Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It's Noon right? So it's PM not AM.

Weell, considering I live in here...

...I think you get the idea, I need to be up the next morning after all...

That's still not enough ahead to be in the dead of night. Eveningtime is the latest it would be for Finland. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

That's still not enough ahead to be in the dead of night. Eveningtime is the latest it would be for Finland. 

Okay, I think my friend talked about +10 hours difference, but well...

...okay they didn't know what they were talking about, it's ~+7 hours, which means...

...maybe. Depends though... that starts to near the time I should start to consider my shut-eye... but knowing myself not really, I'm just so weak.

There's like one night I can even try to stay up online really and it's Saturday...

Yup, sorry, my bad. Next time I'll trust the interenet over some buddy.

45 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I knownthat has been asked before but what do you guys expect to be revealed?

Probably the solicits for the first issue of the comic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

49 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What, if anything, will return from Archie. 

Whether it’s under the kids label or their main one. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

39 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I hope that we get something similar to what we had before but with a new twist on the formula.  The Sonic comics were up for a renewal anyway and even if we don't get the Freedom Fighters I still want a tone similar to what we had before in Archie...the games can have a fun tone but the serious story telling and character development is what the comic is for and despite what happened with Archie, we got that in spades from the previous generation.  I just hope this comic continues that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt we'd get full solicits now. If the first issue is coming out in April, then solicits will probably be out in January. 

I'm expecting a creative team reveal, promo art, sketches, possibly a cover or two.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I doubt we'd get full solicits now. If the first issue is coming out in April, then solicits will probably be out in January. 

I'm expecting a creative team reveal, promo art, sketches, possibly a cover or two.

that's what i'm expecting too, but, about the solicits, it seems IDW will reveal the spring solicits early

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/10/06/idw-update-spring-solicits-panel-happening-after-sonic-event-tony-fleecs-possibly-on-team-more/

i don't know if sonic is included, but i'm not completely excluding the possibility of we seeing the first solicits tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope this time the editors/writers are in touch with the current fan base and catering to the newbies about characters like team dark, the chaotic, and Blaze, not just focusing on the classic 4 and eggman. Pretty sure Amy is not as popular as Blaze, yet she's getting s main face appearance with the boys.

I really hope Shadow and Metal Sonic have more plot relevance than guest fights to sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I don't really know what to wait for... as far as I'm concerned it could be anything.

And while I'd like to see what's coming, I can't help but feel a bit anxious about the panel too.

Some stuff mentioned above sounds pretty likely, some sounds something I'd hope to get. Some stuff makes me wonder...

Well, I expect they tell us some staff choices and maybe a more detailed schedule.

I'm pretty sure you all know what I'd like to hear about too. But somehow I've got the feeling I won't get what I'd like to have...

2 minutes ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

What time is the panel at GMT?

isn't it around 17:45-18:45?

I expect a reveal of the creative staff along with a cover, other art, and the general premise of the series. I'm assuming there will be a Q&A of sorts, so I do think fans there should able to get some important answers out of the panel. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Hey guys, I know it’s been a long while since I've been here, but I do have a question that is just burning me up right now. Would there be any legal reasons why IDW would not be able to continue the Archie Sonic post-reboot canon? I personally think that Sega outright owns everything about the comics, including the characters and Archie was just the producer. But the point came up in one of Ian's streams (which does not confirm that it's true, he knows about as much as we do) that the slim potential is there for some legal shenanigans that could ruin those chances. I just wanted to make sure that, oh for example, Dic did not only allowed Archie to use the SATAM stuff or somewhere in the Ken Penders affair isn’t something along the lines of any legal repercussions if any other company either than Archie uses any of the elements or characters from SATAM, that kind of thing.

I would expect the best option to just make a new setting that has elements from both the games and Archie Sonic.

Like:

-Eggman rules a chunk of the Third World but not the areas with the United Federation's guard. He has the Egg Bosses serve as his henchmen.

-Humans and talking animals are in the same world. No Overlander retcon or Two Worlds overcomplicating stuff and answering questions no one who knew better asked.

-Sonic, Tails, and whatever comrades they recruit fight against the Eggman Empire on South Island.  They're a resistance force that ends up specializing in fighting Eggman's empire.

-The Chaotix hit it off with Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2