Jump to content
Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread


Dejimon11
 Share

Recommended Posts

Shadowlax

i'm not gonna pretend to agree with most of their points

i'm just saying I get if your character didn't get in the video game, maybe not having the new character be there would have made some folks happier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the negative reception towards Tangle came before her debut issue even came out, at least from my observations here on this forum. Some people reacted negatively to her reveal, how her silhouette resembled Sally, and then some others reacted negatively to the amount of focus she had in promotional material. I heard a lot of people saying how she'd be the main focus of the issue, with how Blaze was more in the background of promo stuff.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sonic Fan J
38 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

 

42 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

But that's more so she "ruined" the comic by not being Sally. 

How can one ruin the comic by only appearing in one issue though?  Then again how can one ruin the comic before said comic even comes out?  I try not to understand those types of people, it boggles the mind to no end...

Some of its that. 

Some of it " she ruined the comic by stealing blazes thunder" which at least I kiiiinda get in the sense that if my favorite character didn't appear in a game, and had to play 2nd fiddle to the new guy, I would kinda be upset to. But I don't think she ruined the book

Some of it is people don't like her vibe, characterization attitude

Some of it were people who hadn't seen the previews picked up the fourth book and thought she kinda looked bad

These are the reasons I saw

Considering how much I enjoyed Tangle and her in over her head goofiness I find some of this sad. But just to be more organized in my reaction...

Since the FFs are supposedly still open to future use the not being Sally complaint is silly, especially since Tangle is not meant to be Sally in way shape or form from what we've been told.

While I can see people seeing her as stealing Blazes thunder, I find that hard to see since once Blaze was on the scene she arguable took up more space than even Sonic with her powers far more impressing Tangle than Sonic. Then there is also Tangle's constant amazement with Blaze and her actions seeming as if it is meant to hype up just how awesome Blaze is. To think that people still find Tangle to be stealing Blaze's thunder is a little mind boggling to me.

People not liking goofballs is nothing new so I'll let this one slide.

I'm kind of curious how seeing the previews would have given people a different impression of how she looked but oh well. I can on the other hand see how people could not like how she looks since her design is very detailed compared to Sonic and the others.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demon Slayer Ultima

Issue 4 has sold out.

And a box set with #1-#4 is coming. Also, cute pic of Sonic and Tangle tho!

 

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EmmBee said:

I heard a lot of people saying how she'd be the main focus of the issue, with how Blaze was more in the background of promo stuff.

Well, that's kinda how they made it look, honestly.

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

 

Since the FFs are supposedly still open to future use the not being Sally complaint is silly, especially since Tangle is not meant to be Sally in way shape or form from what we've been told.

 

Uh, are there really that many people saying that though or is that just an unfortunate first impression that others won't let go of?

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

 

I'm kind of curious how seeing the previews would have given people a different impression of how she looked but oh well.

How she looked or how she was seemingly portrayed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That's niece...but it lacks Blaze the Cat. Also fire.

Or much of any background, really

  • Chuckle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

While I can see people seeing her as stealing Blazes thunder, I find that hard to see since once Blaze was on the scene she arguable took up more space than even Sonic with her powers far more impressing Tangle than Sonic. Then there is also Tangle's constant amazement with Blaze and her actions seeming as if it is meant to hype up just how awesome Blaze is. To think that people still find Tangle to be stealing Blaze's thunder is a little mind boggling to me.

Blaze fans should be glad about this issue instead of complaining about Tangle. Compared to TTT and PPP of the past, Blaze got a fine treatment.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PublicEnemy1

Yeah, I was afraid she was gonna be nerfed because of her "story-breaking powers" or just show up and leave. I actually like Blaze here, and I'm glad SEGA understands that she doesn't deserve to be treated as she has in the past.

DcIMlPxVAAA68v6.jpg:largeHere's some extra variants made by Evan Stanley.

  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

2nd and 4th work quite well, Sonic shouldn't be tangled with in her tail...tall tale.

Too shippy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Korke said:

Blaze fans should be glad about this issue instead of complaining about Tangle. Compared to TTT and PPP of the past, Blaze got a fine treatment.

I still need get around to rereading Archie's stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sonic Fan J
5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, are there really that many people saying that though or is that just an unfortunate first impression that others won't let go of?

I couldn't really say since I didn't track down any of the threads elsewhere that @Shadowlax was referencing and was ,more just sharing my personal thoughts on what they and @chaosjam where saying. It being the latter though is probably very likely and would not surprise me.

 

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How she looked or how she was seemingly portrayed?

Since all @Shadowlax said was "kinda looked bad" I latched onto the word looked. I did not consider portrayal because that was covered by my thoughts on the prior complaint which covered her vibe, personality, and characterization hence why I pondered what would have been different in how she looks had they seen the previews. It could just be I misinterpreted what @Shadowlax was saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badnik Mechanic
6 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

.

YnudXT.jpg

So much white... anyone could just open an image editor and do all sorts of things... 

 

... ...

 

...

Think I might have started something there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Polkadi~☆

So issue 1 and 4 sell out...

Poor issue 2 being left in the dust. It's too good for what it is. Although issue 4 is still great, I say, if not better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Panda
29 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

So issue 1 and 4 sell out...

Poor issue 2 being left in the dust. It's too good for what it is. Although issue 4 is still great, I say, if not better.

How has issue 2 been left in the dust?

  • Absolutely 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shadowlax
14 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

 

While I can see people seeing her as stealing Blazes thunder, I find that hard to see since once Blaze was on the scene she arguable took up more space than even Sonic with her powers far more impressing Tangle than Sonic. Then there is also Tangle's constant amazement with Blaze and her actions seeming as if it is meant to hype up just how awesome Blaze is. To think that people still find Tangle to be stealing Blaze's thunder is a little mind boggling to me.

 

I guess they didn't even want that, they just wanted blaze. Some detractors compared tangle to scrappy do. 

 

9 hours ago, Korke said:

Blaze fans should be glad about this issue instead of complaining about Tangle. Compared to TTT and PPP of the past, Blaze got a fine treatment.

I mean if they didn't like it, they didn't like it. You shouldn't be telling them they should like it. Especially since the context is, she's just been MIA

I personally don't care much. I don't expect the book to be anything interesting until we get a 2nd book. So my current status is " Hope they don't fuck up shadow" and " I hope they get past this forces thing quick and don't try to explain the myriad plot holes and contrivances in that game along with character inconsistencies " also " I hope they don't try to salvage infinite" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Polkadi~☆
Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

How has issue 2 been left in the dust?

Now that I have gone back to check, all issues thus far have sold out.

Okay, so from my understanding, all the issues have sold out, but only issue 1 and 4 are getting reprints. Would've thought issue 2 would get a reprint too with all the positive reception to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Panda
1 minute ago, Polkadi said:

Now that I have gone back to check, all issues thus far have sold out.

Okay, so from my understanding, all the issues have sold out, but only issue 1 and 4 are getting reprints. Would've thought issue 2 would get a reprint too with all the positive reception to it.

Issue 2 and 3 are getting reprints too.

Issue 1’s also getting a third printing.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Polkadi~☆
Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Issue 2 and 3 are getting reprints too.

Issue 1’s also getting a third printing.

Huh, then my thought that the issues getting reprints get an exclusive cover too were wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Panda
3 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Huh, then my thought that the issues getting reprints get an exclusive cover too were wrong.

How do you mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Polkadi~☆
26 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

How do you mean?

I think I'm rambling at this point.

Okay so, issue 1 and 4 are being reprinted, and they get an exclusive cover too. I thought they were the only ones being reprinted due to this.
But then I find issue 2 and 3 are also bring reprinted, but they do not have an exclusive cover to go with their reprints.
It was to my understanding that all reprinted issues get an exclusive cover, but that now seems to be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dreadknux changed the title to IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread
  • Sean locked this topic
  • Tornado unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.