Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Once again, almost EVERY post in this topic about Amy has been from YOU. You are quite literally the ONLY one who has been making a big deal about this. And once again, you're not even talking about the story that is currently happening in IDW anymore. And then you wonder why people refuse to hear you out when you make posts like these that generalize everything to justify your stance. 

If you're not going to bother trying to understand what people have been saying, then I'm not going to bother listening to the 100th post of "OH WOE IS AMY" from you every time a new issue comes out and watch you talk about how "ruined" she is. 

I don't even post here that much calm down. This is why I don't post here often to much finger pointing me being the only one.   

13 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I don't even post here that much calm down. This is why I don't post here often to much finger pointing me being the only one.   

Yea, and whenever you do, it's the same thing about Amy and almost never anything else. And nobody would be so hard on you if you actually tried to engage in conversation instead of just crying about Amy all of the time and disagreeing with anyone who tries to say otherwise.  I'm not trying to scare you off, and I apologize if I sound overly aggressive but I'm trying to get you to actually read and understand the words that are being said in this topic and to think about something beyond "Amy isn't how I want her to be". Otherwise, If all you want do is just complain about Amy, then be my guest and just ignore this post altogether and I'll just stop this conversation right here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Well written? I just want to see Amy act like Amy.

What exactly do you want her to do to "act like Amy" again?

Anyway, everyone is deteriorating this issue.

Spoiler

Sonic is literally running ragged.

Amy is hanging on.

Tails is (barely) hanging on.

Tangle has fallen.

Whisper is devastated (after opening up after losing her crew, how could she not be?).

Cream is... dead inside (This hurt me). :_:

Espio's ticked.

Gemerl is Gemerl.

Starline is fed up.

Eggman don't care... yet.

Deadly Six are about to make their move.

And we still don't know what happened with Silver, or Knuckles, or even Blaze.

And it's clear things are gonna get worse. It's gonna be a miracle to see how all this gets resolved.

Also speculating/hoping about what comes next when the whole Metal Virus plot is finally over, so don't take me too seriously:

Spoiler

I'm really hoping there are some lasting effects or elements in the aftermath of this story.

-Sonic needs a break when he's cured. A LONG break. He'll likely collapse, probably go into a coma or something. I mean, who wouldn't after running non-stop for a dozen or so issues just to survive. And running is literally his entire thing.

-Eggman needs to be out of the equation for a good while instead of quickly formulating a new scheme. Let some other villain take the arc spotlight for once.

-How to handle "dealing with" Eggman. Because Shadow and Espio blamed Sonic for letting him carry on during his "Mr. Tinker" phase. A lot of non-main-cast people looking up to Sonic are gonna demand him to do more than just "foil another plot". And this ever the war.

-As sadistic as it sounds, Cream's trauma needs to stay so there can be a potential plot to how handle it. Just because she will be reunited with her mom and Chao again doesn't mean everything's A-OK and she can return to her happy self right away (after everything that's happened and likely happen before the end of the MV plot  ;_;). And, let's face it, most of us wanted her to be more active since the last issues of the Archie comics (and in general), so now we have to reap what we sow.

-I'm wondering if what happened with Tangle this issue will undo the bonding when she and Whisper are together again. Whisper will want to be alone again, and it'll be a while to rebuild that bond. Or she'll be more determined than ever to protect everyone.

-Probably, most importantly, some bite sized stories instead of one huge epic like this one. Even I feel like it's been dragging on for a little too long.

And while we're on the subject of Tangle's big moment in this issue.

Spoiler

It kind of reminds me of the end of Halo Reach.

Both her and the PC in Reach stays behind and keeps fighting until the end even when they know they'll lose/fall/die.

The thing about trama and crisis is even the strongest can be worn down and you see that with Amy. The writing is amazing.Not everyone is going to shot rainbows out their bottom 24/7. Amy shows this. She started out somewhat positive on top of things and handling them as they came at her. But seeing everyone fall one by one, even those close to her in their group fall and still trying to scramble ideas in her head on what she should do next to try and save everyone on a situation with no bright end in sight can break anyone. She is at that point where shes on the edge trying to do what she can but is slowly giving way. And im sure that is what Eggman and Starline would love to see.

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The thing about trauma and crisis is even the strongest can be worn down and you see that with Amy. The writing is amazing.Not everyone is going to shot rainbows out their bottom 24/7. Amy shows this. She started out somewhat positive on top of things and handling them as they came at her. But seeing everyone fall one by one, even those close to her in their group fall and still trying to scramble ideas in her head on what she should do next to try and save everyone on a situation with no bright end in sight can break anyone. She is at that point where shes on the edge trying to do what she can but is slowly giving way. And im sure that is what Eggman and Starline would love to see.

Exactly. You can't just keep up the optimism unless there is a sure sign that things will get better. And so far every bit of those signs have been ruthlessly, hilariously tramped.

Cream has been trying to keep an upper lip since she lost Cheese and Chocola, but when she lost her mom, you start to wonder what's left.

Tails was sure that he had the makings of a cure but lost it,  and any backup of that data, from a Zombot attack. He's running/ran out of options.

Hell, even Sonic is struggling to keep being his "Sonic Self" because he's dead tired, on the verge of collapse or zombotification, can't even touch anyone without infecting them, and have to continue putting up with Eggman's crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

To not act out a fans desire the example being some say Peach getting kidnap by Bowser is played out but Nintendo never changes the characters on the fans whims.

6 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

To not act out a fans desire the example being some say Peach getting kidnap by Bowser is played out but Nintendo never changes the characters on the fans whims.

I don't understand what is or isn't a "fan's desire".

Are you saying she needs to be keep being happy and perky?

22 minutes ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

I don't understand what is or isn't a "fan's desire".

Are you saying she needs to be keep being happy and perky?

No, it means don't get influence by fans.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, describe actually having a personality, would ya?

She has thoughts besides how much she wants to marry Sonic. 

Finally got a chance to read #24. Pretty solid overall, they're actually selling the characters being worn down and broken, and Tangle is great here, she's definitely the highlight of the issue. I'm kinda underwhelmed by Whisper's breakdown, though. I mean I get that it's stomping directly on where she's most emotionally vulnerable and the art's pretty visceral, but it's another case of things feeling a bit rushed, and with a little more time and a little more space I think they could've twisted the knife harder.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

No, it means don't get influence by fans.

Ok not being salty here but how is Amy not thinking about how much she wants Sonic to put a ring on it "influence of the fans"?

You seem to think that if she's not constantly drooling over Sonic that it's a betrayal of her character which ignores other parts of her like her willingness to help people which is what lead her to more or less leading the Resistance and now leading the Restoration. 

Amy is more than just her love of Sonic and her temper and them finally giving her layers beyond that is what's made her more interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations Whisper

Overall got to see it and I liked it. It was friggin nuts how dread and depression was portrayed. Like you get smacked in the face with a brick labelled "SAD" when you see it. I also see depressed Cream memes coming out of this story what with how she looks like someone about to preach how meaningless everything is. Manic Depressed Cream.

And my Son cried...that's a crime. Too cute to cry dammit XP.

Oh and the Amy discussion while I'm NOT interested. I will say it would work so much better if we got to hear how a revised script for her in this chapter would sound...to get the point across. Otherwise no one is going to get what this other supposed better Amy is. 

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

...and with a little more time and a little more space I think they could've twisted the knife harder.

Having her breakdown either start or continue into the next issue, something like that...yeah, having it be at the tail end of this issue meant they couldn't sell it as much. It's fine...

G-Emerl: Sonic's speed is losing its ability to hold back the virus.

Is he just saying Sonic's not moving as fast as he can to stifle the virus? Was this necessary?

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

G-Emerl: Sonic's speed is losing its ability to hold back the virus.

Is he just saying Sonic's not moving as fast as he can to stifle the virus? Was this necessary?

No. Sonic's speed been successfully burning off the virus's progress so far ever since he and Tails came up with the idea, which became necessary to analyze and come up with a cure before they lost Tails's lab and the HQ.

But Gemerl is saying the virus is probably adapting, or Sonic's body is losing health, to the point where said burn-off is becoming less effective against it. No doubt Eggman already had this in mind to ensure its literally unstoppable. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I mean if by that you mean she actually has a personality now then sure.

She has SOMEONE ELSE'S personality now...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

Anyway, everyone is deteriorating this issue.

Reveal hidden contents

Sonic is literally running ragged.

Amy is hanging on.

Tails is (barely) hanging on.

Tangle has fallen.

Whisper is devastated (after opening up after losing her crew, how could she not be?).

Cream is... dead inside (This hurt me). :_:

Espio's ticked.

Gemerl is Gemerl.

Starline is fed up.

Eggman don't care... yet.

Deadly Six are about to make their move.

And we still don't know what happened with Silver, or Knuckles, or even Blaze.

And it's clear things are gonna get worse. It's gonna be a miracle to see how all this gets resolved.

Also speculating/hoping about what comes next when the whole Metal Virus plot is finally over, so don't take me too seriously:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really hoping there are some lasting effects or elements in the aftermath of this story.

-Sonic needs a break when he's cured. A LONG break. He'll likely collapse, probably go into a coma or something. I mean, who wouldn't after running non-stop for a dozen or so issues just to survive. And running is literally his entire thing.

-Eggman needs to be out of the equation for a good while instead of quickly formulating a new scheme. Let some other villain take the arc spotlight for once.

-How to handle "dealing with" Eggman. Because Shadow and Espio blamed Sonic for letting him carry on during his "Mr. Tinker" phase. A lot of non-main-cast people looking up to Sonic are gonna demand him to do more than just "foil another plot". And this ever the war.

-As sadistic as it sounds, Cream's trauma needs to stay so there can be a potential plot to how handle it. Just because she will be reunited with her mom and Chao again doesn't mean everything's A-OK and she can return to her happy self right away (after everything that's happened and likely happen before the end of the MV plot  ;_;). And, let's face it, most of us wanted her to be more active since the last issues of the Archie comics (and in general), so now we have to reap what we sow.

-I'm wondering if what happened with Tangle this issue will undo the bonding when she and Whisper are together again. Whisper will want to be alone again, and it'll be a while to rebuild that bond. Or she'll be more determined than ever to protect everyone.

-Probably, most importantly, some bite sized stories instead of one huge epic like this one. Even I feel like it's been dragging on for a little too long.

And while we're on the subject of Tangle's big moment in this issue.

Reveal hidden contents

It kind of reminds me of the end of Halo Reach.

Both her and the PC in Reach stays behind and keeps fighting until the end even when they know they'll lose/fall/die.

Was Gemerl in this issue? 

I have to consider something happened to Silver at this point, tbh. 

Where are they even going now? 

8 hours ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

Hide contents

1I'm really hoping there are some lasting effects or elements in the aftermath of this story.

2-Eggman needs to be out of the equation for a good while instead of quickly formulating a new scheme. Let some other villain take the arc spotlight for once.

3-As sadistic as it sounds, Cream's trauma needs to stay so there can be a potential plot to how handle it. Just because she will be reunited with her mom and Chao again doesn't mean everything's A-OK and she can return to her happy self right away (after everything that's happened and likely happen before the end of the MV plot  ;_;). And, let's face it, most of us wanted her to be more active since the last issues of the Archie comics (and in general), so now we have to reap what we sow.

4-Probably, most importantly, some bite sized stories instead of one huge epic like this one. Even I feel like it's been dragging on for a little too long.

Spoiler

1. Eeh, that's very probable for better or worse. 

2. Who could fill that role after this though? 

3. Yeah, as distressing as that could be.

4. Yes, that'd definitely be nice.

I doubt anything happened to Silver or Rouge, if they are missing, they are okay, like Knuckles. Big however… he's definitely gone.

Spoiler

Btw, I feared Tangle would be gone soon, it makes sense because like Sonic, she Attacks directly with her body. Unlike Amy with the hammer, or Tails via gadgets, Whisper with the Wispon, Espio with his shurikens and stars, Cream doesn't fight, Silver with telekinesis, etc.

11 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Congratulations Whisper

Overall got to see it and I liked it. It was friggin nuts how dread and depression was portrayed. Like you get smacked in the face with a brick labelled "SAD" when you see it. I also see depressed Cream memes coming out of this story what with how she looks like someone about to preach how meaningless everything is. Manic Depressed Cream.

As good or better than 2-Hardcore-2-Care Cream? 

14 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Once again, almost EVERY post in this topic about Amy has been from YOU. You are quite literally the ONLY one who has been making a big deal about this. And once again, you're not even talking about the story that is currently happening in IDW anymore. And then you wonder why people refuse to hear you out when you make posts like these that generalize everything to justify your stance. 

If you're not going to bother trying to understand what people have been saying, then I'm not going to bother listening to the 100th post of "OH WOE IS AMY" from you every time a new issue comes out and watch you talk about how "ruined" she is. 

I guess Fan J's grievance doesn't factor in here. 

@Fire-N-Space, I would like to apologize for you getting ganged up on there as it doesn't seem like anyone realized your initial post on this issue was in response to the conversation stemmed off from my complaints as an Amy fan. On the topic of your comment though, no, Amy is not a wet blanket as she is not ruining things for anyone. Conversely, Amy is almost a non entity in this volume. She is there almost entirely just to tell Sonic information and point him to the next plot thread.

Moving on to this question

11 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Oh and the Amy discussion while I'm NOT interested. I will say it would work so much better if we got to hear how a revised script for her in this chapter would sound...to get the point across. Otherwise no one is going to get what this other supposed better Amy is.

Speaking for myself at least, almost everything Tangle was this issue is what I normally expect from Amy. Cheerful and optimistic in the face of adversity. Biting off more than she can chew and getting in trouble for. Staying optimistic despite how bad things are. Unwavering faith in Sonic to save the day and giving a pep talk to someone who needs it. Those are all things I expect out of Amy, yet it was Tangle who displayed all that and all I could not keep myself from feeling like that scene was almost written perfectly for Amy outside of those Tangle specific things (being her hometown, her tail, her childhood friend being infected already, etc...).

Now to be fair at least, I definitely had false expectations for Amy in the IDW comics based on my reaction to Issue 2. There was so much that just seemed like everything I enjoy about her character was going to be displayed by her in this book that I allowed myself to forget that from Lost World on that SEGA pretty much completely overhauled her character. Into what I can't say as they've barely used her at all so what their new vision is is beyond me. What I can say though, is knowing that just makes it that much worse for me. All I can hope for is maybe I can see if the comics will eventually reveal what SEGA wants her to be, but that brings me to a writing problem

13 hours ago, Meta77 said:

The thing about trama and crisis is even the strongest can be worn down and you see that with Amy. The writing is amazing.Not everyone is going to shot rainbows out their bottom 24/7. Amy shows this. She started out somewhat positive on top of things and handling them as they came at her. But seeing everyone fall one by one, even those close to her in their group fall and still trying to scramble ideas in her head on what she should do next to try and save everyone on a situation with no bright end in sight can break anyone. She is at that point where shes on the edge trying to do what she can but is slowly giving way. And im sure that is what Eggman and Starline would love to see.

13 hours ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

Exactly. You can't just keep up the optimism unless there is a sure sign that things will get better. And so far every bit of those signs have been ruthlessly, hilariously tramped.

Cream has been trying to keep an upper lip since she lost Cheese and Chocola, but when she lost her mom, you start to wonder what's left.

Tails was sure that he had the makings of a cure but lost it,  and any backup of that data, from a Zombot attack. He's running/ran out of options.

Hell, even Sonic is struggling to keep being his "Sonic Self" because he's dead tired, on the verge of collapse or zombotification, can't even touch anyone without infecting them, and have to continue putting up with Eggman's crap.

I would fully agree with this if there was something to base it off of for Amy. If I fall back on the character's history with the games I would not expect her to appear so worn down. If I were to discard her history from games though the comic has simply established her as the "leader" who happens to like Sonic and wants to go adventures with him but puts her responsibilities first. That doesn't really tell me a lot and leaves how she handles this story arc to develop her character in the comics. The problem there is that unlike Sonic, Tails, Cream, and Espio we don't see any distinct events wearing her down. We are left with really just she keeps failing to have teams report in and, while this can tells us that she cares for the nebulous all, it doesn't really feel personal like the others. This could have been helped with Issue 22 which was supposed to be focused on her, but she still pretty much got nothing while the next steps in Cream and Espio's decay were clearly illustrated. To those who see a developing character arc and great characterization I'm glad you can for she has felt like a non-character for sometime to me now.

-----

Moving on like the story itself, I am curious about what type of chaos is going to be occurring on the Face Ship as well as what avenue of response to Tangle's infection is going to be explored with Whisper. Her response and subsequent coping has actually finally made me interested in her as a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, I'm not going to pretend that Amy has been a major player throughout all of this. She's definitely taken a backseat for the most part.

I just disagree that it's some big betrayal of the character. I know the everyone wants to see their favorite character in the best possible light, but realistically speaking, that's not always going to be the case. Characters fall out of the limelight all of the time depending on the story. It's the literally one of the most fundamental parts of telling a story.

Your favorite characters will not always be a major part of the story,  and they will not always act in ways that you think they should act.

Can we just....talk about the story please? We've had to deal with "my favorite character deserves better" stuff with Shadow and now Amy.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Sir Tinstripe said:

No. Sonic's speed been successfully burning off the virus's progress so far ever since he and Tails came up with the idea, which became necessary to analyze and come up with a cure before they lost Tails's lab and the HQ.

But Gemerl is saying the virus is probably adapting, or Sonic's body is losing health, to the point where said burn-off is becoming less effective against it. No doubt Eggman already had this in mind to ensure its literally unstoppable. 

Ah. That would make sense.

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Conversely, Amy is almost a non entity in this volume. She is there almost entirely just to tell Sonic information and point him to the next plot thread.

Essentially.

I would fully agree with this if there was something to base it off of for Amy.If I fall back on the character's history with the games I would not expect her to appear so worn down. If I were to discard her history from games though the comic has simply established her as the "leader" who happens to like Sonic and wants to go adventures with him but puts her responsibilities first. That doesn't really tell me a lot and leaves how she handles this story arc to develop her character in the comics

I mean she arguably had it better than everyone besides Tails, Knuckles, Silver, and maybe Charmy, but then the high was jarringly disjointed in comparison.

The problem there is that unlike Sonic, Tails, Cream, and Espio we don't see any distinct events wearing her down. We are left with really just she keeps failing to have teams report in and, while this can tells us that she cares for the nebulous all, it doesn't really feel personal like the others.This could have been helped with Issue 22 which was supposed to be focused on her, but she still pretty much got nothing while the next steps in Cream and Espio's decay were clearly illustrated. To those who see a developing character arc and great characterization I'm glad you can for she has felt like a non-character for sometime to me now.

That is very true.

Amy is primarily defined by her wannabe relationship to Sonic and lacks much in the way of a special skill or defining background to fall back on unlike them and several others. That could be a good part of why she tends to be more prone to 'Depending on the Writer' than most of the characters.

This comic in itself just kinda saddled her with role .

This could have been helped with Issue 22 which was supposed to be focused on her, but she still pretty much got nothing 

Was it?

37 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Look, I'm not going to pretend that Amy has been a major player throughout all of this. She's definitely taken a backseat for the most part.

I just disagree that it's some big betrayal of the character. I know the everyone wants to see their favorite character in the best possible light, but realistically speaking, that's not always going to be the case. Characters fall out of the limelight all of the time depending on the story. It's the literally one of the most fundamental parts of telling a story.

Your favorite characters will not always be a major part of the story,  and they will not always act in ways that you think they should act.

Can we just....talk about the story please? We've had to deal with "my favorite character deserves better" stuff with Shadow and now Amy.

It probably goes to show the level of people reading the comics for what the games aren't providing consistently enough and/or as an in-between.

Tangle's last stand.

Featuring: An optimistic bird.

Gonna be interesting to see the threat of the metal zombie with a long range attack. Much more of a threat than a...slightly faster metallic zombie that Shadow is.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Featuring: An optimistic bird.

The what now?

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Gonna be interesting to see the threat of the metal zombie with a long range attack. Much more of a threat than a...slightly faster metallic zombie that Shadow is.

So she'll continue to "flex" on him?

#24 Whoooooooo

This was heavy stuff. But in a good way. Might be best issue this year, maybe even so far.

Let's start with drawbacks: plot is the same as issues 17-20 and 22. Plot didn't really moved. If this issue felt more "fresh" in content, I would have zero complains.

Positives: EVERYTHING ELSE. Despite the repeated plot, Flynn managed to find new way to make thing depressive. Atmosphere is just oppressive. Look at Cream! If Amy falls, she won't even have tears, she'll just sigh heavily. And there is poor Tails, Whisper and Sonic yelling "I can't" in most pathetically sad way. But of course Tangle is the winner, she was AMAZING in like, every panel

Spoiler

but at least Sonic got to hug someone, because she's already lost. Yaaaay.....

Artwork is just gorgeous. Again, might be best in whole IDW and I can't think of anything better from Archie right now.

And I do love seeing so many characters in one story and all of them interacting. Of course that means not everyone will shine.
Amy is very... dry in this storyline. I understand why some people don't like this, but this simply isn't story ABOUT her. It's like complaining that Knuckes stayed home during Lost World. Story just wasn't about him, okay? And in the end Amy's optimism is "above average", but not "through the roof high". It's not that strange that whole thing is wearing her down, especially considering that she's in charge. If someone else was a leader, perhaps she would have more energy to keep spirits up.
Espio outburst is understandable, but I wonder if Flynn plays it right. If I was in his shoes, I would drop the whole "kill/spare Eggman" debate and leave it to fans. By constantly drawing attention to it, he makes it more look like Sonic was in wrong. So unless the story has a twist that Mr. Tinker left a cure or something, it doesn't seems like a good idea.
Either way I don't mind, those are tiny nerdy things to chew on. Rest of the issue was to good.

I'm pretty exited right now. I have NO IDEA if story will end in #25 or somehow keep going. I purposely avoided all solicits and spoilers, finally I'm in completely darkness.
Also, my prediction how this arc will end

Spoiler

Super Sonic. Those emeralds sit there too long doing nothing.

If Sonic speed is a half-cure, then magical Super Speed is full cure. Sonic will go Super and then touch every infected person, spreading his cure-ness.

okay so ive been lurking for awhile, but wanted to say stuff for this issue because it's probably my favorite issue as of yet, or at least in my top 3. re-reading it for the third time now. the issue starts well with

Spoiler

sonic and espio, as espio puts blame on sonic actions for not probably dealing with eggman/mr tinker. nothing too new but i like the quote we get from sonic and it reminds me why sonic is still my favorite character.

"so what? we have to assume the worst about everyone and everything? show no mercy to anyone? no second chances?"

with how the games just show sonic being smug 99% of the time, its just nice seeing sonic's more caring and kind side, with his ability to forgive and give people a chance. we saw this with him and metal, too. i can see why people in and out of series are crapping on him for it but i just find it really enduring and respectable. love ya sonic.

on a less despairing and cute note(s),

Spoiler

amy waggles her tail when she notices sonic near the beginning of the issue (or i think that's what they were trying to protray?). it's very cute. we also see ABT's OC/Sheep Girl looking pretty badass. I wouldn't mind if she became an actual/more recurring character tbh.

ngl kinda glad we didn't go the lost world route with

Spoiler

tails getting mad or livid with sonic for ruining the data recorder. here it would be more understandable but... nah.

seeing our lil' fox boy shed tears (and seeing cream being any type of depressed) is always sad, though.

i liked how they tried to trick us into thinking

Spoiler

tangle wasn't infected at first by showing her fighting zombots by kicking them with chairs, even when it wasn't ness-

..actually, as a typed that i realized if she decided to kick them naturally the zombot infection would've spread more faster, which she was trying to prevent. oops. pretty smart on their side lol.

the sonic/tangle interaction in this issue was very nice.

Spoiler

tangle cheering sonic up and washing away his doubts, even just for the moment, is what i truly loved to see. felt like something sonic would do for tails. she also isn't letting the events and her upcoming zombotification get to her, or at least trying to. these two are kindred spirits indeed. 

and also the damn hug. omg it hit me in the kokoro. sad because sonic hasn't had physical affection since he's been infected and has been trying to avoid touching his friends instead (seen later with amy asking him for help). ill give this dude a hug even if it means ill be infected deadass lmao. oh, and more sad because it'll be the last thing tangle does with a friend (plus the last one she sees) before she's a zombot. ugh.

tangle fighting until the very end is very anime-ish. she does it with a smile, badass sparkly tears, and some badass dialogue too until she's finally transformed. would definitely love to see this animated. come on sega.

when sonic says that tangle was sorry but she had nothing to be sorry about because she was a hero... i felt that. damn dude.

so the biggest part of this issue...

Spoiler

can't say much about tangle and whisper in this issue because you guys already said most of my thoughts. i'll start by saying the expressions from whisper made me realize ABT is my favorite artist for the comic. before this issue it was definitely close between evan but this guy just draws everything towards my personal taste so well like omg. his fighting scenes were already so amazing but the dude can also draw emotions onto these characters so well too. you truly felt the panic and desperate feelings from whisper trying to go and get to tangle just from her facial expressions alone. now im definitely gonna be MORE (because i already was before this issue) hyped if i see the guy drawing for a future issue.
...is it bad im lowkey starting to ship these two? i aplogize if so.

as much as i'm rambling about how much i want to frame this issue in a museum, it has flaws, or IMO just a flaw. It doesn't really move the story forward until the very last page. eh it's fine with me though, i haven't felt this attached to sonic characters in so long. 8.5/10

• Thumbs Up 4