and getting wink and autograph from him.

She's not a civilian, so...it didn't need to be "excessive" or whatever word.

49 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

She did give him praise...

She said she always wanted to meet him and that's about the extent of it.

Also OMG She's adorable. "Woo! And ow. Woo and ow." made me instantly fall in love with this character.

”*see issue 1” etc.

I don't think too many Publishers still use them to the extent Archie does. I think they're getting rarer nowadays.

23 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

That’s probably because it doesn’t have almost 300 issues building off past events.

That didn’t stop self-contained Archie Sonic series’ like Sonic X and Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

the last two issue 4 preview pages

I wondered why they took so long to put them up

Dbil0_7W0AAubJA.jpg

Dbil1b3X0AAmU72.jpg

Sigh...no wonder that image looked a little weird--it wasn't a cover.

That expression to how her tail was effected is funny.

What gangs?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Also, is it just me or does Tangle seem like one of those adorable characters, especially with how awkward her hand gestures seem when talking with Sonic?

Not quite how she was described, I noticed.

I wonder if this town is going to get a name?

It gains a slight bit of importance by being Tangle's hometown.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That didn’t stop self-contained Archie Sonic series’ like Sonic X and Sonic Boom.

Eh, might just be an Archie vs IDW thing.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I wonder if this town is going to get a name?

It gains a slight bit of importance by being Tangle's hometown.

Tangle's Hometown

Village of Tangle

Lemur Village

• Chuckle 1

Something about the first pages bottom panel that has always bugged me ever since it was teased back in January is how deformed Sonic’s right hand looks.

12 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Something about the first pages bottom panel that has always bugged me ever since it was teased back in January is how deformed Sonic’s right hand looks.

Well that's a mean thing to say, I bet your hand isn't exactly model material either

Okay yeah, it does look like hands end and his fingers begin a bit further up than they should.

• Thumbs Up 1

I somehow got issue 4 today, I don't know how but whatever, this comic was awesome.

Blaze was in no way overshadowed by Tangle, and Tangle was just a really cool character, I don't know how to explain her personality, but is great. Blaze's characterization is also on point.

Overall, just as good as the second issue. 10/10 by me.

Screenshot_2018-04-24-13-21-36.png

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

10 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

I somehow got issue 4 today, I don't know how but whatever, this comic was awesome.

Blaze was in no way overshadowed by Tangle, and Tangle was just a really cool character, I don't know how to explain her personality, but is great. Blaze's characterization is also on point.

Good for you.

Blaze is made of fire, there's no way she could be overshadowed by anyone...

Except...Big the Cat and Vector and other taller characters...

Now she just needs a reason for being here...

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

LUCKY

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I don't think too many Publishers still use them to the extent Archie does. I think they're getting rarer nowadays.

Yeah, Archie Sonic had them a lot more frequently than most books I've read from other companies. Even post-reboot managed to do it a lot by virtue of adding "*See [game]." to the mix too (which I was half-expecting to see in this too, I'm kinda surprised that's not the case).

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What gangs?

He's referring to the groups of badniks. XP

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

I'm guessing you got it digitally? If so, I can see how that might happen, they probably upload issues in advance by at least a day and mistakes do happen after all. I'm curious if you're the only one this happened to though...

• Thumbs Up 1