Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Infinite can work in the comic, given he is not confirmed dead. His cruelty, ego and inferiority complex has some potential if done right. In description he sounds more like a villain from the comics anyway. tbh I see him as an edgier fanfic-version of Shadow. 

3 hours ago, Razule said:

Not city, "village". They're animal-people, they live in villages.

What...is the difference between city and village (and town)?  I never really thought about it....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

16 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Infinite can work in the comic, given he is not confirmed dead. His cruelty, ego and inferiority complex has some potential if done right. In description he sounds more like a villain from the comics anyway. tbh I see him as an edgier fanfic-version of Shadow. 

What...is the difference between city and village (and town)?  I never really thought about it....

A village implies a handful of relatively small buildings like houses or cottages in rural areas, while a city implies lots of larger buildings throughout numerous streets, thus creating an urban setting. A town is arguably something of a middle-ground of the two.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I don't think he's that cruel, nothing he did is above anything particularly villainous, and even his " torture " resulted in sonic being fine. All he does is show illusions to people, and is incompetent. The inferiority thing could be interesting, but that would require a basis for someone to feel inferior to.. and he doesn't really have that organically. The closest thing he has is calling himself the ultimate mec, but the only reason he said that was more so for the audience and marketing than any real connection to shadow. As he promptly after showing shadow green hill zone for like 50 seconds...just leaves and never bothers with him again. So clearly he didn't actually care that much. And him being upset at sonic for beating him... isn't really unique. 

I think his potentially is low, he's super generic with nothing interesting going on. That will probably get nerfed if he ever does return. 

I don't think he's an edgier version of shadow. He's what you get when you try to make another shadow, and don't understand why shadow worked. He's the version of shadow we would have gotten from much more cynical people. And sort of my fear going forward for multiple characters if Sonic Team ever is compltely gone from the franchise. 

14 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Eh? There are a few characters that are just citizens... and It would actually be interesting to see them interact with them more often. For example I think I mentioned in this thread, seeing shadow interact with people who thought he was a bad guy for months might be weird. And everyone else has their own personal stakes. They have friends, some characters even have family, or people close enough they see them as family. That doesn't really make her special in any regard. 

Oh Ho but it does. While there are a handful of characters whom could be considered normies or citizens, almost all of them fail to meet the mold of Tangle. Mostly because they lack roots or investments in any single defined location (the Chaotix have no real home turf in IDW so far, Big is a social outcast and Amy is as much of a globetrotter as the rest of her friends these days). The only characters that really have a possibility of having an established "Home" and "Roots" would be Cream and Vanilla - but you could easily argue their access to Sonic's inner circle makes that kind of mute.

Tangle is a true civilian. She doesn't have the connections to super friends, nor is she part of the resistance. She isn't caught up in the big picture, simply caught in the small scale scuffles in between. She can interact in ways with the core cast that are impossible for any of the current established characters. She is special in that she's not another super friend. She's just a chick that can brawl to defend her hometown. We don't have that yet.

Unless its some needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few type shit I doubt it.

There are a lot of ways you can play it. Since she's not part of Sonic's circle, or the resistance, she is out-of-the-loop on much of what is happening elsewhere. A smart villain to leverage that to bait her and her town into making matters worse. She could lower her towns defenses to let Sonic in, only to be played for a sap by Metal. She could unintentionally make herself a target by nabbing a Chaos Emerald. She could shatter team dynamics by insisting to work with certain people over others, the possibilities are all over the place, you just gotta be creative.

Why not... just instead of one character....just make multiple characters who do that for whatever respective militia is speaking. Relegating that to one character makes the world seem incredibly small. And can make that one character annoying...quickly.

Well yeah, she can only speak for her one town.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think he's that cruel, nothing he did is above anything particularly villainous, and even his " torture " resulted in sonic being fine.

Actually, that was almost certainly Zavok's doing.

17 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Eh? There are a few characters that are just citizens... and It would actually be interesting to see them interact with them more often. For example I think I mentioned in this thread, seeing shadow interact with people who thought he was a bad guy for months might be weird. And everyone else has their own personal stakes. They have friends, some characters even have family, or people close enough they see them as family. That doesn't really make her special in any regard. 

Unless its some needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few type shit I doubt it.

I love how you mention how there are game characters who are just citizens...and then talk about Shadow.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Oh Ho but it does. While there are a handful of characters whom could be considered normies or citizens, almost all of them fail to meet the mold of Tangle.  The only characters that really have a possibility of having an established "Home" and "Roots" would be Cream and Vanilla - but you could easily argue their access to Sonic's inner circle makes that kind of mute.

Which is exactly why we need Tangle to interact more with said inner circle. :lol:

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Oh Ho but it does. While there are a handful of characters whom could be considered normies or citizens, almost all of them fail to meet the mold of Tangle. Mostly because they lack roots or investments in any single defined location (the Chaotix have no real home turf in IDW so far, Big is a social outcast and Amy is as much of a globetrotter as the rest of her friends these days). The only characters that really have a possibility of having an established "Home" and "Roots" would be Cream and Vanilla - but you could easily argue their access to Sonic's inner circle makes that kind of mute.

I don't think her being in a single location is a good thing. 

Tangle is a true civilian. She doesn't have the connections to super friends, nor is she part of the resistance. She isn't caught up in the big picture, simply caught in the small scale scuffles in between. She can interact in ways with the core cast that are impossible for any of the current established characters. She is special in that she's not another super friend. She's just a chick that can brawl to defend her hometown. We don't have that yet.

She does have connections to super friends. She got those connections as soon as she was introduced, which makes your point moot. Her getting caught up in larger things is something that describe sonic himself. Sonic is... literally just some homeless dude that likes to run fast. And about interactions, Not at all? If you want someone who can speak for more normal folks, there are characters who can already do that. The chaotix aren't sueprfriends, amy isn't a super friend, heck tails isn't a super friend. Most sonic characters aren't super friends, those are exceptions. The blazes, shadow's, silvers, knuckles, are exceptions, most of them are just people who get caught up in some shit and then the adventure begins. No different from tangle. 

There are a lot of ways you can play it. Since she's not part of Sonic's circle, or the resistance, she is out-of-the-loop on much of what is happening elsewhere. A smart villain to leverage that to bait her and her town into making matters worse. She could lower her towns defenses to let Sonic in, only to be played for a sap by Metal. She could unintentionally make herself a target by nabbing a Chaos Emerald. She could shatter team dynamics by insisting to work with certain people over others, the possibilities are all over the place, you just gotta be creative.

Why do I care about her town? Her being out of the loop isn't an interesting thing to me, I'm familiar with sonic. The chaos emerald thing is a thing, but I would assume everyone knows about chaos emeralds in sonic land and knows people want them...so I doubt it would be much of a surprise. And I don't think anyone cares if she works with anyone or not. Everyone can handle themselves and don't really need her in their dynamic. 

I'm not saying you can't do anything with tangle, its just that nothing you said makes her unique in any regard, nor does it indicate any lasting story potential besides " clueless audience surrogate" 

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think he's that cruel, nothing he did is above anything particularly villainous, and even his " torture " resulted in sonic being fine. All he does is show illusions to people, and is incompetent. The inferiority thing could be interesting, but that would require a basis for someone to feel inferior to.. and he doesn't really have that organically. The closest thing he has is calling himself the ultimate mec, but the only reason he said that was more so for the audience and marketing than any real connection to shadow. As he promptly after showing shadow green hill zone for like 50 seconds...just leaves and never bothers with him again. So clearly he didn't actually care that much. And him being upset at sonic for beating him... isn't really unique. 

I think his potentially is low, he's super generic with nothing interesting going on. That will probably get nerfed if he ever does return. 

I don't think he's an edgier version of shadow. He's what you get when you try to make another shadow, and don't understand why shadow worked. He's the version of shadow we would have gotten from much more cynical people. And sort of my fear going forward for multiple characters if Sonic Team ever is compltely gone from the franchise. 

Actually he killed several resistance members and I swear In the second fight he basically says something about you wanting to embrace death or something. Sega made a op villian and had to dumb his powers down

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

We have to remember that SEGA always had trouble portraying characters like they intended to. I mean, we've been complaining how Tails/Amy/Knuckles/anyone's portrayal was one-dimentional and useless in recent games. Do they lack potential? What if Infinite was also the same victim? 

While many may consider Infinite as "bland" and "lame" in game, in concept he is SUPPOSED to (I think??) be this sadistic & elitist, but sorta complex villain character. He even has a backstory and all that. So if you didn't feel that in game, the comic can fix that. Just like the comic brought back Tails and Amy's intended character. They can flesh out his personality more, and even build off from there. Given people praised Archie for making certain character likable and enjoyable, I'm sure IDW can do the same.

That is, as I said earlier, if he isn't dead. If he's dead, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or maybe SEGA has a different plan? who knows....

Infinite being Shadow's edgier fancharacter was sort of a joke. He reminded me of how certain people portray shadow in their fanfic or treat it as canon.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, Razule said:

Retcon

This tangent is so bizarre that I suspect you're leading us all on a ruse cruise, but just in case: there being a small town--and said town being informally called a "village" in one panel--does not mean cities don't exist. Source: I live in a relatively small town but there's a city half an hour away!

Re: the whole normal citizen thing...Tangle's actually exactly the kind of character I expected would be in this, tho' 1) I was thinking someone based on the Avatar (in retrospect I guess it makes more sense not to do that so that readers can fill in the blank with their own Avatar or whatever) and 2) based on what we've seen and heard, she isn't going to be regularly recurring, at least not at the moment. There's certainly things you could do with a newbie versus characters who have been at this for a while (even other "citizen" types like Cream), but who knows if she'll even appear often enough for that to be viable.

...Y'know, if we get something like Universe, I'd kinda like to see an arc with her and Blaze going on wacky adventures.

...is village/town thing worth discussing? I don't even remember any mobian settlements in games before Forces... unless you count Emerald Town in Sonic Battle. No visible humans there.

Anyway, reasons why I would like to see Shadow look for Infinite
1) It continues Archie tradition of Shadow being a secret superhero (with GUN or without). When Sonic takes care of obvious problems at hand (Eggman, Dark Gaia, "Chairman"), Shadow works behind the scenes, stopping Dark Arms invasion or making sure Infinite is down for good, stopping th threats before they arise. It just fits him.
2) If Infinite lost his powers, this is great moment to get any depth from him. Will he crack? Look for his team? Pretend he's still demigod? "When we' hit our lowest point, we're open to greatest change" to quote. And if Sega wants to keep him for later, him not learning anything will tell us much about him as well. What makes comic's Loki great villain is that he can't stop lying to everyone including himself, otherwise he would have to face what a bastard he is.
3) And if you consider Infnite a worthless character, he will make a decent foil to Shadow. It's a good remind that power doesn't make the man worthy, it's the man who gives worth to power. Or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

We have to remember that SEGA always had trouble portraying characters like they intended to. I mean, we've been complaining how Tails/Amy/Knuckles/anyone's portrayal was one-dimentional and useless in recent games. Do they lack potential? What if Infinite was also the same victim? 

While many may consider Infinite as "bland" and "lame" in game, in concept he is SUPPOSED to (I think??) be this sadistic & elitist, but sorta complex villain character. He even has a backstory and all that. So if you didn't feel that in game, the comic can fix that. Just like the comic brought back Tails and Amy's intended character. They can flesh out his personality more, and even build off from there. Given people praised Archie for making certain character likable and enjoyable, I'm sure IDW can do the same.

That is, as I said earlier, if he isn't dead. If he's dead, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or maybe SEGA has a different plan? who knows....

Infinite being Shadow's edgier fancharacter was sort of a joke. He reminded me of how certain people portray shadow in their fanfic or treat it as canon.

That is very true.

Besides, IDW is allegedly taking inspiration for the games rather than full out incorporating them, so unless there's a Dr. Nega type embargo on him, it would the perfect place to recontextualize Infinite's character ala Big and Silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think her being in a single location is a good thing. 

Every character doesn't need to follow the same mold. Its not a bad thing to have a small handful of capable people who aren't globetrotters. We have more than enough of those already.

She does have connections to super friends. She got those connections as soon as she was introduced, which makes your point moot.

I wouldn't go that far. Thats like saying the milita in previous issues have super friends just because Sonic showed up to save the day.

The chaotix aren't sueprfriends, amy isn't a super friend, heck tails isn't a super friend. Most sonic characters aren't super friends, those are exceptions.

Tails is a mechanical prodigy on par with Eggman. Amy is capable of holding her own against almost any character and is of the hardest hitting members of the canon. Vector, despite his goofy demeanor, has a proven track record of being an ace detective. Espio is a god damn ninja. Charmy is a kid... he gets a pass.

Any one of those lot are capable of bringing down SuperBadniks in their sleep. That makes them super-friends by any stretch of the world. They are far above and beyond the normies. They took up arms against Eggman before the resistance became necessary. Thats all you really need to know about them.

I'm not saying you can't do anything with tangle, its just that nothing you said makes her unique in any regard, nor does it indicate any lasting story potential besides " clueless audience surrogate"

The fact that she can be tied down to a single place, have investment and stakes in a hometown is what makes her unique. Its something no other character can really provide right now.

In the old days, if Eggy came knocking on the door of Knothole, or if somebody came unannounced on Angel Island and started making trouble, Sonic and Knux would take that personally. They would have that extra tension involved in dealing with that threat.

Guess who is the only character who has that right now. I'd say that's plenty unique.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The fact that she can be tied down to a single place, have investment and stakes in a hometown is what makes her unique. Its something no other character can really provide right now.

Well, I really hope Ms. Tangle actually stays in this eventually unnamed town/city/village...because it could be just a phase.

9 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Every character doesn't need to follow the same mold. Its not a bad thing to have a small handful of capable people who aren't globetrotters. We have more than enough of those already.

Not every character needs to be a globe trotter, however if one wants to have interaction with the larger world. They kind of need to travel, unless every goddamn thing is gonna happen in tangles town.

I wouldn't go that far. Thats like saying the milita in previous issues have super friends just because Sonic showed up to save the day.

...yeah. Unless you are dealing with a character like ...anyone from team dark or blaze or something friendship is literally " we teamed up guess we are friends now" , as much as I like when it takes its sillyness seriously...its a comic for kids. 

Tails is a mechanical prodigy on par with Eggman. Amy is capable of holding her own against almost any character and is of the hardest hitting members of the canon. Vector, despite his goofy demeanor, has a proven track record of being an ace detective. Espio is a god damn ninja. Charmy is a kid... he gets a pass.

Tails is still just a kid. That description of amy is stretching it, and not really on the hard hitting thing. It really depends on the interpretation , for the most part she's just a girl that likes sonic. Detectives can be normal people, and often are. Espio... ok you got me. 

Any one of those lot are capable of bringing down SuperBadniks in their sleep. That makes them super-friends by any stretch of the world. They are far above and beyond the normies. They took up arms against Eggman before the resistance became necessary. Thats all you really need to know about them.

Not really? For example, there are some normal humans in marvel and DC comics that can be fodder. Doesn't make you super... its just fodder. I don't think amy is that far above a normal person, I think the reason she's special ( besides that magic thing she never does ) is the fact thats he decides to get up get out and get something. 

I don't think that's valuable. But to each their own

In the old days, if Eggy came knocking on the door of Knothole, or if somebody came unannounced on Angel Island and started making trouble, Sonic and Knux would take that personally. They would have that extra tension involved in dealing with that threat.

I mean sonic defending some random town that would happen to have a friend of his in it would have the same tension tbh

Guess who is the only character who has that right now. I'd say that's plenty unique.

I guess. I don't think that's valuable at all though

11 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

"if somebody came unannounced on Angel Island and started making trouble, Knux would take that personally."

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Well, I really hope Ms. Tangle actually stays in this eventually unnamed town/city/village...because it could be just a phase.

Ch'yeah, I was about to say: if they really wanted us to care about Tangle caring about the town she was introduced in, they would've given it a name.

57 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

...is village/town thing worth discussing? I don't even remember any mobian settlements in games before Forces... unless you count Emerald Town in Sonic Battle. No visible humans there.

Anyway, reasons why I would like to see Shadow look for Infinite
1) It continues Archie tradition of Shadow being a secret superhero (with GUN or without). When Sonic takes care of obvious problems at hand (Eggman, Dark Gaia, "Chairman"), Shadow works behind the scenes, stopping Dark Arms invasion or making sure Infinite is down for good, stopping th threats before they arise. It just fits him.

I don't think that fits him at all. Shadow is best at taking care of whatever shadow wants to take care of. Sometimes its eggman sometimes it isn't, I think its a character you have imposed on him that isn't really present.  I also think the good parts of those stories were him interacting with other characters, more so than him being some imagined furry 007. Along with both of those things, shadow has been impersonated for the last several months as his visage was used to harm people and things. So him being out the open and seeing peoples reaction to that is interesting. 

I don't think shadow missing from stories is him being a secret agent, its more so like in forces, he's strong and a lot of times if he just punched the bad guy ... it would solve the issue. Then you don't really have much of plot.

2) If Infinite lost his powers, this is great moment to get any depth from him. Will he crack? Look for his team? Pretend he's still demigod? "When we' hit our lowest point, we're open to greatest change" to quote. And if Sega wants to keep him for later, him not learning anything will tell us much about him as well. What makes comic's Loki great villain is that he can't stop lying to everyone including himself, otherwise he would have to face what a bastard he is.

I'm familiar with comics loki and I believe you to be wrong. What makes loki and infinitely more interesting character than his brother is is that he lives in a society that sort of even when he isn't doing anything actively points the spotlight away from him and seeing him react to that is fun. But more so than that, he's often a lot more human than a lot of the other gods, he has insecurities and shit and often is way a head of them when shit is going to hit the fan in Asgard because despite the front he puts up ,he's kind  of the least up his own ass. 

That said, I do not see loki infinite at all. However, you do bring up a good example for potential. I guess , I was so ...unethused by the character, I wasn't seeing any examples of how to even write this guy. But him being some weirdo, who pretends he's demi god and gets crapped on all the time sounds genuinely interesting. Or him trying to find his own crew and they want nothing to do with him. That would be neat. I just I guess don't see him having much to do with shadow. He showed that he didn't want that smoke in the forces story. Why change now. 

3) And if you consider Infnite a worthless character, he will make a decent foil to Shadow. It's a good remind that power doesn't make the man worthy, it's the man who gives worth to power. Or something like that.

That's genuinely neat. Though If I were to teach a lesson through comparison, I would teach a more meta one about writing like with scourge. As mentioned before, infinite is a very cynical take on an archetype very simular to shadow. As sort of lesson  of, " shadow is what to do " " infinite is what not to do " kind of way 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Not every character needs to be a globe trotter, however if one wants to have interaction with the larger world. They kind of need to travel, unless every goddamn thing is gonna happen in tangles town.

Everything doesn't need to happen in her town, but the next time something does it would be nice to have a grounding agent.

Tails is still just a kid. That description of amy is stretching it, and not really on the hard hitting thing. It really depends on the interpretation , for the most part she's just a girl that likes sonic. Detectives can be normal people, and often are. Espio... ok you got me. 

Tails has saved the world several times over in multiple mediums. No one is mistaking him for a normie. He's robin to Sonics batman.

Amy is a beast. She ranges from strong, to downright force of nature depending on who is behind the pencil and paper. All of these characters have marched into the teeth of Eggman's latest and greatest and come out the other side unscathed. No normal citizen is going to do that. You not going to pick out three members of the towns guard and ask them to do what Team Chaotix did in Sonic heroes. Your not going to see average joe mobian go toe to toe with Eggman and win.

There is nothing normal about any of Sonic friends. They are crazy OP compared to the rest of the populous.

Not really? For example, there are some normal humans in marvel and DC comics that can be fodder. Doesn't make you super... its just fodder. I don't think amy is that far above a normal person, I think the reason she's special ( besides that magic thing she never does ) is the fact thats he decides to get up get out and get something. 

Amy has too many feats to her name to think she is  just above normal. There is a reason why the local furries hide behind their walls while people like her OHKO super badniks.

I don't think that's valuable. But to each their own

Variety is always valuable. It adds flexibility for the writer to tackle a wider range of stories.

I mean sonic defending some random town that would happen to have a friend of his in it would have the same tension tbh

No way. Its just not the same if its not impacting you directly.

Lets use a different metaphor.

Imagine you are Sonic. You live in a nice community. One day, one of your pals the next town over gets his house broken into and some stuff gets stolen. You'll defiantly feel for the guy, but I guarantee that if you shuffle the details around, and it was your house that got ransacked, your feelings would be even more amplified. Its just human nature to react stronger to stuff that hits closer to home.

Tha's what having roots can do for a character. Sonic can only show up and try to fix what is already going on. His investment only lasts as long as he's willing to stay - he can't possibly match stakes with someone who has to deal with the before, current and after. There is more tension to be found in that position 101 times out of 100.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

You not going to pick out three members of the towns guard and ask them to do what Team Chaotix did in Sonic heroes.

Actually, as far as Heroes' story is concerned, that's exactly what Eggman did. It doesn't justify why he chose to hire them beyond "he's heard good things about them", and we're not given any indication that Eggman has prior knowledge on them. In that particular case, if you ran a detective agency with some good word of mouth, you were perfectly viable for Eggman's plans. 

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think that fits him at all. Shadow is best at taking care of whatever shadow wants to take care of. Sometimes its eggman sometimes it isn't, I think its a character you have imposed on him that isn't really present.  I also think the good parts of those stories were him interacting with other characters, more so than him being some imagined furry 007. Along with both of those things, shadow has been impersonated for the last several months as his visage was used to harm people and things. So him being out the open and seeing peoples reaction to that is interesting. 

(rest points I more-less agree on)

It fits from meta perspective.

Sonic franchise has army of characters, but they either busy in the future/other dimension/etc or aren't that powerful. The only true defender of planet is Sonic... and Shadow who has powers, will and ego to protect this world. Heck, he kinda promised.

But we can't allow that, can't we. This is "Sonic the Hedgehog", not "Super Hedgehog Bros". Story is about Sonic saving the world, Shadow can't run around stealing his thunder. Not in post-2006 world. Sega can allow itself for Shadow to sit back in Generations or Forces just kinda cheering. But Flynn tries harder, so on the bigger scale it's nice to have explanation "Why Shadow isn't stopping this Eggman scheme or fixing the Shattered Planet". Sometimes he can just do Collide with Shadow joining a giant army, but on a longer scale we could use a long-term explanation.

Now I don't care if Shadow is James Bond or not. I know he's willing to take dirtier jobs. I know he doesn't mind taking order and working on a plan, rather than running around helping peeps. I know that Sonic lives in a present and won't think about troubles until they come. Shadow ... well, he isn't "smarter" per se, but takes his job more seriously. So if someone asked "I wonder what happened to Infinite", Shadow is more likely would consider him a threat to localize and deal with.

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

(rest points I more-less agree on)

It fits from meta perspective.

Sonic franchise has army of characters, but they either busy in the future/other dimension/etc or aren't that powerful. The only true defender of planet is Sonic... and Shadow who has powers, will and ego to protect this world. Heck, he kinda promised

1) I would argue that anyone who wants to defend the planet. Can do that, you don't just have to be super and glowey to do it

2) I would say despite knuckles being bad at his job, he's also doing that

3) WELL TECHNICALLY SPEAKING ~ , he promised to defend earth. Not mobious. Reminder Sega decided those are different planets now and every moment shadow is on this planet he's literally betraying maria and dancing on her grave ( Kidding about the last part ) . Though actual reminder, by splitting the planets, shadow should actually never show up in the comic.

But we can't allow that, can't we. This is "Sonic the Hedgehog", not "Super Hedgehog Bros". Story is about Sonic saving the world, Shadow can't run around stealing his thunder.

Yeah you can. You can just write a story where shadow beats the bad person up. Heck you could maybe give him his own book. Nothing is stopping you.

Not in post-2006 world. Sega can allow itself for Shadow to sit back in Generations or Forces just kinda cheering.

While generations is...unfortunate. The thing in forces is something I can forgive, because everything in that game screams " this was supposed to be another video game" to the degree where shadow vanishes for most of the story because they introduced that shadow could just beat up the bad guy at any moment. So he only came back when infnite figured out how to pull a sun out of his ass. I mean i'm not forgiving forces for being bad, but its a complete mess that's several video games mashed together, so like i'm just gonna pretend it largely didn't happen. I mean I guess that's sad, but forces is... a mess. 

But Flynn tries harder, so on the bigger scale it's nice to have explanation "Why Shadow isn't stopping this Eggman scheme or fixing the Shattered Planet". Sometimes he can just do Collide with Shadow joining a giant army, but on a longer scale we could use a long-term explanation.

I mean him doing other stuff is a fine explanation. I don't like the idea that he's " helping sonic from the underground " no he's doing his own shit. Eclipse outside of a grander scale of eventual world domination, didn't have anything to do with sonic. It was shadow's thing, I like that it was shadow's thing. I want more of that

Now I don't care if Shadow is James Bond or not. I know he's willing to take dirtier jobs. I know he doesn't mind taking order and working on a plan, rather than running around helping peeps.

I think shadow's willing to do both. Its kind of the plot of his game, and its a reoccurring thing in the comics. If you ask shadow nice enough, or if he's around... he'll just help you. I was the guy who called shadow a recluse to some extent, but he will interact and help people if the need arises. I think alternating between some gun plan he's enacted and just helping normal folk would do a lot for his character. And the latter would probably be more interesting for his character because it would allow to interact with more folk. 

I know that Sonic lives in a present and won't think about troubles until they come. Shadow ... well, he isn't "smarter" per se, but takes his job more seriously. So if someone asked "I wonder what happened to Infinite", Shadow is more likely would consider him a threat to localize and deal with.

I would say shadow is smarter. Sonic doing this hero shit for free, Shadow has his former oppressors funding him because they can't do anything with out him. Vehicles ain't cheap, shadow knows whats up. Sonic is living on tails's couching bumming chilli dogs off of him, he's a hobo hero.( In a non joking manner shadow seems to be able to fix and work on mechanical stuff with out training or the time tails has put into it , so one might assume that shadow might have been made in such away that he's an extremely quick learner , might also why it seems like he's gotten better with his abilities overtime while other characters seem stagnant, but that's just speculation on my part ) 

Seriously though , I just don't think infinite is on his list to care about. TBH the planet he's on shouldn't be on his list

I want a cover with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Blaze and Tangle.

All of 4 issues represented!