Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Shadowlax said:

There are a lot of kids and teens who like sonic along with a lot of adults who either don't know or will throw away their knowledge of how ...like relationships work to push a ship. Its why I have never thought rouge and knuckles was ever a good ship ever

Translation: Shadouge ftw.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Translation: Shadouge ftw.

Eh? No? Like I don't really care if shadow or rouge are in a relationship, or just friendship. Whatever it is, its a lot more than most characters have with eachother. 

Also the true ship is shadow and Blaze. They will have grumpy fire babies. Learn the lore

• Chuckle 1

28 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

She last teased Knuckles in Colors DS. And they still allowed romance in Boom.

Say whaaaaat. I never touched colors on ds. I'll need to look it up

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Eh? No? Like I don't really care if shadow or rouge are in a relationship, or just friendship. 

I know, I'm just messin with ya'll.

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Also the true ship is shadow and Blaze. They will have grumpy fire babies. Learn the lore

Oh, well scuse me! :lol: 

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Anyone else remember that time Espio showed consern for Nicole after Mina's consert and people instantly decided they were in love and absolutely nobody questioned that?

Just saying.

Most people here wouldn't, because that was primarily Bumbleking. 

That was probably from those readers (who were primarily adults on BK for ref, Shadowlax) interpreting that one panel in that particular way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Most people here wouldn't, because that was primarily Bumbleking. 

That was probably from those readers (who were primarily adults on BK for ref, Shadowlax) interpreting that one panel in that particular way. 

And that's my point. People are interpreting Tangle as a lesbian due to how they read into the image no different than the Espio/Nicole thing. But it's...interesting how when that interpretation is a queer one it's fought against a bunch.

again just saying. 

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

And that's my point. People are interpreting Tangle as a lesbian due to how they read into the image no different than the Espio/Nicole thing. But it's...interesting how when that interpretation is a queer one it's fought against a bunch.

again just saying. 

Well, considering one of the characters involved...

59 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

again just saying. 

Hey, you're not gonna see me fight it. I fought against the Espio/Nicole one harder (as in any degree whatsoever), but that sort of ended itself with SU#50. 

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Hey, you're not gonna see me fight it. I fought against the Espio/Nicole one harder (as in any degree whatsoever), but that sort of ended itself with SU#50. 

Because Shard?

So, where do y'all think it'll head to next? Will it break away from the structure of the first 4, or will it keep it the same?

If Tangle ends up being lesbian, it would NEVER be explicit. But at the same time Ian could give hints that could be interpreted either way. The biggest sign of what I can think is if Tangle blushed around Blaze and became really awkward. (Whichwouldbereallycuteandiwouldcraveforamomentlikethat)

• Thumbs Up 2

If you mean the 4-part story arc format, it’s already going to do that after the “Fate of Doctor Eggman” story, which is a two-parter.

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, where do y'all think it'll head to next? Will it break away from the structure of the first 4, or will it keep it the same?

The next story is a 2-parter, so it's inevitable it'll be a different structure. 

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

If Tangle ends up being lesbian, it would NEVER be explicit. But at the same time Ian could give hints that could be interpreted either way. The biggest sign of what I can think is if Tangle blushed around Blaze and became really awkward. (Whichwouldbereallycuteandiwouldcraveforamomentlikethat)

Ian has proven that he’s able to write subtextual same-sex stuff with Salcole, so I have no worries.

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Ian has proven that he’s able to write subtextual samesex stuff, if the Salcole reveal is anything to go by.

hm... To be honest I read Spark of Life and while I ship those two, I didn't see anything too substantial.

(If Tangle and Blaze become the new Sally and Nicole I would be totally okay with that)

Even knowing what Ian was going for, I can' t read their interactions in that issue as more than just being close friends.  So.. idk he should try harder to make it clearer next time.

• Thumbs Up 4

25 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm expecting it to be the same for like a year. 

Why would it break formula, I mean chaotix and shadow are next, why break the formula at this point

20 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

hm... To be honest I read Spark of Life and while I ship those two, I didn't see anything too substantial.

(If Tangle and Blaze become the new Sally and Nicole I would be totally okay with that)

15 minutes ago, Razule said:

Even knowing what Ian was going for, I can' t read their interactions in that issue as more than just being close friends.  So.. idk he should try harder to make it clearer next time.

To be honest, I didn't either. Granted, that was just what little I could observe from megabeatman's review a fair while back, but still.

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm expecting it to be the same for like a year. 

Why would it break formula, I mean chaotix and shadow are next, why break the formula at this point

I mean, it looks different. It seems like from the solicitations that the two-parter is an ongoing story, with Sonic meeting Eggman (instead of just smashing robots) and the second issue is Sonic apparently protecting Eggman from Shadow. Just because we see a different character DOES NOT mean it will follow the same story structure. In fact, the Chaotix are set to reappear in issue 6 after issue 5.

• The title was changed to IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog
12 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Oh, no obviously not. I could see at most her having a canonical Girlfriend but that being the extent of it.

Well as others have said "Return of Dr. Eggman" appears to be a 2 issue arc but the fact the Chaotix carry over into part 2 makes me think the "Sonic Goes somewhere meets a friend fights a Robot" part is done and the book is going to focus on the Mystery Villain and what happened to the Chaotix. Ian did say every issue would introduce a new character so I'm betting we'll still see that to an extent but I'm doubting that formula is going to be exactly like the first arc.

Just got finished with issue 4. Again , great stuff and actually like Tangle's character a lot , that tail of heres did way more than i expected to. Blaze turning up was just a cool moment , her involvement also could lead us down many avenues. The ending was perfect and leaves me wanting more. Really looking forward to issue 5.